🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

the Roman Catholic Church is NOT Christian!

The Roman Catholic Church is the basis for today's Christian religion, it was the dominant influence for a thousand years and even the Bible used in the USA is from the era of it's influence...So if they are not a real Christian religion then none of the splinter groups are either since all info comes from the Vatican on the life and words of Christ...So no Christians have the right to claim supreme knowledge and piety...Not even the made up Mormons of late..
Christianity , and the Bible existed before the Catholic church. The a catholic church did NOT give us the Bible.

The Roman Catholic Church is the basis for today's Christian religion, it was the dominant influence for a thousand years and even the Bible used in the USA is from the era of it's influence...So if they are not a real Christian religion then none of the splinter groups are either since all info comes from the Vatican on the life and words of Christ...So no Christians have the right to claim supreme knowledge and piety...Not even the made up Mormons of late..
Christianity , and the Bible existed before the Catholic church. The a catholic church did NOT give us the Bible.
Sure it did.....They were the ones that decided what books would be in the Bible...

Sure it did.....They were the ones that decided what books would be in the Bible...
The books of the Bible were decided on in the first century, and we're accepted by the majority of Christians before the Catholic church even existed.

It's telling, but not surprising, the intolerance and hate many Christians have for their fellow Christians, such as Catholics – it's therefore easy to see how many Christians can hate Muslims, or gay Americans, or those free form faith.

If Christians are incapable of benevolence toward fellow Christians, it's foolish to expect Christians to show benevolence toward others, in clear conflict with Christian dogma; most Christians are indeed poor ambassadors of their faith.
I've never seen any Christians on here say that they hate catholics. I know I never said it. The reason I started this thread was to try to save people from a false religion. Wouldn't you consider it an act of love to try to save others from hell? Most people would.
No one is damned for belonging to a religion that Mr.Right does not like.

This may upset, MRO, but you are wrong.
I've presented evidence. Where is yours? I can show you ten things that the Catholic Church teaches that are the exact opposite of what the Bible teaches. The Catholic Church is the whore of Babylon.
You haven't presented evidence, you've presented a poorly designed opinion website that makes a number of assumptions and presents the authors bias against Catholics. You happen to agree with the opinion and therefore claim it to be evidence.

I'm not even sure what denomination the author of that web page is. One would think that if they had the facts about Catholics, they'd be willing to present those facts as who they are.

You do realize that the Roman Catholic Church is the church that was based upon one of the apostles of Jesus, right?

Granted, that church, like many churches and denominations, have too often strayed into power gathering rather than tending to the souls of their congregations, but that's a human issue, not a church issue.
You cant be serious. The article made several comments about what Catholicism teaches and how it is directly opposed to Scripture. That's why none of you cowards will try to refute any of it. You can't!
Mr.Right's opinion of what is appropriate scriptural interpretation is meaningless.

Last edited:
They made comments.

You do understand that a comment is NOT a factual statement without serious proof? Pointing to a disagreement on how the church should administer scriptures is NOT proof, but a difference of opinion.

Tell Me something. If I were to provide proof that your website is wrong, would you believe any of it?
Knock yourself out. That's what I've been trying to get someone to do since yesterday. By all means, try to refute what it says.
You didn't answer My question. Will you change your mind if I do?
I'll look at your evidence. If it's Biblical and it's convincing, I'll consider it.
Then why waste My time? I already know you'll reject it because you have over three pages of emotional investment just in this thread alone. And I don't have the time to do research on your issue when I've got My own life to tend to.

And believe it or not, I am not a coward. Just to smart to allow you to waste My time any more than I've already provided to you. Have a good morning.
So now you're calling me liar. I said I would give what you have to say an honest hearing. If you can't even take my word for that, then YOU are the one who has a problem. not me.
You have borne false witness, yes.

You cant be serious. The article made several comments about what Catholicism teaches and how it is directly opposed to Scripture. That's why none of you cowards will try to refute any of it. You can't!

What if you found a web page that said, "To score a touchdown, throw the ball into the water, and then toss a basket on it." There is so much misinformation in that "fact" it takes a lot of work to tear down that presumption--especially when there are people working to insure the wrong presumption stands.

What is cowardly is believing the lie so one does not have to face the truth. As I said previously, if you want to present one thought of your own and we can delve for the truth, I am all for it. But I am not going to play football until you are willing to look at an authorized rule book.

I have a Bible, and I know how to use it. Catholicism does not conform to Scripture. That's a fact.

I have a cookbook. I know how to use it. Basic errors, such as leaving out an ingredient or getting something else wrong, is not going to produce anything worth consuming. You are starting with wrong information about Catholic teaching and you are leaving out some key concepts. The result is a mess.

Last edited:
Oh, so you're Catholic?
No. I'm not. Whatever gave you that idea?

Your description.
My description is based on the word of God. The Catholic faith is not.
If you think God talks to you then you are mentally ill.
The Bible states that every Christian receives the Holy Spirit, who aids us in the understanding of Scripture, among other things. So yeah. He talks to me.
That's just loony. No, God does not talk to you.

Amazing how some "Christians" act just like Muslims with their nonsense of "my denomination of Christianity is right and yours is wrong invalidating you as a Christian".
Catholicism is the FIRST Christian denomination along with Eastern Orthodoxy.
Most of my fellow Christian brothers and sisters are totally ignorant of Christianity.

Why don't you stay on topic, and quit deflecting? I provided evidence that the Catholic faith is in direct opposition to what the Bible teaches. Why don't you try to refute it?

Let them try to refute this! This is historical fact and the information on this video can be found in the classic Book - Two Babylons by Alexander Hislop and also the book - Babylon Religion - How a Babylonian goddess became the Virgin Mary - by David W. Daniels.

Last edited:
Amazing how some "Christians" act just like Muslims with their nonsense of "my denomination of Christianity is right and yours is wrong invalidating you as a Christian".
Most of my fellow Christian brothers and sisters are totally ignorant of Christianity.
You are the one who is ignorant of what Catholicism is. It has its roots in the Babylonian religion. See this video to learn the truth. One should examine the evidence before condemning it as a lie. Don't you think?

It's telling, but not surprising, the intolerance and hate many Christians have for their fellow Christians, such as Catholics – it's therefore easy to see how many Christians can hate Muslims, or gay Americans, or those free form faith.

If Christians are incapable of benevolence toward fellow Christians, it's foolish to expect Christians to show benevolence toward others, in clear conflict with Christian dogma; most Christians are indeed poor ambassadors of their faith.
I've never seen any Christians on here say that they hate catholics. I know I never said it. The reason I started this thread was to try to save people from a false religion. Wouldn't you consider it an act of love to try to save others from hell? Most people would.
Nonsense.
Hate manifests in many different ways than just using the word hate.

You are the one who is ignorant of what Catholicism is. It has its roots in the Babylonian religion. See this video to learn the truth. One should examine the evidence before condemning it as a lie. Don't you think?

Jack Chick and David W. Daniels are false teachers leading untold numbers to eternal torment

no, I think many people do hate what RC'ism is, a false gospel, manmade traditions, unbiblical teachings etc.

1. What is the false Gospel?
2. What is the true Gospel?

the false Gospel is anything other than salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

The true gospel is the gospel that Jesus preached. Salvation in none other than Jesus Christ. His free gift of grace. Nothing added to it.

the false Gospel is anything other than salvation through faith in Jesus Christ.

The true gospel is the gospel that Jesus preached. Salvation in none other than Jesus Christ. His free gift of grace. Nothing added to it.

Then the follow-up question is your perception of who Catholics believe salvation is through? i.e., "Catholics believe salvation is through ____________."

Last edited:

Forum List

Back