Zone1 The term "Personal relationship with Jesus" is not in the Bible

I have explained how it is scriptural. I have testified to the power and the validity of these prayers. In other words, not only have I examined it in the light of scripture, I have tried it in this life. It is a sound practice.

People who have the firm belief that they and/or their loved ones have no need of such prayers is different from those who claim they cannot see it in the Bible.
No, you haven't explained how it's scriptural. Give me two Scriptures.

Agree, paper isn't alive. However, the Word of God is alive when you read it or speak it.
It is only alive when it is acted upon. Not acting on "God is the God of the living" and "When two or more are gathered in my name", then because they are not acted upon, they wither into uselessness.

We see being played out with you and me. I acted upon them and saw/experienced the power. You have not and have seen/experienced nothing.

I'm not going to pray to the dead or for the dead. Nothing can be done for them.
That has not been my experience, nor the experience of a friend. We have seen/experienced what prayer can do for them. Following scripture is an amazing thing.

It is only alive when it is acted upon. Not acting on "God is the God of the living" and "When two or more are gathered in my name", then because they are not acted upon, they wither into uselessness.

We see being played out with you and me. I acted upon them and saw/experienced the power. You have not and have seen/experienced nothing.
You don't know what I've seen or experienced. It doesn't matter what you've seen or experienced. We're discussing a topic, not personal experience.

You have not given me any Scriptures that instruct Christians to pray for the dead.
This from someone who claims to know scripture, the scripture I have continually referenced.

At this point Matthew 13:14 comes to mind: 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."

Personal revelation is the only thing that counts. All else is simply hearsay.
To a certain extent I agree. However, disregarding the testimony of those who have had revelation can result in missing something that would be helpful in one's own life.

This from someone who claims to know scripture, the scripture I have continually referenced.

At this point Matthew 13:14 comes to mind: 'You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving."
Nope. Nothing there about prayer for the dead. It's a quote from Isaiah. Nothing to do with prayer.

Please give me two Scriptures that instructs Christians to pray for the dead.
Already done. At least three times. Where there is no interest in seeing or perceiving, another time will not move us forward.

Semantics.
Actually it’s not. The distinction is important. Praying for the dead and asking saints to pray for us is quite common and in no way praying to the dead or praying to the saints. Your anti-catholic bias is preventing you from seeing reality.

God is spirit and we are called to worship God in spirit and truth. Your failure to see reality is preventing you from worshipping God in spirit and truth as reality is truth.

Forum List

Back