The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

If someone changed their religious views because of what they heard from a comedian, they had very little, if any, actual faith. Or they were morons.
Exactly my point. Weak stupid people are influenced by Carlin to go "Hey, he's right. Atheism is the answer."

Exactly my point. Weak stupid people are influenced by Carlin to go "Hey, he's right. Atheism is the answer."

Then Carlin didn't do much. Their faith was weak enough to be changed by almost anything. Don't blame Carlin. Blame the person who made life choices based on a comedy routine.

Then Carlin didn't do much. Their faith was weak enough to be changed by almost anything. Don't blame Carlin. Blame the person who made life choices based on a comedy routine.
Guys like Carlin are enough to push weak stupid unstable people over the edge.

We can't all be religious extremists.
I suppose a Christian extremist would be one who loves and treats people very very well like Jesus did. That would be a good thing, right?
But atheist extremists have proven to be very bad people.

Guys like Carlin are enough to push weak stupid unstable people over the edge.
Are you trying to assert that people of faith are insecure enough in their faith that a comedy routine can get them to abandon it? Is that why you want a Catholic theocracy in the US, because you are afraid that someone has a better way of living and you are threatened by it?

I suppose a Christian extremist would be one who loves and treats people very very well like Jesus did. That would be a good thing, right?
I'm agnostic, I see no proof for or against a god but leave the door open if anyone shows up with real proof either way. Can't be any fairer than that.
jeez.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you trying to assert that people of faith are insecure enough in their faith that a comedy routine can get them to abandon it? Is that why you want a Catholic theocracy in the US, because you are afraid that someone has a better way of living and you are threatened by it?
No, I'm saying weak people who were not raised well could be vulnerable to Carlin's message which could lead to their demise. As for a Catholic government, how can there be a better way to live than for a government to adhere to the perfect teachings of Jesus. Don't you think all governments and people should strive for perfection?

No, I'm saying weak people who were not raised well could be vulnerable to Carlin's message which could lead to their demise. As for a Catholic government, how can there be a better way to live than for a government to adhere to the perfect teachings of Jesus. Don't you think all governments and people should strive for perfection?
Governments should be secular. I'm not Catholic, I don't want to live by your rules.

Governments should be secular. I'm not Catholic, I don't want to live by your rules.
You've already admitted you're fine living under atheist rules. You won't be fine with it when they fully take over.

God's existence has already been proven logically. Atheism has never been proven in any way.
Logic isn't real proof, that's why they call it faith, because you have to believe without any empirical proof.

Logic isn't real proof, that's why they call it faith, because you have to believe without any empirical proof.
Logical proof is the most valid proof. That's the basis of all mathematics. Lefties typically aren't students of math, from my experience.

Yeah, making people laugh for 50+ years is so horrible.

Forum List

Back