The South Ain't Gonna Do It No More!

Right to work shit is killing workers here in the south...wish unions were more prominent here.

Well....right to work is why places like South Carolina have landed Boeing, Volvo, Mercedez, BMW, Amazon, Google, etc.

Rest of country can mock us. But...in 10-15 years they'll either be bankrupt...or moving here to find work.
Yeah because they don't have to pay decent wages and don't have to worry about unionization to threaten their right to pay horrible wages and worse benefits than those in union states can fight for.Capitalism for ya.
Right to work shit is killing workers here in the south...wish unions were more prominent here.
So you don't believe in the right to work. Strange.
You know what I mean.

Texas is a right to work state and I did just fine.
What could be better for the hard working among us? The best get payed the best while the rest get what they deserve.
I am sure its doing grand. According to the woman that interviewed my wife today Georgia is the WORST state for CNA/Medical field in the south right now. For a job that requires hours upon hours of classroom work,then being on the floor for a month THEN passing a state administered test and ONLY getting 9$ WITH experience is fucking pathetic and criminal.

A pack of smokes in Georgia $6.40
A pack of smokes in New York $13.00
And if you go somewhere like Houston the pay is on par with the rest of the country and the cost of living is WAY lower as are the taxes.
I don't smoke so I don't really care. I can remember when smokes were 99 cents a pack for really cheap ones EVERYWHERE so they have gone on up across the nation.

So what. I remember when they were 35 cents,but that has nothing to do with the cost of living.
Fact of the matter is Houston is on par with the rest of the nation regarding pay but the cost of living is half what it is in New York.
I bought a custom home here in a gated master planned community on the golf course for less than 400k. You couldnt touch it in yankee land for less than 2 million.
But hey you just keep on believing....because we dont want you here anyway.
I was bred,born and raised in the south and live here now. I have NEVER considered moving to Texas and only way I would is if Texas seceded. Fact remains companies MOVE to these states because they can control what people are paid without unions aka workers uniting together for better pay,safety,hours butting in. I wouldn't want to live anywhere BUT the south.I love the south but fact remains wages are shitty and that isn't just from first hand experience its from the people hiring people as well.
Yeah because they don't have to pay decent wages and don't have to worry about unionization to threaten their right to pay horrible wages and worse benefits than those in union states can fight for.Capitalism for ya.

If it's so awful why is everyone moving there?
EVERYONE is moving to Texas? Could have fooled me. I already said WHY....
Well....one thing is certain. The South is America's future. All the jobs are moving here. Miserable out of towners are dying to move here. We have better weather. Food. Women. And sports.

Fuck em haha. Our lifestyle is so much better here. They can burn that flag for all we care.

If they were, the jobs wouldn't have been moving there in the first place.
Exactly. No workers uniting together for livable wages,better working conditions,more humane working hours= more money company makes off backs of hard workers who don't get fair share. It makes sense why the companies move there.

Well....right to work is why places like South Carolina have landed Boeing, Volvo, Mercedez, BMW, Amazon, Google, etc.

Rest of country can mock us. But...in 10-15 years they'll either be bankrupt...or moving here to find work.
So you don't believe in the right to work. Strange.
You know what I mean.
Texas is a right to work state and I did just fine.
What could be better for the hard working among us? The best get payed the best while the rest get what they deserve.
I am sure its doing grand. According to the woman that interviewed my wife today Georgia is the WORST state for CNA/Medical field in the south right now. For a job that requires hours upon hours of classroom work,then being on the floor for a month THEN passing a state administered test and ONLY getting 9$ WITH experience is fucking pathetic and criminal.

And if you go somewhere like Houston the pay is on par with the rest of the country and the cost of living is WAY lower as are the taxes.
I don't smoke so I don't really care. I can remember when smokes were 99 cents a pack for really cheap ones EVERYWHERE so they have gone on up across the nation.

So what. I remember when they were 35 cents,but that has nothing to do with the cost of living.
Fact of the matter is Houston is on par with the rest of the nation regarding pay but the cost of living is half what it is in New York.
I bought a custom home here in a gated master planned community on the golf course for less than 400k. You couldnt touch it in yankee land for less than 2 million.
I was bred,born and raised in the south and live here now. I have NEVER considered moving to Texas and only way I would is if Texas seceded. Fact remains companies MOVE to these states because they can control what people are paid without unions aka workers uniting together for better pay,safety,hours butting in. I wouldn't want to live anywhere BUT the south.I love the south but fact remains wages are shitty and that isn't just from first hand experience its from the people hiring people as well.

Well....one thing is certain. The South is America's future. All the jobs are moving here. Miserable out of towners are dying to move here. We have better weather. Food. Women. And sports.

Fuck em haha. Our lifestyle is so much better here. They can burn that flag for all we care.

Exactly. No workers uniting together for livable wages,better working conditions,more humane working hours= more money company makes off backs of hard workers who don't get fair share. It makes sense why the companies move there.

I never had a problem making money in Houston.
In fact I retired at 46.
And yes yankees move here in droves,you cant swing a dead cat without hitting a dozen of em.
Oh yeah...fuck unions,nothing worse than seeing some lazy asshole getting a raise just because another bunch of lazy assholes held a company hostage.

EVERYONE is moving to Texas?

Everyone is moving from the northern states to the southern states. That's a fact and it's been happening for 30 years.

Could have fooled me. I already said WHY....

They're moving there to make horrible wages and worse benefits? Sure, what ever, dumb ass.

You know what I mean.

In fact I retired at 46.
And yes yankees move here in droves,you cant swing a dead cat without hitting a dozen of em.
Oh yeah...fuck unions,nothing worse than seeing some lazy asshole getting a raise just because another bunch of lazy assholes held a company hostage.
Better to hold a company that makes billions hostage than it is to hold a person hostage by not paying enough. If they were hired then they MUST have had some thing the company wanted no? Can't get hired just because...the rules need tweaked yes but Unions are invaluable to make sure workers aren't shit on as is the case here in Georgia.

Everyone is moving from the northern states to the southern states. That's a fact and it's been happening for 30 years.

They're moving there to make horrible wages and worse benefits? Sure, what ever, dumb ass.
How the fuck do I know why people are moving to the south I wish I knew so I could stop them. I don't want yankees here...can't fucking drive and I hate their accent and hatred for southern culture. Its a simple fact wages are lower in the south for run of the mill workers. Wife made 13$ an hour in NC why I don't know its not a union state but Ga is MUCH worse.Va by the looks of looking at employment ads is MUCH better than both...

In fact I retired at 46.
Better to hold a company that makes billions hostage than it is to hold a person hostage by not paying enough. If they were hired then they MUST have had some thing the company wanted no? Can't get hired just because...the rules need tweaked yes but Unions are invaluable to make sure workers aren't shit on as is the case here in Georgia.

How the fuck do I know why people are moving to the south I wish I knew so I could stop them. I don't want yankees here...can't fucking drive and I hate their accent and hatred for southern culture. Its a simple fact wages are lower in the south for run of the mill workers. Wife made 13$ an hour in NC why I don't know its not a union state but Ga is MUCH worse.Va by the looks of looking at employment ads is MUCH better than both...

So why do you live there? Sounds to me like you should move if it sucks so bad.

In fact I retired at 46.

Born here,family is here moving farther north but staying in south next summer. Just because workers rights suck here doesn't mean you run away means you fight back and vote for politicians that will change things for the better for workers.

In fact I retired at 46.

Born here,family is here moving farther north but staying in south next summer. Just because workers rights suck here doesn't mean you run away means you fight back and vote for politicians that will change things for the better for workers.

And then the South turns into the North.
No thanks..i'd rather continue to pay the less able what they're worth and keep things as they are.

Last edited:
Poor Bill Clinton. He signed the law and raised the flag, now it has to come down.

In fact I retired at 46.

No thanks..i'd rather continue to pay the less able what they're worth and keep things as they are.
They aren't less able they are just taken advantage of by asshole capitalists who want cheap labor and don't want ANYONE getting in the way of that. Sorry you can move to some 3rd world country if you want to be a rich dickhead with poor serfs living around you. We are advancing forward with economic justice south will have to catch up with the rest of the civilized world.EVERY worker is WORTH a living wage. PERIOD.

In fact I retired at 46.

They aren't less able they are just taken advantage of by asshole capitalists who want cheap labor and don't want ANYONE getting in the way of that. Sorry you can move to some 3rd world country if you want to be a rich dickhead with poor serfs living around you. We are advancing forward with economic justice south will have to catch up with the rest of the civilized world.EVERY worker is WORTH a living wage. PERIOD.

Of course there are those who are less skilled.
To say otherwise is insane.

Forum List

Back