The Reason for Poverty Among Blacks is Not Racism

So all Blacks are crippled? Why would you say such a racist thing?
Yeah, that’s the bigotry of low expectations that is rampant among leftists. That the poster would compare able-bodied poor blacks who have Pell Grants available and Affirmative Action helping them get into prestigious programs as being “crippled” sure is telling!

Yeah, that’s the bigotry of low expectations that is rampant among leftists. That the poster would compare able-bodied poor blacks who have Pell Grants available and Affirmative Action helping them get into prestigious programs as being “crippled” sure is telling!
I put the troll on ignore. Obviously mentally ill.

The lesson continues...

"In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure."
-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

The median income for black households compared to non-Hispanic whites for the last 50 years show a history of earnings inequality. The numbers used were from the U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplements (CPS ASEC), Table H-5 Race and Hispanic Origin of Householder--Households by Median and Mean Income: 1967 to 2020. Again, this will reflect that the unwed mother and fatherless home are not the sole cause of economic hardship. It is caused by a problem most want to deny.

In 1972, the American household median income was $9,697 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $10,318 per year; for Black households, it was $5,938. Black household median income was 58 percent of white households. In 1974, the American household median income was $11,197 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $11,810 per year; for black households, $6,964. Black household median income was 59 percent of what whites made.

Twenty years after the Civil Rights Act was passed (1984), the American household median income was $22,415 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $24,138 per year; for Blacks, $13,471. Black household median income was 55.8 percent of non-Hispanic white households. In 2004, the annual American household median income was $44,334. The median yearly income for non-Hispanic white households was $48,910; for blacks it was $30,095. Black household median income was 61.5 percent of non-Hispanic whites.

In 2014, the annual American median income was $53,657 per year. The median yearly income for non-Hispanic White households was $60.256; for Black households, $35,398. Black household income was 58.7 percent of what Whites made. In 2020, the American household median income was $67,521 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic White households was $74.912; for Blacks households, $45,870. Black household median income was 61 percent of white households in 2020.

At no time from 1959 through 2020 have whites and blacks come close to having equal income.

This is not something blacks have done to ourselves. It's time you racists faced reality.

The lesson continues...

"In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure."
-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

The median income for black households compared to non-Hispanic whites for the last 50 years show a history of earnings inequality. The numbers used were from the U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey Annual Social and Economic Supplements (CPS ASEC), Table H-5 Race and Hispanic Origin of Householder--Households by Median and Mean Income: 1967 to 2020. Again, this will reflect that the unwed mother and fatherless home are not the sole cause of economic hardship. It is caused by a problem most want to deny.

In 1972, the American household median income was $9,697 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $10,318 per year; for Black households, it was $5,938. Black household median income was 58 percent of white households. In 1974, the American household median income was $11,197 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $11,810 per year; for black households, $6,964. Black household median income was 59 percent of what whites made.

Twenty years after the Civil Rights Act was passed (1984), the American household median income was $22,415 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic white households was $24,138 per year; for Blacks, $13,471. Black household median income was 55.8 percent of non-Hispanic white households. In 2004, the annual American household median income was $44,334. The median yearly income for non-Hispanic white households was $48,910; for blacks it was $30,095. Black household median income was 61.5 percent of non-Hispanic whites.

In 2014, the annual American median income was $53,657 per year. The median yearly income for non-Hispanic White households was $60.256; for Black households, $35,398. Black household income was 58.7 percent of what Whites made. In 2020, the American household median income was $67,521 per year. The median income for non-Hispanic White households was $74.912; for Blacks households, $45,870. Black household median income was 61 percent of white households in 2020.

At no time from 1959 through 2020 have whites and blacks come close to having equal income.

This is not something blacks have done to ourselves. It's time you racists faced reality.
Wrong. You have done it to yourself.

Your hate consumes you and makes you ignorant. You must be proud of these recent killings of whites by blacks.

Bullshit. Your boy Flash says differently.

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”
Congratulations, you found one stupid criminal who not only violated his company's hiring guidelines, but the law as well.

You've very naive. You remember the Wells Fargo scandal from about 10 years ago. I think the only person who got any money of it was one of the employee who was committing the wrongdoing. He got more than a million but the customers got screwed.

I'm a database back-end developer so I see a lot of data - I've worked for several mortgage companies and the whole subprime market was created to make more money off of poorer people. Black people have traditionally been assumed to be poor risks so the financial institutions charge black people more, however when you're poor everything costs you more. It really seems backwards, just like when in the more affluent areas the price of gas is a lot lower than in the poorer neighborhoods.

Look it up, this is United States history.
A lot of the reason things cost more in poor neighborhoods is the businesses have a higher risk of theft and vandalism. It costs more to do business there.

So you think black people act like rabid animals....right?
Try to be honest, for once in your fucking life. Here is my statement. Have a 7 year old read and explain it to you:

" But many of the negative views whites might hold about black people come into being as a direct result of the horrible behavior many, especially younger, blacks engage in."

I stand by that statement. It is 100% true.

The whole subprime mortgage industry was created by Democrats who, in the search for “equity,” demanded that banks lend money to blacks who wouldn’t qualify under the normal requirements so they could own houses at a rate equivalent to white people.

This is what happens when you demand ”equal outcomes” without qualifications.
Not just blacks, but other minorities as well. There are people of all races that don't have the background to own a house. They don't understand how expensive it can be and how much maintenance has to be done constantly. I didn't understand it when I bought my first house. Fortunately, I disregarded the realtor's insistence that I buy the most expensive house I could qualify for (this was the beginning of the sub-prime mess) and bought a house well within my ability to pay and I had the money to pay for repairs an upkeep until I learned how to do it myself.

Try to be honest, for once in your fucking life. Here is my statement. Have a 7 year old read and explain it to you:

" But many of the negative views whites might hold about black people come into being as a direct result of the horrible behavior many, especially younger, blacks engage in."

I stand by that statement. It is 100% true.
And many more younger whites.....right?

Why don't you want me to talk about my ancestors when you have talked about your family members? I know you believe that slavery was a LONG LONG time ago but one of my cousins who I met several decades ago (1984ish) came from parents who lived on the Middleton Plantation. That's where one half of my family originated.

So no, you don't get to talk about your family and how they pulled themselves up by their bootstraps (while not being black) and tell me not to talk about my family whom I'm proud of because they took what they learned while in captivity and used that knowledge and those skills to make a good life for themselves elsewhere as building contractors, the first African Americans to be licensed as such there in their home state.

And it's never been a secret that I'm black, everyone who knows me here, knows that I'm black so I don't why you think I'm giving anything away but let me leave you with this. I was telling another poster about my grandfather who was a Tuskegee Airmen. They accomplished all that they did 20 years at least before the advent of affirmative action, however they faced the same propaganda you all are spewing now - they were given preferential treatment, they took flight slots away from white pilots, white pilots were being discriminated against, etc.

So, were the Tuskegee Airmen causing white pilots to be discriminated against? In your opinion did they deserve the slots they got even if it meant some white pilots didn't get to fly?
Was your cousin a slave? He would have had to been 120 years old or so to have been born a slave. It's more likely he was the son or grandson of sharecroppers working the land for a percentage of the crops grown by them. A lot of poor people of all races sharecropped in the nineteenth century. My uncle's neighbor sharecropped my uncle's farm because while my uncle loved living in the country he wasn't interested in farming. So, he allowed his farmer neighbor to work the land and they split the profits form the crop.

Forum List

Back