The reason democrats use identity politics.

Dems defend those who are getting a raw deal in society

If that means identifying who they are....so be it
White males are the ones getting the raw deal.
Poor, poor Snowflake

Can I give you a hug?
The that what Trump should have said to the widow of the soldier killed in Niger?
Good point

How do you properly respond to a widow?
Is saying to her...He signed up for that making her life easier?

Last edited:

Poor, poor Snowflake

Can I give you a hug?
The that what Trump should have said to the widow of the soldier killed in Niger?
Good point

Is feeling her...He signed up for that making her life easier?
Your post is unintelligable, but it's clear you're making your usual douche bag comment.

Poor, poor Snowflake

Can I give you a hug?
Good point

Your post is unintelligable, but it's clear you're making your usual douche bag comment.
Right over your head Fingerboy

Empathy is beyond you

Poor, poor Snowflake

Can I give you a hug?
Good point

Empathy is beyond you

What does empathy have to do with your smear campaign?

Poor, poor Snowflake

Can I give you a hug?
Good point

Empathy is beyond you

You know....EMPATHY

Being concerned with the feelings of a woman who just gave her husband to the country

Democrats have blacks, Hispanics, gays, Muslims, whites, Asians and so on.

Republicans have white and everyone else. Just me and "them". The GOP is very binary.

Democrats have blacks, Hispanics, gays, Muslims, whites, Asians and so on.

Republicans have white and everyone else. Just me and "them". The GOP is very binary.

Republican identity politics is the nazis and
KKK

Some of them are good people

Good point

Empathy is beyond you

You know....EMPATHY

Being concerned with the feelings of a woman who just gave her husband to the country

Why should I have empathy for a woman who puts partisan politics ahead of having respect for her former husband?

You can always tell when partisan ideologues are stung by a word or phrase: They either deny its existence or try to use it against the other side.

Both ends do this, of course.

Right now, the list of terms the Regressives obviously try to avoid includes "snowflake", "political correctness" and "identity politics".

But those particular terms, behaviors and tactics belong to the Left, regardless.

Last edited:
Good point

Empathy is beyond you

You know....EMPATHY

Why should I have empathy for a woman who puts partisan politics ahead of having respect for her former husband?

Seems she gave her husband to the country only to be insulted by the Commander in Chief

They literally have nothing else. Nothing. It is all they know.

Makes me actually pretty happy that they have not, cause they CANNOT learn their lesson.

It is really not that complicated. They literally know no other way and it really pisses them off that it is no longer working.

Really pisses them off.

Lol
So pointing out the racism & bigotry of the right is now called identity politics?

I wish I could duct tape every Democrat in the country into a chair and make them watch this interview with liberal professor and author Mark Lilla. He's imploring the party to get away from the Identity Politics that have robbed them of so much political power, and to start looking at what binds us together as Americans, not what divides us:

MarkLilla-large.png

You mean like the chamber of commerce, founded in 1912.
Sure, whatever deflects from the point.
The point that was made is that all politics is identity politics. The entire lobbying industry is identity based.
Sure. Run with that, fine with me. There are plenty of honest liberals who admit otherwise, and I've listed some of them on this thread.

So it's all good.
Am I wrong?
Of course. PC and Identity Politics are tools and weapons of the American Left.

The Regressives here have all decided that there's no such thing as Identity Politics, of course. Great.

I'm not trying to convince you, or anyone else, of anything. Believe what you will. Free country. I'll agree with the honest liberals to whom I've referred.

Of course the vilification of racial, religious and ethnic groups is not a type of identity politics at all.

Doesn't work like that
Public policy does not affect everyone in the same way

A policy to help the old will cost the young
Helping the rich will come at the expense of the poor
Assuming a Zero sum.... I'll go with it though. If I exercise my right to free speech, for example, someone else has, by definition, been denied their right. Is that how it works?

Of course not
Why do conservatives suck at analogies?
Then maybe you can clear things up a bit. I said that if you fight for everyone's rights, everyone wins. You said it doesn't work that way. How have I gotten this wrong?

Our rights are established in the Constitution and our laws
Everything else is public policy....taxes, expenditures on schools, military, healthcare, infrastructure, subsidies
All help some more than others

If we build more schools....it helps those who are raising children more than those without kids

What you call identity politics
Our rights are established in the Constitution and our laws
I see it differently. Let me reword to demonstrate the difference:

Our rights are guaranteed by the constitution, which is the basis for our laws.

I trust you see the difference. It may seem trivial to some, but it is an important distinction to make. Your statement would lead one to believe that our rights come from government. My statement would lead one to believe that our rights come from somewhere else (ie. a higher authority, or God to some), and are only upheld (guaranteed) by the constitution. Furthermore, our rights are not established by any law, only clarified (at most) by them.
Our rights are guaranteed by the constitution, which is the basis for our laws.

That's correct. Fighting to help a group, such as gay folks, to attain national recognition of their equal rights under the constitution isn't simply identity politics. It's a core principle for liberals of equality and justice.

Forum List

Back