The Right To Bear Arms

You are correct.
Since Florida is mostly a free state a business owner can post all the signs he wants to tell a customer not to bring in a weapon but that sign has no force of law.
I always ignore those signs and carry anyhow if I want.
I think most states are like that.
I carried into an OH bar and grill that did not have the sign posted at the door, but at the bar.
As the sign must be at the door, I went on my merry way, Oddly enough, no one died.

That's incomplete and arguable but it does not take into consideration nutters working to make sure criminals, illegals, terrorists and the mentally ill have free access to any gun they want.

Actually, gun control ensured that the killers in France had guns....but the innocent magazine writers and patrons of the Kosher Deli had none.......

And France has far fewer shootings than us. And since most companies don't allow employees to carry the same thing would happen here. Most of the U.S. does not carry because they know they will never need a gun. When are you going after the big corporations and their gun free zones?

Last edited:
icon.jpg

Your Second Amendment rights are not unlimited — never have been and never will be – Applesauce - Rockford, IL - Rockford Register Star

The ABSOLUTE INDIVIDUAL right to bear arms - is UNALIENABLE not dependent on the Constitution.

Most of the U.S. does not carry because they know they will never need a gun.

And Brain....if you figure out a way to determine which Americans need their guns each day and which don't.....you would be a wealthy man......until then.........it is better that each individual decide for themselves.....

And the French have fewer gun murders because their criminals don't use guns to murder people........it is really as simple as that....since these three terrorists decided to murder people, went out, got illegal millitary rifles.....and murdered people.....gun control only works for those who decide to obey the law....and those who are caught breaking it....it will never work like Tom Cruise and the movie "minority report..."

And Brain....if you figure out a way to determine which Americans need their guns each day and which don't.....you would be a wealthy man......until then.........it is better that each individual decide for themselves.....

And the French have fewer gun murders because their criminals don't use guns to murder people........it is really as simple as that....since these three terrorists decided to murder people, went out, got illegal millitary rifles.....and murdered people.....gun control only works for those who decide to obey the law....and those who are caught breaking it....it will never work like Tom Cruise and the movie "minority report..."

Yes individuals should decide.

The French also have a much lower homicide rate. And like I said what happened there could happen here despite all our guns. Companies don't let employees carry.

The French also have a much lower homicide rate. And like I said what happened there could happen here despite all our guns. Companies don't let employees carry.

Companies don't let employees carry.

some do some dont

Companies don't let employees carry.

some do some dont

Yes some small do. But name some large companies that do.

Don't get me wrong. I'm licensed for CCW and I carry a gun from time to time. So I'm not opposed per se to the notion that guns do more good than harm. What I do oppose is constructing an argument for either position out of whole cloth, and John Lott has been stitching together his argument for longer than he should.

Do Guns Protect Us? Violence Policy Center Says No

The gun debate should be an honest one.

Don't get me wrong. I'm licensed for CCW and I carry a gun from time to time. So I'm not opposed per se to the notion that guns do more good than harm. What I do oppose is constructing an argument for either position out of whole cloth, and John Lott has been stitching together his argument for longer than he should.

If you want an honest discussion why do you use such an overtly biased organization? There is nothing balanced about anything they do. You say one thing and then do the exact opposite.

Hard to take anyone seriously who is that screwed up.

If you want an honest discussion why do you use such an overtly biased organization? There is nothing balanced about anything they do. You say one thing and then do the exact opposite.

Hard to take anyone seriously who is that screwed up.

Well, sparky, it's better than listening to Ted Nugent and the NRA.

US_Revolutionary_War_american_musket_loading.jpg

When will the confusing, poorly worded Second Amendment be updated to reflect modern reality?

I have a suggestion for rewording the 2nd amendment.....to reflect modern reality.....

"The Right to Keep and Bear arms is absolute.....and cannot be stopped by either local or federal government, and just because there are people who pretended to not understand the first iteration of this Amendment......let us be clear......people can own, carry and defend themselves with pistols and rifles, especially those used by the current military, but not excluding any others......and no treaties with foreign nations will stop this right......oh......and for those gun grabbers who will try to be clever.....ammo and equipment needed to operate pistols and rifles are off limits as well.....they carry the same protection as the pistols and rifles.....oh.......and again......for those who pretended not to understand the first attempt at this.........this does not mean for a militia....it is an absolute individual right.....get it......."

There....that may need some work, since the gun grabbers will weasle around just about anything you try to do to stop them....but we'll start with this....

So you want people to have machine guns?

anything civilian police have other civilians should be able to buy with nothing more than a background check. same with the standard issue individual infantry weapon. when we get to crew served heavy machine guns we are nearing the limit of arms that individuals KEEP and BEAR

That's incomplete and arguable but it does not take into consideration nutters working to make sure criminals, illegals, terrorists and the mentally ill have free access to any gun they want.

Actually, gun control ensured that the killers in France had guns....but the innocent magazine writers and patrons of the Kosher Deli had none.......
which is what people like Brain want

Forum List

Back