🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the Roman Catholic Church is NOT Christian!

I'm asking someone, anyone, to refute something that was actually stated in the article. Why can't anyone do that? All I get is people saying it's BS. Select one thing the article says and tell me why you think it's wrong. How hard is that?

I've already said if you present HERE one of these premises at a time, one that most concerns you, I will be happy to discuss it here with you without using links.
The catholics claim that the pope is infallible. Well? Is he?

The catholics claim that the pope is infallible. Well? Is he?

In two thousand years of Church history, there have been three times a Pope as spoken "infallibly." These rulings come after a thorough investigation and study of the issue (which begins at the grassroots level) and works its way up through the Vatican. It is over issues of some Catholics believe/teach this versus some Catholics believe/teach that. At least one of these studies lasted over a hundred years. If memory serves, the pope who made the final decision in each of these cases, was not the man who was pope when the Church study/investigation began.

When a study/investigation produces a study that is more or less evenly split, it is the Pope who casts the final, deciding--official/infallible--vote for the Church. All this means that a new Pope cannot turn around and reverse the decision of a former Pope. It is final/infallible--trustworthy.

Catholics (or hopefully most) understand that an infallible ruling comes after years of great controversy within the Church--and after a prayerful study that involves everyone from parishioners, priests, bishops, cardinals, and finally Pope. Throughout this process everyone seeks the guidance of the Holy Spirit, and we believe the Holy Spirit guides the process. That is also why the final ruling is considered infallible.

Non-Catholics often have problems distinguishing between an infallible final decision--and an infallible person. There is no such thing as an infallible person. There are such things as final (infallible/trustworthy) rulings.

Good grief, there sure seems to be a lot of anti-Catholic threads floating around this site. Why is that? The Catholic Church is very much a Christian church.

No one, yourself included, has tried to refute anything mentioned in the article. Why is that. The article listed what Catholicism teaches and how it contradicts what the Bible teaches. Can no one refute it? Will anyone even try?

The Apostolic Fathers Teach: Polycarp and Irenaeus:

[Q UOTE="foggedinn, post: 11158882, member: 12571"]
Perhaps because the article is a flame throwing bomb as opposed to the opening of a rational, reasoned discussion.
Then you should have no problem refuting it. Would you care to try? You would be the first.
I'm afraid of links. Too much malware
I have avoided both yours and meri's[/QUOTE]
just so you know there is some very good software you can get for free that protects you from that sort of thing.I recommend Advanced System Care. you can get it for free, and if you like it, get the paid version for a very reasonable price. it also does a lot of cool stuff, such as defragging your hard drive, checking for viruses and a whole lotta other stuff. I highly recommend it

Forum List

Back