The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

One basic question: Why is the Left more tolerant of Islam than of Christianity?

tolerant of what exactly? the harmful legislation they seek?

it's a loaded question and you know it... typical coward op.

try to answer my question with specifics so we can discuss, and without attacking me personally, if you can.

what legislation are muslims seeking that the left is tolerating differently?

One basic question: Why is the Left more tolerant of Islam than of Christianity?

try to answer my question with specifics so we can discuss, and without attacking me personally, if you can.

I've provided myriad examples and explanations, and you folks keep pretending that I haven't.

I've also provided opinions from honest liberals, many.

So if you're actually curious and not a "coward", look through the thread.

I'm doubtful that you will.

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

looks like you've been taking lessons form Political 'Chic'. *cough*

tell me, exactly what does it mean for a political group (the left) to 'tolerate' a religion...?

please note, mac pretends to have me on ignore yet just responded to my post.

This is so fascinating to watch, and election of London's new mayor is shedding even more light on it.

Members of one specific religion - a religion with a current record of extreme violence, intimidation and terror - are telling us precisely what they're going to do, and they're doing it. It's expansion is clear and rapid and undeniable. We're watching it happen in real time, particularly across Europe. This isn't a partisan or religious opinion, it is a clear fact, based on observation.

Meanwhile, a group of people - the Regressive Left (as honest liberal Bill Maher refers to them), a group all too happy to attack the misdeeds of another religion (Christianity, obviously) in absolutely every possible way, at absolutely every opportunity, are bending over backwards to be defensive and so very tolerant of the first religion. A religion, by the way, that treats women and gays as lesser objects, among other behaviors that the Regressive Leftists loathe.

Exactly what is happening here?

Is this just a petulant, knee-jerk reaction against Christianity and conservatives, is it that simple? Are they willing to be so very tolerant of one specific religion just to be contrarian against certain other people they hate?

Or could it be more? Is this behavior related to the payback tactics that we're seeing with race and wealth? Or perhaps do they harbor certain affinities for the religion to which they won't openly admit?

And directly to the Regressive Leftists here: I'm certainly not, nor do I ever, expect a straight, clear and honest answer from you on this. What I expect from you is the standard deflection, derision, personal insults and name-calling. I know that's what we'll get, it's an easy prediction. This thread is specifically about your behaviors, not about Islam. I'm just curious about this, and perhaps some other responses will shed some light or provide some clues.

looks like you've been taking lessons form Political 'Chic'. *cough*

tell me, exactly what does it mean for a political group (the left) to 'tolerate' a religion...?
Please see post 1203.

*cough*

I've provided myriad examples and explanations, and you folks keep pretending that I haven't.

i don't want your flimsy disingenuous explanations and opinions.

show me the political "left" tolerating LEGISLATION differently.

Now their little feewings are hurt.

Find a safe place, fellas!
Ironical as you call for the government to create a safe, muslim free space for you.
A liberal free space would be better.
Saudi Arabia awaits you.
You first.
Strange how you support them while you criticize them. That a bit schizoid, isn't it?
I support allowing people to practice the religion of their choice. Just like the constitution. I don't support allowing religion to legislate. Just like the constitution. I wouldn't live in Saudi Arabia for any amount of money.

You on the other hand are now on record as supporting Muslim's, therefore according to the OP's logic you support terrorism.

Enjoy.
In what alternative dimension is my anti-Sharia Law position a form of support, Bizarro World?

i don't want your flimsy disingenuous explanations and opinions.

show me the political "left" tolerating LEGISLATION differently.
Why? I made no such point.

Just kidding. I know why.

No, I'm not saying I meant Sam Harris. I'm using his statements, which you promote as truth, to show you why I claimed the term "regressive leftist" silences debate. Surely even you can see the hypocrisy. So I am not deflecting, I am trying to give you my perspective on this issue. It is you who is trying to squash any thoughts that do not conform to your bias.

Well, in Britain, it has become so bad that they sacrifice their children quite willingly to Muslim rape gangs rather than run the risk of being called racist, bigot or Islamophobe.

It's not so much that those running interference for this activity are silencing people directly (other than when they have power at website or other media to do so). It's just that the general level of abuse any thinking person must endure by the mob intent on running the interference for them is so great that a generalized sense of intimidation prevails to the point people are unwilling to challenge them.
Yes, I understand how it works and don't necessarily disagree with Sam Harris on his point. I'm pointing out that combating it with the same technique is hardly constructive and Harris and the others are wrong to use it.

Are you British?

please note, mac pretends to have me on ignore yet just responded to my post.
Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

*cough*

And tell us, why would you post directly to me when you think I still have you on ignore, hmmmmm?

:biggrin:

This place is TOO fucking easy.

too easy indeed... to catch you off guard and prove your patent dishonesty.

when i saw your prompt reply, i laughed heartily ftr.
What dishonesty? Did you not click on the link?

You posted to me thinking I had you on ignore. It's right there on the screen.

What are you, 12?

You people prove my point about you, CONSTANTLY.

Yes, I understand how it works and don't necessarily disagree with Sam Harris on his point. I'm pointing out that combating it with the same technique is hardly constructive and Harris and the others are wrong to use it.

Are you British?

One combats "it" by an honest examination of what "it" is and by an honest examination of what liberalism is.

On both counts, the illiberal leftists here have failed miserably.

Yup. You support terrorists, so you get the blame.

I support terrorists?

Where did that come from?
Anyone who repeats liberal talking-points obviously supports Democrats, which in turn supports Hamas either directly or indirectly. Liberals are simply useful-idiots to terrorists.

You are making no sense whatsoever.

You know as little about liberalism as the leftists here. It's just a bogeyman word to you.

Have you read so much as a single fucking thing I have said in this thread?

Forum List

Back