The Texas Democratic Convention

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
I have a difficult time understanding how anyone can take this clown show seriously. The fact that a major political party would invite a man portraying a ridiculous caricature of a woman who gets up on stage and pleas for indulging in the mental illness of children and the parents who coerce them is not a serious organization. South Park was doing parodies on stuff like this 20 years ago and now it's real life.

I have a difficult time understanding how anyone can take this clown show seriously. The fact that a major political party would invite a man portraying a ridiculous caricature of a woman who gets up on stage and pleas for indulging in the mental illness of children and the parents who coerce them is not a serious organization. South Park was doing parodies on stuff like this 20 years ago and now it's real life.

I don't know how this can possibly be, but it appears the Dems don't understand how many people are annoyed by all this stuff.

They don't have to agree that people SHOULD be annoyed, but for some reason they don't care that people ARE annoyed.

Even worse, the mentally ill scum are sent by the Communists into grade schools to schmooze with impressionable Children.

You all vote FOR it….then post complaints about what yourselves support? WTH?
Or endlessly screech ORANGE MAN BAD!, then bellyache about what they got instead....The classic moving-away mindset.

They're like the old woman in the one-room cabin terrified of the mouse, shrieking and pointing at in horror backing away from it so mindlessly, that she backs up into the hot stove in the corner and burns her butt....Then it's the stove's fault.

Last edited:
1717945817054.png

I don't know how this can possibly be, but it appears the Dems don't understand how many people are annoyed by all this stuff.

They don't have to agree that people SHOULD be annoyed, but for some reason they don't care that people ARE annoyed.

- a platform that called for new laws to require the Bible to be taught in public schools

-a constitutional amendment that would require statewide elected leaders to win the popular vote in a majority of Texas counties.

-proclamations that “abortion is not healthcare it is homicide”

-gender-transition treatment for children is “child abuse”

-reverse recent name changes to military bases and “publicly honor the southern heroes”

-demands that the U.S. government disclose “all pertinent information and knowledge” of UFOs.

It doesn't seem that Republicans are aware that this crap annoys people, or they don't care that people are annoyed by it.

It's just as crazy, and a HELL of a lot more extreme than having a guy in drag on the platform. I agree it's bad politics, on the other hand, it's a reaction to what the GOP in the state IS doing I suspect.

- a platform that called for new laws to require the Bible to be taught in public schools

-a constitutional amendment that would require statewide elected leaders to win the popular vote in a majority of Texas counties.

-reverse recent name changes to military bases and “publicly honor the southern heroes”

-demands that the U.S. government disclose “all pertinent information and knowledge” of UFOs.

It doesn't seem that Republicans are aware that this crap annoys people, or they don't care that people are annoyed by it.

It's just as crazy, and a HELL of a lot more extreme than having a guy in drag on the platform. I agree it's bad politics, on the other hand, it's a reaction to what the GOP in the state IS doing I suspect.
Whataboutism and moral relativism on steroids.

How can you take someone seriously that doesn't even take themselves seriously?

All those drag queens don't even act like a real person. It's bad enough they dress like women but even worse they are always some clownishly dressed cartoon styled overly caricatured parody of what a woman is. Their entire persona and being revolves around ridiculous hair, makeup and clothing. It's like they don't know how to be a individual person so instead they are constantly in some persona.

If I was a Democrat at that convention I'd be embarrassed and ashamed they brought some drag dude out dressed and behaving like that spouting stuff about trans kids.

I'm not a Democrat and I am embarrassed and ashamed for our country for even accepting that as being perfectly fine.

Take off the ridiculous outfit, wipe off the makeup, ditch the stereotypical drag person and talk like a real person.

I guess the gay community doesn't understand that democrats don't care about them. They are using them as tools and nothing else. They don't care about them as people, they only care about them being gay and using their gayness to further their personal goals. If that dude wasn't a flamboyant fag he wouldn't even be on that stage because they don't care what he thinks.

All Americans regardless of political affiliation should be embarrassed and disappointed that this is what our political system puts on a stage.

Yeah, I see that from both parties pretty regularly. They overreact, overcompensate, overcorrect. And they don't seem to think ahead about what the net result will be, after they've increased animosities.

Dems don't like it when I say this, but this is the stuff that energized, mobilized and animated GQP voters in 2016. They had a hand in Trump winning in the first place.

Whataboutism and moral relativism on steroids.
Whow... Oddball did you really just complain about whataboutisms? On a bad day, you and basically everybody on the right use about 50 times.

As for moral relativism. Not at all. I see it as an objective difference in the relative craziness of the positions presented.

You guys present a clip from the Democratic convention, featuring a guy in drag.
I present the party platform of the GOP in Texas.
Both can be described as catering to the fringe element of the respective parties. One is objectively more on the fringe. Not to mention more consequential since laws are already being made by the GOP on that platform.

Last edited:
Whow... Oddball did you really just complained about whataboutisms? On a bad day, you and basically everybody on the right use it every other day about 50 times.

As for moral relativism. Not at all. I see it as an objective difference in the relative craziness of the positions presented.

You guys present a clip from the Democratic convention, featuring a guy in drag.
I present the party platform of the GOP in Texas.
Both can be described as catering to the fringe element of the respective parties. One is objectively more on the fringe. Not to mention more consequential since laws are already being made by the GOP on that platform.
IMG_0125.gif

Yeah, I see that from both parties pretty regularly. They overreact, overcompensate, overcorrect. And they don't seem to think ahead about what the net result will be, after they've increased animosities.

Dems don't like it when I say this, but this is the stuff that energized, mobilized and animated GQP voters in 2016. They had a hand in Trump winning in the first place.
Sure, but it's the same argument I think I had with you a few days ago. At least I think I had that with you when discussing Trump's sentencing?

If you won't execute your policy agenda, (in this case, protection of the LGBTQ community, more specifically transgenders), for fear that the other side will use that agenda in a dishonest way to stoke culture wars. What's the point of having one? And more importantly what's to stop the other side from just demanding more concessions?

To put it in the context of Texas, and leaving a guy in drag aside as simply bad optics. As we speak Abbott has gleefully cracked down on abortions and the LGBTQ community in real ways. Do you think conceding the ground will placate him or his fellow GOP members? Just look at the proposed platform.

Sure, but it's the same argument I think I had with you a few days ago. At least I think I had that with you when discussing Trump's sentencing?

If you won't execute your policy agenda, (in this case, protection of the LGBTQ community, more specifically transgenders), for fear that the other side will use that agenda in a dishonest way to stoke culture wars. What's the point of having one? And more importantly what's to stop the other side from just demanding more concessions?

To put it in the context of Texas, and leaving a guy in drag aside as simply bad optics. As we speak Abbott has gleefully cracked down on abortions and the LGBTQ community in real ways. Do you think conceding the ground will placate him or his fellow GOP members? Just look at the proposed platform.
I understand that, but I'm just looking at net results.

Identifying a problem is one thing, but the way the problem is addressed is another. That's where the overcompensation happens. Right now, since there is no communication or collaboration allowed, every policy implementation is addressed 100% "our" (depending on who's doing it) way. We're going to shove it down your throat with no real input from you, and if you don't it, tough crap.

The GQP is doing it on abortion, as one example. The Dems do it with cultural issues. Well, holy crap, there is going to be pushback. That's what 2016 was, and still is.

So what's the goal with advocacy? Is it really trying to win things at 100%? Seems to me that we've lost the ability to give and take, and not coincidentally, the divisions just keep getting worse.

Forum List

Back