The Tax Case Against Donald Trump

Not when the services weren't actually rendered and the intent is to deceive and to avoid taxes. Which is what Weisselberg is charged with doing. It helps that they kept that second, internal set of books. Those criminals sure don't trust each other very much, eh? Whoops.
Weisselberg took part of his salary as salary, and part as perks which he didn't declare as income.

They think it minor, but Weisselberg made more from tax evasion, than most people earn in a year.

It doesn't make sense. Trump was so wealthy he didn't even take a salary as president. Why would he need to pay his daughter off the books? When you see words like allegedly and "similar strategy" you get the feeling that the left is still on a fishing expedition. Hunter Biden's no show job on a Chinese energy board would be far more interesting.
Trump did it because he's had larceny running thru his veins since the day he was born. It's in his DNA. Trump didn't drink or do drugs. He got his jollies pulling tax scams & screwing people like he did with Trump U.

If the recipient paid taxes, how were taxes avoided?
Todd. You are retreading ground covered in the thread. They used it for Trump Org to avoid taxes and to use the self employment tax shelters. For services never rendered, in an attempt to deceive and avoid taxes.

Go read the indictment.

Todd. You are retreading ground covered in the thread. They used it for Trump Org to avoid taxes and to use the self employment tax shelters. For services never rendered, in an attempt to deceive and avoid taxes.

Go read the indictment.

They used it for Trump Org to avoid taxes

If Trump paid $1,000,000 to an employee or a consultant, they saved taxes on $1,000,000.
If the employee or consultant reports the income, they pay taxes on $1,000,000.

No taxes avoided in this scenario.

Go read the indictment.

Is Ivanka mentioned in the indictment?

The two oldest trump boys admitted guilt when they made the statement everyone dodges taxes and it's not a big deal.

It is a big deal. Especially to the amount they didn't pay.

It's disgusting to see people who have the money to pay taxes but go out of their way and commit crimes to not pay their share in taxes.

I hope all those involved are hit with HUGE fines and put in prison.

Everybody tries to avoid taxes. Criminal tax evasion is not the same thing. The difference between tax avoidance and tax evasion can amount to "upon conviction thereof, shall be fined not more than $100,000 ($500,000 in the case of a corporation), or imprisoned not more than 5 years, or both, together with the costs of prosecution." 26 U.S. Code § 7201. Attempt to evade or defeat tax
26 U.S. Code § 7201 - Attempt to evade or defeat tax

trump didn't incorporate so the trump organization isn't a corporation.

Not everyone tries to avoid taxes. I pay my share. I don't have a team of accountants who search for and use every loophole to not pay my share of taxes.

I know other people like me too. We love our nation.

If you love America you don't do what the trumps and so many other rich people do to avoid paying their share of taxes.
Loopholes are legal, I don’t blame people for utilizing them. What isn’t legal is lying about the value of property or falsifying records.
No creditor takes a debtor's word for the value of his property. That;s why we have assessors who can do that objectively and independently. If the IRS or a bank suspects records are false, he has an audit done of them. I was an auditor myself for 18 years.

The two oldest trump boys admitted guilt when they made the statement everyone dodges taxes and it's not a big deal.

It's disgusting to see people who have the money to pay taxes but go out of their way and commit crimes to not pay their share in taxes.

maybe if there werent so many people not paying any taxs, the rich that pay more than their fair share wouldnt try avoiding them when they can,,

its every americans responsibility to pay as little as possible,,, starve the beast and let it die,,
Which rich pay more than their fair share?
most of them,, more so sense half the population pay nothing in income tax and a portion of them get more than they paid in,,

anymore stupid questions you would like to ask me??
Unfortunately, it looks like even ”stupid questions” stump you.

Either that or you a liar.

meanwhile

So what is a fair share?
a fair share is when everyone pays the same,,,

right not the minority pay the majority of taxs,,
The same amount or the same proportion?

How is “fair” when the impact is much harsher on the low wage worker than the wealthy?
The IRS code is very complex. Rich people hire CPAs and lawyers to find legal ways to reduce their tax bill, but those tax breaks are not available to everyone. Just looking at a person's gross income does not tell the whole story. Trump paid no income taxes some years, but he did it legally. I would guess that in those tax years, he had big deductions for depreciation on assets or losses from prior years carried forward. If you have a big loss one year, the IRS allows you to deduct part of that loss in the next year.

maybe if there werent so many people not paying any taxs, the rich that pay more than their fair share wouldnt try avoiding them when they can,,

its every americans responsibility to pay as little as possible,,, starve the beast and let it die,,
Which rich pay more than their fair share?
most of them,, more so sense half the population pay nothing in income tax and a portion of them get more than they paid in,,

anymore stupid questions you would like to ask me??
Unfortunately, it looks like even ”stupid questions” stump you.

Either that or you a liar.

meanwhile

So what is a fair share?
a fair share is when everyone pays the same,,,

right not the minority pay the majority of taxs,,
The same amount or the same proportion?

How is “fair” when the impact is much harsher on the low wage worker than the wealthy?
choose one, both are off balance and not fair,,,

you mean the low wage worker that pays nothing in income taxs???
Either way would disproportionately affect the low wage worker. The amount for a wealthy person, would come out of discretionary spending. The same amount for a poor person, would come out of necessities: food, utilities, housing.

I assume we are arguing a progressive tax rate vs a flat tax rate?
the low wage worker doesnt pay anything, so how does it effect him???
The minimum taxable individual income is 12,400...that is really low. Poverty level for a single person is 12,760. For a family, it is higher. That means there are a lot of low workers trying to support a family on very little and paying income tax.

How about all those rich people paying nothing?
The rich find tax shelters to allow them to pay little or no tax on their income. I am not rich and I have two tax shelters that reduce my tax bill. Those shelters are available to everyone, but you need a stockbroker or banker to advise you.

Go read the indictment.
What "self employment tax shelters?" When I work on a 1099, I usually pay more taxes, not less. I also have to pay for my health insurance.

Every time you post you only prove you don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

Claiming you can't do both.
Sure you can do both. What the article describes is illegal. These two statements can both be true.

What the article describes is illegal.

Those payments, totaling $747,622, 'exactly matched consulting fees claimed as tax deductions by the Trump Organization

The above claim in the article is not illegal.
Right, out of context, it isn't.

In the context she was a full time employee and executive at the properties that paid the consultancy fees, and they did so to an LLC owned by her, which then paid all the money to her, is fraud. They don't get to plead stupidity on that one.
She still had to pay taxes on the money, nimrod.

It doesn't make sense. Trump was so wealthy he didn't even take a salary as president. Why would he need to pay his daughter off the books? When you see words like allegedly and "similar strategy" you get the feeling that the left is still on a fishing expedition. Hunter Biden's no show job on a Chinese energy board would be far more interesting.
Trump did it because he's had larceny running thru his veins since the day he was born. It's in his DNA. Trump didn't drink or do drugs. He got his jollies pulling tax scams & screwing people like he did with Trump U.
EVIDENCE??????????????????????????????????

She still had to pay taxes on the money, nimrod.
In the case of the $747,622 in "consulting fees" they were actually a gift, because no consulting services were actually provided. And gifts, except for the first $25 are not deductible from a businesses taxes.

Forum List

Back