🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the Roman Catholic Church is NOT Christian!

Please tell us in your own words what makes YOU a follower of Christ? What makes you a true Christian vs a nontrue Christian? How does one KNOW you or anyone is a Christian?

You sound like the Sanhedrin, accusing Jesus of being Beelzebub...

Happy Easter!
I am a Christian by the grace of God. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died and rose again on the third day. I believe that He is the only way to salvation. I believe that He paid the price of sin and that those who repent are children of God. What do you believe?
I am a wretched sinner. When I was put in an impossible situation as a consequence of my sin, I called on the Name of Jesus. He answered.
The church doesn't like the way it happened. I can't change what happened. I serve as I am allowed.

Please tell us in your own words what makes YOU a follower of Christ? What makes you a true Christian vs a nontrue Christian? How does one KNOW you or anyone is a Christian?

You sound like the Sanhedrin, accusing Jesus of being Beelzebub...

Happy Easter!
I am a Christian by the grace of God. I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died and rose again on the third day. I believe that He is the only way to salvation. I believe that He paid the price of sin and that those who repent are children of God. What do you believe?
I am a wretched sinner. When I was put in an impossible situation as a consequence of my sin, I called on the Name of Jesus. He answered.
The church doesn't like the way it happened. I can't change what happened. I serve as I am allowed.
AMEN!!!

no, I think many people do hate what RC'ism is, a false gospel, manmade traditions, unbiblical teachings etc.

1. What is the false Gospel?
2. What is the true Gospel?

the false Gospel is anything other than salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

The true gospel is the gospel that Jesus preached. Salvation in none other than Jesus Christ. His free gift of grace. Nothing added to it.

that's not how 1 cor 15:1-4 defines it.

a soul doesn't need purification; but you are assuming it does.

Do you believe your soul is pure this instant, totally untouched by sin?
You just don't get it. Jesus paid the price for sin. ALL SIN! There is nothing that man can do to make himself acceptable to God. The Bible says that our righteousness is like filthy rags. And since Jesus paid the price for our sins, why should we have to pay for them again in this mythical purgatory? That makes no freaking sense.

The belief in purgatory negates Christ's sacrifice on the cross. It's saying that Christ's atonement is not sufficient for salvation, and that we must endure suffering to make us acceptable before God. If that's the god you worship, you can have him. I want nothing to do with him.

Do you believe Baptism and repentance also negate Christ's sacrifice on the cross?

Acts 2:38 - Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Why be baptized? Why repent? Why be purified? If God doesn't accept us in a sinful state then we should turn our back on Him? Christ suffered for me, and for that reason alone I am more than willing to undergo a bit of suffering to enter into his presence pure. It is the least I can do.

The belief in purgatory negates Christ's sacrifice on the cross. It's saying that Christ's atonement is not sufficient for salvation, and that we must endure suffering to make us acceptable before God. If that's the god you worship, you can have him. I want nothing to do with him.

Do you believe Baptism and repentance also negate Christ's sacrifice on the cross?

Acts 2:38 - Peter said to them, "Repent and be baptized, everyone of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

Why be baptized? Why repent? Why be purified? If God doesn't accept us in a sinful state then we should turn our back on Him? Christ suffered for me, and for that reason alone I am more than willing to undergo a bit of suffering to enter into his presence pure. It is the least I can do.
Baptism is not required for salvation. You did know that. Right?

You just don't get it. Jesus paid the price for sin. ALL SIN! There is nothing that man can do to make himself acceptable to God. The Bible says that our righteousness is like filthy rags. And since Jesus paid the price for our sins, why should we have to pay for them again in this mythical purgatory? That makes no freaking sense.

I am unclear why you believe purification is a punishment. Do you recall the story of the man who accepted the invitation to the wedding but refused to put on wedding clothes? Being expected to be attired in wedding clothes is not a punishment. Likewise, purification is not a punishment.

Baptism is not required for salvation. You did know that. Right?

In Catholicism, Baptism is a sacrament, meaning it is the visible sign of the invisible reality. The invisible reality is what is "required." Most, however, wish to fulfill Christ's command, delivered by Peter, to be baptized. It is the outward sign or profession.

It's stupid to keep starting these threads saying the Catholic Church isn't' Christian. Why must you?

PRIDE.

I am unclear why you believe purification is a punishment. Do you recall the story of the man who accepted the invitation to the wedding but refused to put on wedding clothes? Being expected to be attired in wedding clothes is not a punishment. Likewise, purification is not a punishment.

You are not interpreting the Parable correctly. God provides salvation for us- those who accept His free gift. Our wedding garment is the righteousness of Christ, and unless we have it, we will miss the wedding feast.

So what does one do in purgatory?

You are not interpreting the Parable correctly. God provides salvation for us- those who accept His free gift. Our wedding garment is the righteousness of Christ, and unless we have it, we will miss the wedding feast.

Christ also taught us that we must be perfect as his heavenly Father is perfect. We cannot be both sinful and righteous. I am not understanding why you have no wish to be purified. It's like a person arriving home after a long, dirty, dusty, sweaty journey and refusing a bath.

It's stupid to keep starting these threads saying the Catholic Church isn't' Christian. Why must you?
If you saw someone about to fall off a cliff, wouldn't you reach out a hand to save them? It's the same thing. I believe that Catholicism is a pagan faith. I believe that it's followers are going to Hell. So, how can I NOT speak out against it?

no it is pride thinking you can suffer to make yourself acceptable. You are proving your not trusting fully in Jesus' sacrifice for your sins.

Grin. I don't think I can suffer to make myself acceptable. What I said is that I am willing to undergo suffering (fire of the Holy Spirit) in order to be purified before entering the presence of God. It sounds to me like you wish to remain in your sins rather than suffer. I do not wish to remain in mine. That's humility--acknowledging my sins and that I need to be free from them. (In contrast to being free only from punishment, but remaining in my sins.)

If you saw someone about to fall off a cliff, wouldn't you reach out a hand to save them? It's the same thing. I believe that Catholicism is a pagan faith. I believe that it's followers are going to Hell. So, how can I NOT speak out against it?
You come off as a real big jerk saying crap like that.

no it is pride thinking you can suffer to make yourself acceptable. You are proving your not trusting fully in Jesus' sacrifice for your sins.

Grin. I don't think I can suffer to make myself acceptable. What I said is that I am willing to undergo suffering (fire of the Holy Spirit) in order to be purified before entering the presence of God. It sounds to me like you wish to remain in your sins rather than suffer. I do not wish to remain in mine. That's humility--acknowledging my sins and that I need to be free from them. (In contrast to being free only from punishment, but remaining in my sins.)
What you're really saying is that you can earn your way into Heaven by doing good works.

Forum List

Back