The Ruin of England.

Domestic terrorism in the United States - Wikipedia

Yes good article but we have to admit we have always had terrorism of some sort. Also they say bombing of children , well if they are old enough to go to a pop concert they are not children. I did read an 8 year old died who was there with her Mom, now she is a child. Teens are not children and we have to quit treating them like they are.

So they're fair targets for nail bombers...gotcha. So all high schools are legitimate targets! Gotcha.

Penny; have you really thought this through?

Greg

Everyone is a target for terrorists, no matter who they are.

Sewing division is what Mr Steyn is all about.He quotes 10 year old surveys that show the overwhelming majority of British Muslims reject extremists and believes that this proves his rather obscure point.
And it was Joy Division not Sow Division.

Might have known you'd show up. In fact I was fully expecting it. With that genetically programmed response.

From your post, you display a wilful ignorance of what Steyn is saying.

Actually you fit the profile of group thinking very well.
What is he saying then ?
Read it.
Ive read it twice and its the same dreary repetitive stuff he used to spout in the Telegraph 30 years ago.

He is pointing out that people have reacted to the tragedy by using similar phrases........................and ?

Is there a deeper message here ?

So you read him in the Telegraph 30 years ago? Big deal.

I'd say you're the epitome of dreary repetitive stuff,your brand of 'journalism' hardly setting the world on fire.

I had to look him up, I see he likes Hannity and Rush, same old stuff.

I suppose the IRA groups were freedom fighters, not terrorists groups.

Well; what were they?

Greg

Same thing. Terrorists.1996 Manchester bombing - Wikipedia

just because they are white and Christian, it does not give them a pass.

WARNING is ---NOT THE SAME THING----- except in the mind of a fascist islamo Nazi sow.
no deaths is NOT THE SAME THING--- except in the mind of a fascist islamo Nazi sow

Well; what were they?

Greg

Why would they have been given a "Pass"? The Brits hunted them down!!

Greg

so true-----the IRA people were treated like TERRORISTS-----they were not lauded as HEROES

Well; what were they?

Greg

Greg

so true-----the IRA people were treated like TERRORISTS-----they were not lauded as HEROES

Rosie; not many people want to see a United Ireland more than me but the IRA did NOT do the Cause any good at all. Apart from the sheer immorality of killing innocent ANYBODIES and their condemnation for doing same it was actually counter-productive. The IRA were murderers; end of story.

And that does NOT EXCUSE Sunday Bloody Sunday and the murders of opponents by the RUC, British Army and sundry scum either.

Greg

Well; what were they?

Greg

Greg

A pass for being known as "freedom fighters" is what I meant. Terror is terror.

Well; what were they?

Greg

Greg

Rosie; not many people want to see a United Ireland more than me but the IRA did NOT do the Cause any good at all. Apart from the sheer immorality of killing innocent ANYBODIES and their condemnation for doing same it was actually counter-productive. The IRA were murderers; end of story.

And that does NOT EXCUSE Sunday Bloody Sunday and the murders of opponents by the RUC, British Army and sundry scum either.

Greg

Have you heard about today's Kabul atrocity? Manchester pales in comparison.

High security areas don't seem to be able to stop them.

Well; what were they?

Greg

Greg

Greg

Yes; heard it on the news. Oz is sending more "advisers" though again it will fall on the US. As the enemies become more desperate they will attempt more.

Greg

Well; what were they?

Greg

Greg

Greg

Also on the news; ISIS in the Philippines recruiting child soldiers; mostly orphans. Disgusting vermin!!

Greg

Well; what were they?

Greg

Greg

I am NOT a supporter of IRA acts of terrorism------HOWEVER there are acts of terrorism and acts of
terrorism as to DEGREE OF DEPRAVITY. The IRA does not come close to the depravity of
the "HOLY SHAHIDS"------and----the muslims in general over the past 1400 years
Greg

nbz.jpg

The New Mancunians

2038.jpg

Beats a little stick of Blackpool Rock: Young Salman on the beach, in Libya

Ten days after the Manchester terror attack, some of the wounded are only just coming round - and being informed that their children are among the dead. This weekend there will be an all-star pop concert, about which the victims' families are said to be somewhat divided (dread word). But in the wider world, notwithstanding the deliberate targeting of young girls, those who adopted hashtags and re-cast their avatars for Nice and Brussels and Paris are already moving on. It's hard to be shocked by the routine. One becomes habituated to the habitual. I see the Eiffel Tower, which dims its lights for the victims of terror attacks, was dark for the third time this week. You get the feeling someone somewhere deep in the Paris bureaucracy wishes they could quietly amend the policy and restrict it to three-figure body counts.

One senses, too, that in the western world's new security state subtle, darker calibrations are being made. According to Andy Burnham, the Mayor of Greater Manchester, "This man [the perpetrator] was a terrorist, not a Muslim." For the British security state, it's about keeping the problem manageable: There are too many Muslims, but there are fewer terrorists. Even then, there are too many to keep an eye on. Shortly before the bombing, Salman Abedi returned from the jihad-riddled failed state of Libya to his "home" town of Manchester via the immigration officers of three Nato members - Turkey, Germany, and finally the United Kingdom. He sailed through all of them, unimpeded. In January, the FBI fingered him to MI5. The spooks did nothing. France's Interior Minister said that, according to his intelligence services, Mr Abedi had been in Syria. But a lot of Brits fall into that category, don't they? The Didsbury Mosque reported him to the Government's "Prevent" program for tackling "extremism". The chaps at "Prevent" declined to prevent him. Four acquaintances of Mr Abedi alerted the authorities. It could have been 40, or 400.

The haystack is full of needles, and the state has to prioritize. Despite the FBI tip, and the concerns of his mosque, and the frequent trips to Club Jihad paid for by British taxpayers out of his government student loans, Salman Abedi could not catch the authorities' eye. One suspects there will be rather more of this in the years ahead. The preferred euphemism of British politicians for the likes of Mr Abedi is "extremist". But there are an awful lot of moderate extremists out there, so you'll have to be a really extreme extremist to jostle your way through.

The New Mancunians

Forum List

Back