🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the Roman Catholic Church is NOT Christian!

The only thing that matters is what God's word says. Catholic teachings do not conform to what the Bible says. Nothing you say will ever change that. Take pergatory, for an example. Remember what Jesus said to the thief on the cross. He said that today you will be with Me in paradise. Which means he did not go to purgatory. How do you explain this?

Do you believe the thief entered heaven in an impure state?

Again we are faced with the time issue. What is an earthly day in heaven? We also have to consider that after the resurrection Jesus said he had not yet ascended to the Father. This has some scholars presenting the case for paradise not referencing heaven, but perhaps a waiting place (paradise also references a garden) before one enters heaven. Purgatory/Purification is said to take place before entering heaven. Is Paradise synonymous with heaven--or maybe not?
The thief asked Jesus to remember him when. HE ENTERED HIS KINGDOM. That can only refer to Heaven. Now. Show me some clarifying scripture that says a day is not a day, because you're really grasping at straws here.

Amazing how some "Christians" act just like Muslims with their nonsense of "my denomination of Christianity is right and yours is wrong invalidating you as a Christian".
Catholicism is the FIRST Christian denomination along with Eastern Orthodoxy.
Most of my fellow Christian brothers and sisters are totally ignorant of Christianity.
You are the one who is ignorant of what Catholicism is. It has its roots in the Babylonian religion. See this video to learn the truth. One should examine the evidence before condemning it as a lie. Don't you think?

One first has to have evidence to examine. You have offered nothing.

The thief asked Jesus to remember him when. HE ENTERED HIS KINGDOM. That can only refer to Heaven. Now. Show me some clarifying scripture that says a day is not a day, because you're really grasping at straws here.

I already presented it, but it is 2 Peter 3:8 if you are looking for the precise scripture. A day is like a thousand years; a thousand years like a day.

The only thing that matters is what God's word says. Catholic teachings do not conform to what the Bible says. Nothing you say will ever change that. Take pergatory, for an example. Remember what Jesus said to the thief on the cross. He said that today you will be with Me in paradise. Which means he did not go to purgatory. How do you explain this?

Do you believe the thief entered heaven in an impure state?

Again we are faced with the time issue. What is an earthly day in heaven? We also have to consider that after the resurrection Jesus said he had not yet ascended to the Father. This has some scholars presenting the case for paradise not referencing heaven, but perhaps a waiting place (paradise also references a garden) before one enters heaven. Purgatory/Purification is said to take place before entering heaven. Is Paradise synonymous with heaven--or maybe not?
Also, if there was a place such as purgatory, wouldn't one of Christ's apostles have mentioned it? They expounded on other important teachings, yet not one word about purgatory.

I believe that Jesus is the Son of God. I believe that He died and rose again on the third day. I believe that He is the only way to salvation.

Oh, so you're Catholic?
No. I'm not. Whatever gave you that idea?

Your description.
My description is based on the word of God. The Catholic faith is not.
If you think God talks to you then you are mentally ill.

if you think He doesn't speak to you, then you are spiritually Ill

no, no, its not us being purified- its our works being judged for our rewards.

So you enter heaven lacking purity? I am not speaking of judgment or rewards. I am speaking of humans being in an impure state (due to sin) in this life. When we die, are we purified of all the impurities of this life, or do we enter heaven in an impure state?

we have all the purity we need in Christ Jesus. You think we enter Heaven in our flesh?
Think she'll answer me about the thief on the cross, and how he went straight to Heaven?

maybe? lol

Amazing how some "Christians" act just like Muslims with their nonsense of "my denomination of Christianity is right and yours is wrong invalidating you as a Christian".
Catholicism is the FIRST Christian denomination along with Eastern Orthodoxy.
Most of my fellow Christian brothers and sisters are totally ignorant of Christianity.
You are the one who is ignorant of what Catholicism is. It has its roots in the Babylonian religion. See this video to learn the truth. One should examine the evidence before condemning it as a lie. Don't you think?

One first has to have evidence to examine. You have offered nothing.

Translation: your evidence made me look like a fool, so I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist. Ell oh ell.

we have all the purity we need in Christ Jesus. You think we enter Heaven in our flesh?

"All the purity we need"? One is either pure or not. There is no in between, just like one is either pregnant or not. Jesus taught that sin comes from the heart and is acted upon by the flesh. Do you believe we have pure hearts right now? Do you believe we need to have pure hearts before entering heaven?

so you do think we enter Heaven in our eathly tent? (our fleshly body?)

Also, if there was a place such as purgatory, wouldn't one of Christ's apostles mentioned it? They expounded on other important teachings, yet not one word about purgatory.

Christ mentioned it; Paul mentioned it; and no one questioned its truth until the 1500s when some decided it didn't exist. I already gave the scripture passages to these mentions in an earlier post. Remember, like "Trinity" you will not find the word "Purgatory". Look for the synonyms, "Purified" or "Purification." Purgatory is the purification process.

so you do think we enter Heaven in our eathly tent? (our fleshly body?)

Of course not. However from birth to death sin effects both body and soul. Do you believe a soul enters heaven without being purified?

I already presented it, but it is 2 Peter 3:8 if you are looking for the precise scripture. A day is like a thousand years; a thousand years like a day.
A rational interpretation of that verse would be that God is eternal and time has no meaning to Him. In fact, God exists outside of time and space. He created them, after all.

how can a soul be purified?

In scripture the analogy is with fire, which I find interesting because Acts uses that analogy with the descent of the Holy Spirit. Is the question, How can a soul be purified? Or, is the better question, How can a soul not purified enter into the presence of God?

A rational interpretation of that verse would be that God is eternal and time has no meaning to Him. In fact, God exists outside of time and space. He created them, after all.

Yes. In other words, the measuring of time (or perhaps even having time) relates to earth, not to heaven.

In scripture the analogy is with fire, which I find interesting because Acts uses that analogy with the descent of the Holy Spirit. Is the question, How can a soul be purified? Or, is the better question, How can a soul not purified enter into the presence of God?
a soul doesn't need purification; but you are assuming it does.

The belief in purgatory negates Christ's sacrifice on the cross. It's saying that Christ's atonement is not sufficient for salvation, and that we must endure suffering to make us acceptable before God. If that's the god you worship, you can have him. I want nothing to do with him.

Yes. In other words, the measuring of time (or perhaps even having time) relates to earth, not to heaven.
And Jesus told the thief that he would be with Him that very same day. He told it to a man who exists in a temporal universe, with a 24 hour day.

Forum List

Back