The transition of money from poor to rich has ruined America

Do you agree with this statement?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
So what Republicans supported Bush in regards to border policy? Illegals are here to do jobs Americans won't do is a Communist claim, not a Republican creation. The reason Trump won the nomination and ultimately the presidency was because of his border stance. He beat out all those professional politicians preaching path to citizenship and immigration reform. We voters never asked for either of those things. We demanded to shutdown our border and not only stop all illegals from entering, but kick out the ones already here.

As for Reagan, he made an un-signed agreement with the Democrats to grant amnesty in return for a stronger and more secure border. He lived up to his part, but as usual, the Democrats Fd him in the ass. You can't trust a Democrat. They are the party of criminals.
Your party has always been split on this issue.

Back when we wrote this about yall, you wanted a fence not a wall.

Progressives fought - and many lost their lives in the battle - to limit the pool of "labor hours" available to the Robber Barons from the 1870s through the 1930s and thus created the modern middle class. They limited labor-hours by pushing for the 50-hour week and the 10-hour day (and then later the 40-hour week and the 8-hour day). They limited labor-hours by pushing for laws against child labor (which competed with adult labor). They limited labor-hours by working for passage of the 1935 Wagner Act that provided for union shops.

And they limited labor-hours by supporting laws that would regulate immigration into the United States to a small enough flow that it wouldn't dilute the unionized labor pool. As Wikipedia notes: "The first laws creating a quota for immigrants were passed in the 1920s, in response to a sense that the country could no longer absorb large numbers of unskilled workers, despite pleas by big business that it wanted the new workers."

Between the Reagan years - when there were only around 1 to 2 million illegal aliens in our workforce - and today, we've gone from about 25 percent of our private workforce being unionized to around seven percent. Much of this is the direct result - as César Chávez predicted - of illegal immigrants competing directly with unionized and legal labor. Although it's most obvious in the construction trades over the past 30 years, it's hit all sectors of our economy.

The state paid your healthcare? Huh? When I lost my job, no one paid my healthcare. What liberal state do you live in again?

I'll give him blame when he's to blame. Like shutting down that pipeline probably raised gas prices. I'm ok with that though. I'm an environmentalist. Go Green.

I'll blame him for wasting money and causing inflation. I told you. This is the first time I'd be ok if the Democratic president lost. Just don't run Trump.

Doesn't matter who runs in your third party. You may as well not vote. LOL
Well your vote got us Biden! lol!!!!! My vote looks a lot better than yours! Man, I didn't think American Democrats and Republicans could keep p coming up with worse and worse candidates. You got to the bottom and dug us into a deep hole. Congrats! You and your vote got us all this and more!!!

You just make it up as you go. lol! I lost my job in the 80's, no Obamacare and the state paid my healthcare. I didn't need Obamacare, go figure!

How about this?

Between the Reagan years when there were only around 1-2 million illegals in our workforce and today, we've gone from about 25% of our private workforce being unionized to around 7%. Much of this is the direct result, as César Chávez predicted, of illegals competing directly with unionized and legal labor. Although it's most obvious in the construction trades over the past 30 years, it's hit all sectors of our economy.

This is just another way they transitioned money from the poor/middle class to the rich.

Remember jobs American's won't do? Who was McCain/Romney/Bush/Republicans disrespecting when they said that? They were disrespecting POOR Americans. And justifying why they were stealing money from them. Because they wouldn't work.

No my friend they will work. You just have to pay them an American wage.

Well your vote got us Biden! lol!!!!! My vote looks a lot better than yours! Man, I didn't think American Democrats and Republicans could keep p coming up with worse and worse candidates. You got to the bottom and dug us into a deep hole. Congrats! You and your vote got us all this and more!!!
We can go one of two ways on every issue. Left or right. Who is your candidate? I want to see what his/her deal breakers are. Or why you love them so much.

We don't even know who you like. Why don't you stay out of it since you basically don't vote?

How is your candidate going to deal with inflation?

And what about price gouging? Corporations have gouged us during Covid. What should we do about that? I mean they are taking the money you wanted to save for retirement. Not fair right? I guess we paid whatever they asked so honestly, it's fair. Just don't cry that Biden policies are eating up your savings when it's Walmart who's fucking you.

How about this?

Between the Reagan years when there were only around 1-2 million illegals in our workforce and today, we've gone from about 25% of our private workforce being unionized to around 7%. Much of this is the direct result, as César Chávez predicted, of illegals competing directly with unionized and legal labor. Although it's most obvious in the construction trades over the past 30 years, it's hit all sectors of our economy.

This is just another way they transitioned money from the poor/middle class to the rich.

Remember jobs American's won't do? Who was McCain/Romney/Bush/Republicans disrespecting when they said that? They were disrespecting POOR Americans. And justifying why they were stealing money from them. Because they wouldn't work.

No my friend they will work. You just have to pay them an American wage.
Thom Hartmann? lol! He is a leftwing nut. Thanks for the laughs!

We can go one of two ways on every issue. Left or right. Who is your candidate? I want to see what his/her deal breakers are. Or why you love them so much.

We don't even know who you like. Why don't you stay out of it since you basically don't vote?
So you don't want all Americans to exercise their Constitutional right and vote. Got it. Thanks for the insight, it is really the left that wants to suppress the vote.

Thom Hartmann? lol! He is a leftwing nut. Thanks for the laughs!
I'm sure if you read those op eds, you'd agree with a lot of what he has to say. A lot of it Trump stole and is now using. Before, the corporatists ran the GOP. Today, the corporatists still own/control/run the GOP but Trump pretends to not be one of them. Meanwhile, he was and probably still does hire illegals.

Oh excuse me. He doesn't. He hires another company who does all the hiring. So his hands are clean even though all the people working at Mara Lago are illegals.

How is your candidate going to deal with inflation?

And what about price gouging? Corporations have gouged us during Covid. What should we do about that? I mean they are taking the money you wanted to save for retirement. Not fair right? I guess we paid whatever they asked so honestly, it's fair. Just don't cry that Biden policies are eating up your savings when it's Walmart who's fucking you.
Ask Biden, he is President, my guy didn't win, so your guy, the guy you voted for is in charge and what is he doing? Maybe the questions your are asking me now should of been the questions you genius's should of asked Biden before the election?

What policies does Biden have that are eating up savings?

My retirement is fine and I don't shop Walmart, it is not a local store.

I'm sure if you read those op eds, you'd agree with a lot of what he has to say. A lot of it Trump stole and is now using. Before, the corporatists ran the GOP. Today, the corporatists still own/control/run the GOP but Trump pretends to not be one of them. Meanwhile, he was and probably still does hire illegals.

Oh excuse me. He doesn't. He hires another company who does all the hiring. So his hands are clean even though all the people working at Mara Lago are illegals.
I used to listen to Hartmann, he is a loon, I don't listen to bitter loons. As far as illegals, I don't hire them.

Ask Biden, he is President, my guy didn't win, so your guy, the guy you voted for is in charge and what is he doing? Maybe the questions your are asking me now should of been the questions you genius's should of asked Biden before the election?

What policies does Biden have that are eating up savings?

My retirement is fine and I don't shop Walmart, it is not a local store.
Who are you voting for? Who did you vote for in 2020? Sell me on this man, or woman.

I used to listen to Hartmann, he is a loon, I don't listen to bitter loons. As far as illegals, I don't hire them.
What political talk host do you agree with more? Post an op ed from them explaining it better than Thom

Calling the white house's website a fact sheet is laughable as hell.

Everyone in America is poorer today than the day Biden took office due to inflation and the exploding CPI and rising interest rates.
We see what you are doing. Clinton did it to Bush 1.

Clinton's campaign advantageously used the then-prevailing recession in the United States as one of the campaign's means to successfully unseat George H. W. Bush. In March 1991, days after the ground war in Kuwait, 90% of polled Americans approved of President Bush's job performance. Later the next year, Americans' opinions had turned sharply; 64% of polled Americans disapproved of Bush's job performance in August 1992.

You are so FOS. Companies compete against each other like they always have. Their price increases are due to having to pay labor much more money, increased transportation costs thanks to anti-energy Dementia, and utility bills that have doubled since Trump left the White House.

Those costs (like always) get transferred to the consumer.

How stupid are you Ray?

Executives brazenly boast to investors about raising prices​

“Corporate greed is motivating large companies to use the pandemic and supply chain issues as an excuse to raise prices simply because they can. And a lot of executives brazenly boast to investors about raising prices on consumers without consequences—and these executives are saying they're going to continue to do so,” House Energy and Commerce committee chairman Rep. Frank Pallone (D-N.J.) said during Wednesday's hearing.

The COVID–19 Price Gouging Prevention Act would give the Federal Trade Commission the ability to seek civil penalties from companies that raise prices to “unconscionably excessive” levels during the pandemic.

The analysis of Securities and Exchange Commission filings for 100 US corporations found net profits up by a median of 49%, and in one case by as much as 111,000%. Those increases came as companies saddled customers with higher prices and all but ten executed massive stock buyback programs or bumped dividends to enrich investors.

In earnings calls, executives detailed how even as demand and profits rose post-vaccine, they passed on most or all inflationary costs to customers via price increases, and some took the opportunity to add more on top. Margins – the share of sales converted into profits – also improved for the majority of the companies analyzed by the Guardian.

Economists who reviewed the data say it’s more evidence of a clear reality: Consumers are taking a financial hit as companies and shareholders profit or are largely shielded.

“It’s obvious that corporations are trying to pass on any form of short-term pain they might be feeling … and that’s serving the top, wealthiest class instead of those in need of fair wages or products that are affordable,” said Krista Brown, a policy analyst with the American Economic Liberties Project.

So stop crying about inflation. You're being fucked by corporations.

The "transfer of money from poor to rich" was 100% about GROWTH OF GOVERNMENT post 1998.

In 1998, we had a budget surplus and nobody whining about the minimum wage.

GOVERNMENT is the problem.

The SOLUTION is LESS GOVERNMENT not MORE....

Calling the white house's website a fact sheet is laughable as hell.

Everyone in America is poorer today than the day Biden took office due to inflation and the exploding CPI and rising interest rates.
Inflation? How much has inflation gone up? Let's say it's 5%. So how come you're not complaining that corporations raised their prices 10% during the pandemic? You can't blame Biden for that. Even if you could blame him for 5% of it, what about the other 5%? Corporations are gouging us. What should we do about it?

The analysis of Securities and Exchange Commission filings for 100 US corporations found net profits up by a median of 49%, and in one case by as much as 111,000%. Those increases came as companies saddled customers with higher prices and all but ten executed massive stock buyback programs or bumped dividends to enrich investors.

In earnings calls, executives detailed how even as demand and profits rose post-vaccine, they passed on most or all inflationary costs to customers via price increases, and some took the opportunity to add more on top. Margins – the share of sales converted into profits – also improved for the majority of the companies analyzed by the Guardian.

Economists who reviewed the data say it’s more evidence of a clear reality: Consumers are taking a financial hit as companies and shareholders profit or are largely shielded.

“It’s obvious that corporations are trying to pass on any form of short-term pain they might be feeling … and that’s serving the top, wealthiest class instead of those in need of fair wages or products that are affordable,” said Krista Brown, a policy analyst with the American Economic Liberties Project.

It was at about 13,000 the day he took office and 24,.000 the day he left so no, he didn't even double it much less triple it.
1651591570295.png

Forum List

Back