The rightwing misunderstands the connection between PC culture and the progressive movement

A good example of POlitical Correctness should involve a FALSE ACCUSATION to silence Political Speech that the accuser can't refute, or to destroy a Political Enemy.

You asked for an example . I gave one .

You gave an example of how you don't understand what Political Correctness is.

Very common these days with lefties.

They realize that people are sick of their pc shit, so they are trying to muddle the meaning of the word to confuse the issue.

Then you give me an example ? Because the "false accusation" definition is not the common understanding of what PC is .

Please stop your lying.

You talked a lot a shit about wanting an example , when I gave you one you ran away and didn't reply .

I did reply. I pointed out that it was a poor example.

Surely there must be a better one. Unless you are just wrong.

You asked for an example . I gave one .

They realize that people are sick of their pc shit, so they are trying to muddle the meaning of the word to confuse the issue.

Then you give me an example ? Because the "false accusation" definition is not the common understanding of what PC is .

Please stop your lying.

You talked a lot a shit about wanting an example , when I gave you one you ran away and didn't reply .

It's not my fault you have a retarded view of what "pc" is !

Please stop your lying.

This is the formal definition.

po·lit·i·cal cor·rect·ness
pəˈlidəkəl kəˈrek(t)nəs/
noun
  1. the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Note the "taken to extremes" and "preceived".

How does your example fit the above definition?

As a liberal, I think the PC culture in this country has gone way too far even If I think Trump supporters take the opposite extreme too far. Social justice warriors plague the internet and college campuses with bullshit. There are things feminists, college kids, pretentious white people, etc. say that is so ridiculous that it makes the leftwing look bad.

What the rightwing needs to understand is that progressives in general don't always agree with what some pretentious, white college kid says about issues concerning concerning race and LGBT issues. In fact, almost all of the prolific PC bullshit you hear about comes from college campuses. That's just how college kids are. They are so proud to be progressive that they say unintentionally hilarious things about issues they themselves don't experience. It just makes them feel good about themselves. They aren't real adults yet. They don't represent the progressive movement.

End rant.
Yet the pretentious kids you refer to, use the same language as the Democrat leadership.

Please stop your lying.

pəˈlidəkəl kəˈrek(t)nəs/
noun
  1. the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

Yes , you can't express anything negative about the seals wife being at the speech .

As a liberal, I think the PC culture in this country has gone way too far even If I think Trump supporters take the opposite extreme too far. Social justice warriors plague the internet and college campuses with bullshit. There are things feminists, college kids, pretentious white people, etc. say that is so ridiculous that it makes the leftwing look bad.

What the rightwing needs to understand is that progressives in general don't always agree with what some pretentious, white college kid says about issues concerning concerning race and LGBT issues. In fact, almost all of the prolific PC bullshit you hear about comes from college campuses. That's just how college kids are. They are so proud to be progressive that they say unintentionally hilarious things about issues they themselves don't experience. It just makes them feel good about themselves. They aren't real adults yet. They don't represent the progressive movement.

End rant.

So, ex-President Obama is “some pretentious, white college kid”? He openly supported much of this crap, and abused the power of his position to try to make it into national policy. If this is just some small fringe of your side that is pushing this crap, then why are we not hearing at all from the left wrong, denouncing it and trying to distance your side from it?
Okay, the specific issues Obama actually supported matter. Again, just because someone is progressive, it doesn't automatically mean they support crazy PC bullshit.

The right doesn't like "PC" stuff because usually it goes against their "this is what we believe" attitude. They'll be perfectly willing to be "PC" about something if it supports them though.

Please stop your lying.

pəˈlidəkəl kəˈrek(t)nəs/
noun

Yes , you can't express anything negative about the seals wife being at the speech .

Wives of navy seals are not "groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against".

Forum List

Back