🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The reality of Trump's condolences phone call

I'm kind of curious about the left losing their shit over this.

If this soldier had been conscripted to serve in a war and was killed, the President (Meaning anyone serving as President at that time) would console the spouse. In what way would that conversation go? That he or she was sorry but the needs of the nation compelled them to put their son in harms way against his will?

To Me, it would be some comfort to know that My son or daughter understood the dangers and risks associated with being a volunteer in the service of this nation by joining the armed forces. So, yes; while it is a tragedy that this soldier lost his life, he understood the risks and knew that going forward, he may lose his life. We can be proud of the fact that this young man chose to serve a nation he loved. It is sad that he died and now his family must suffer the price of that sacrifice.

The fact remains, he did know what he was signing up for. That cannot be refuted and to make a brouhaha over this is just so much nonsense. The OP is correct. This is just more of the left's parsing words in order to destroy someone they don't like.

That is part of the problem...he relentlessly attacks the media, and they attack him, then he lies about things and makes it worse. All presidents have to learn to develop a thick skin. Trump hasn't.

Ironic that republicans call Trump a RINO, where Trump has no rhino qualities

Trump has a habit of speaking before thinking. What he said may have seemed a bit off for the conversation but the only ones with cruel motives in this situation are the filthy leftists.

I'm kind of curious about the left losing their shit over this.

If this soldier had been conscripted to serve in a war and was killed, the President (Meaning anyone serving as President at that time) would console the spouse. In what way would that conversation go? That he or she was sorry but the needs of the nation compelled them to put their son in harms way against his will?

To Me, it would be some comfort to know that My son or daughter understood the dangers and risks associated with being a volunteer in the service of this nation by joining the armed forces. So, yes; while it is a tragedy that this soldier lost his life, he understood the risks and knew that going forward, he may lose his life. We can be proud of the fact that this young man chose to serve a nation he loved. It is sad that he died and now his family must suffer the price of that sacrifice.

The fact remains, he did know what he was signing up for. That cannot be refuted and to make a brouhaha over this is just so much nonsense. The OP is correct. This is just more of the left's parsing words in order to destroy someone they don't like.
I agree, it was taken out of context, distorted and politicized. It should never have been made public and the fact that they politicized it represents a new low.

I don't know any of the specifics. Don't need to, because it's clear what's taking place. Progressives nitpick every fucking word because they're petty and weak. Even when they have nothing they invent something to bitch about, and NOTHING is sacred. At the end of the day progressives lose again, which has become their comfort zone.

A couple of things here...you conservatives did the same exact thing to Obama so stop whining and pretending to be all outraged. You destroyed "sacred" a long time ago.

Beyond that - this was a real FAIL. That congresswoman betrayed a trust - what should have been CONFIDENTIAL conversation was publicized in the worst possible way, and what should NEVER be politicized was. This was definately a low point and all who jumped in to the fray should be embarresed.

Conservatives may have done, but the media didn't. The fame media kissed his ass every single day. He could do no wrong as far as they are concerned. Snowflakes behave as if the media is nuetral in these affairs. It obviously isn't. This thing would have never been in the news if the fake media was neutral.

OH BULLSHIT. The rightwing media jumped on every thing Obama said and misconstrued it. Don't give me that crap - I'm sick of it. You and your media are no better.

View attachment 155655
And how much of that is directly related to Trumps own behavior?

You want to have your cake and eat it too. You laude, excuse and fail to condemn truly outrageous rhetoric and conduct because he is "genuine" and some how should not be held to the standards of his predecessors. When the media report on this you cry unfair.

And you think this is fair? You also made comments like "everybody does it." Yes, everybody does it, but some do it much more than others. Trump has made some great progress, yet very little in the media about it unless you do turn on Fox or some similar news outlet on the radio.

One or two stories about the great accomplishments in Raqqa, 50 stories on some Democrat hat queen and how she lied about Trump's call the widow of a fallen solder. This has become the norm of our media since Trump took office.

That's what Kelly said, that's what Kelly told Trump to say.

But we have seen Trump in action. Even when given a script, he goes off script and adds things like "by both sides" and other comments, changing the whole inflection of his statement.

So Trump lied that Congresswomen lied about what he said, denying everything, saying he didn't say what Wilson said, and what Kelly confirmed he told Trump to say.

But we have seen Trump in action. Even when given a script, he goes off script and adds things like "by both sides" and other comments, changing the whole inflection of his statement.

So Trump lied that Congresswomen lied about what he said, denying everything, saying he didn't say what Wilson said, and what Kelly confirmed he told Trump to say.
I don't actually believe the Congresswomen any more than I believe Trump. However, the issue isn't about any of that. It is about the fact that this Congresswoman felt the need to politicize this thinking that she'd get some advantage from it and the media is running with it and the left are losing their shit over a statement of fact regarding what was said. Something that I would take as a comfort if it had been My son or daughter.

A couple of things here...you conservatives did the same exact thing to Obama so stop whining and pretending to be all outraged. You destroyed "sacred" a long time ago.

Beyond that - this was a real FAIL. That congresswoman betrayed a trust - what should have been CONFIDENTIAL conversation was publicized in the worst possible way, and what should NEVER be politicized was. This was definately a low point and all who jumped in to the fray should be embarresed.

Conservatives may have done, but the media didn't. The fame media kissed his ass every single day. He could do no wrong as far as they are concerned. Snowflakes behave as if the media is nuetral in these affairs. It obviously isn't. This thing would have never been in the news if the fake media was neutral.

OH BULLSHIT. The rightwing media jumped on every thing Obama said and misconstrued it. Don't give me that crap - I'm sick of it. You and your media are no better.

View attachment 155655

You want to have your cake and eat it too. You laude, excuse and fail to condemn truly outrageous rhetoric and conduct because he is "genuine" and some how should not be held to the standards of his predecessors. When the media report on this you cry unfair.

And you think this is fair? You also made comments like "everybody does it." Yes, everybody does it, but some do it much more than others. Trump has made some great progress, yet very little in the media about it unless you do turn on Fox or some similar news outlet on the radio.

One or two stories about the great accomplishments in Raqqa, 50 stories on some Democrat hat queen and how she lied about Trump's call the widow of a fallen solder. This has become the norm of our media since Trump took office.

What is fair? Fox promoting a conspiracy theory that hurts the family of a murdered young man just to try to smear Clinton?

What is fair...years of a president having his birth and legitimacy openly questioned?

The media isn't fair, it is not their job. Their job is to report the news. Their job is to be the watch dog. The fact that the condolence call was made such a big deal is a fail on the media side.

I don't know any of the specifics. Don't need to, because it's clear what's taking place. Progressives nitpick every fucking word because they're petty and weak. Even when they have nothing they invent something to bitch about, and NOTHING is sacred. At the end of the day progressives lose again, which has become their comfort zone.

View attachment 155655

"By his own behavior" you mean calling the MSM "fake news." Yeah, I guess is is responsible for telling the truth that the media is composed entirely of lying scum. As the recent episode with the widow of the soldier killed in Niger shows, the media jackals will take anything he says and twist it to serve their narrative.

You're finally getting it. The press covers what the president says (or tweets), and Trump said nothing about Raqqa, but tweeted a storm about congresswoman Wilson. So it's TRUMP who pushed 50 stories on Wilson, and none on Raqqa.

Horseshit. Douche bag lying clown pigs and the fake media are doing everything they can to destroy Trump. No one is fooled. You're a douche bag just like the sleazy lying Congress pig.

The media asks the questions, and replays the videos.

It's not our problem that Trump and his associates chose to lie about everything/ And not just the big things, but everything big and small.
That is part of the problem...he relentlessly attacks the media, and they attack him, then he lies about things and makes it worse. All presidents have to learn to develop a thick skin. Trump hasn't.
Puhleez. The idea that Trump is getting the same treatment Obama got is laughable.

View attachment 155655

"By his own behavior" you mean calling the MSM "fake news." Yeah, I guess is is responsible for telling the truth that the media is composed entirely of lying scum. As the recent episode with the widow of the soldier killed in Niger shows, the media jackals will take anything he says and twist it to serve their narrative.

You never cared when they did it to his predecessor, now it matters?

You're finally getting it. The press covers what the president says (or tweets), and Trump said nothing about Raqqa, but tweeted a storm about congresswoman Wilson. So it's TRUMP who pushed 50 stories on Wilson, and none on Raqqa.
Are the press the puppets of the president? Who knew?

In reality, the media has been reduced to nothing more than a mouthpiece for one party or the other and they accomplish this task by misinforming the people with outright lies and lies of omission, half-truths, and the shading of information to conform with biases.

Oh, so that's the new MSM information...... Twitter?

Trump didn't politicize this......she did. Trump only responded, and it wouldn't have mattered if he did or not. The MSM was hell bent to make this a top story no matter what.

If Trump would stop the twitter storms over minor things the story would have died.

The widow confirmed what Kelly said, you brain damaged git.

As the recent episode with the widow of the soldier killed in Niger shows, the media jackals will take anything he says and twist it to serve their narrative.

According to Wilson, Trump said "he knew what he signed up for"
According to Kelly, Trump said "he knew what he signed up for"

According to Trump, "I didn't say what Wilson claimed"

Wilson, Johnsons mother in law, and even Kelly confirmed what Trump said.

Yet Trump denied he said it.

If Trump would stop the twitter storms over minor things the story would have died.
Bullshit. The media jackals were intent on blowing it up as big as possible, like the do every other trivial controversy.

Conspiracy theory is that Trump really screwed up in Niger (the next Benghazi) and instead distracts everybody with the Johnson / Wilson attacks.

Forum List

Back