The transition of money from poor to rich has ruined America

Do you agree with this statement?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biden's policies have devastated the 'poor' while making himself, his family, and 'the rich' richer.

Biden has caused the inflation that is destroying 'the poor' while simultaneously wanting to siphon more from 'the poor' by raising taxes during his inflation.

You get the point. There is no audience for a right wing late night talk show host. Odd when right wingers dominate the radio. Thom Hartmann and Randi Rhodes represented my thoughts well. Rush didn't represent yours? Who do you listen to now?

And who did you vote for in 2020 for POTUS? How about Senators, House and Governors?
Conservative still dominate talk radio. Democrats have tried to counter it numerous times with zero success.

Toothless anti gouging laws.

I can't wait till you guys take over. I want to see how you fix everything. This aught to be interesting.
There's not even a hint of proof to suggest inflation is due to any price gouging at the retail or wholesale levels.

Reverse virtually every policy Biden has implemented in the last year and we'd be off to a good start.

Biden's policies have devastated the 'poor' while making himself, his family, and 'the rich' richer.

Biden has caused the inflation that is destroying 'the poor' while simultaneously wanting to siphon more from 'the poor' by raising taxes during his inflation.
Then we have the awesome Newsome who jacks up the state fuel tax and then hands out gas cards so it doesn't bite "the poor:" so bad.

Of course, for their purposes, "the poor" will probably start at about 4x the poverty rate.

Inflation? How much has inflation gone up? Let's say it's 5%. So how come you're not complaining that corporations raised their prices 10% during the pandemic? You can't blame Biden for that. Even if you could blame him for 5% of it, what about the other 5%? Corporations are gouging us. What should we do about it?

The analysis of Securities and Exchange Commission filings for 100 US corporations found net profits up by a median of 49%, and in one case by as much as 111,000%. Those increases came as companies saddled customers with higher prices and all but ten executed massive stock buyback programs or bumped dividends to enrich investors.

In earnings calls, executives detailed how even as demand and profits rose post-vaccine, they passed on most or all inflationary costs to customers via price increases, and some took the opportunity to add more on top. Margins – the share of sales converted into profits – also improved for the majority of the companies analyzed by the Guardian.

Economists who reviewed the data say it’s more evidence of a clear reality: Consumers are taking a financial hit as companies and shareholders profit or are largely shielded.

“It’s obvious that corporations are trying to pass on any form of short-term pain they might be feeling … and that’s serving the top, wealthiest class instead of those in need of fair wages or products that are affordable,” said Krista Brown, a policy analyst with the American Economic Liberties Project.
You do not provide a source for this article that includes a quote from the anti-corporation American Economic Liberties Project and you think that is proof of your claims?

Conservative still dominate talk radio. Democrats have tried to counter it numerous times with zero success.
Because all the radio stations are owned by right wing nutjobs. I've already explained this before.

There is no question that if the station that Rush was on would put Randi Rhodes on right after him, she would get more if not the same number of listeners. But the radio station is owned by right wing nutjobs who don't want that message getting out.

Yes, we tried to have an all left wing radio station and it failed. Perhaps corporations don't want to advertise on a radio station that is so pro worker.

You do not provide a source for this article that includes a quote from the anti-corporation American Economic Liberties Project and you think that is proof of your claims?

Is anything I posted wrong?

The analysis found net profits up by a median of 49%, and in one case by as much as 111,000%. Those increases came as companies saddled customers with higher prices and all but ten executed massive stock buyback programs or bumped dividends to enrich investors.

So sorry Ralphy Boy but the corporations gouged us. Perhaps they don't want Biden to win again too. Then Trump will give them more tax breaks they don't need and we can't afford.

Because all the radio stations are owned by right wing nutjobs. I've already explained this before.

There is no question that if the station that Rush was on would put Randi Rhodes on right after him, she would get more if not the same number of listeners. But the radio station is owned by right wing nutjobs who don't want that message getting out.

Yes, we tried to have an all left wing radio station and it failed. Perhaps corporations don't want to advertise on a radio station that is so pro worker.
You're just making up bullshit now.

Oh really? We know for a fact when Randi Rhodes went head to head with Rush in the most busy time of the day, rush hour, she beat him in the ratings.

And you're telling me that a person as popular at her couldn't help a radio stations ratings at 3am to 7am?

I forgot to finish what I was saying. Thanks for reminding me.

So the point is, these radio stations don't care if Randi Rhodes can make them an extra $5 million dollars a year. It's worth giving up that $5 million if you can keep her message off the airwaves.

This is why the GOP got Clinton to deregulate the media in 1996. After he did that, these right wing media giants gobbled up all the radio stations.

most of the media you consume is owned by one of six companies. These six media companies are known as The Big 6. While independent media outlets still exist, the major outlets are all owned by these six conglomerates.

Oh really? We know for a fact when Randi Rhodes went head to head with Rush in the most busy time of the day, rush hour, she beat him in the ratings.

And you're telling me that a person as popular at her couldn't help a radio stations ratings at 3am to 7am?

I forgot to finish what I was saying. Thanks for reminding me.

So the point is, these radio stations don't care if Randi Rhodes can make them an extra $5 million dollars a year. It's worth giving up that $5 million if you can keep her message off the airwaves.

This is why the GOP got Clinton to deregulate the media in 1996. After he did that, these right wing media giants gobbled up all the radio stations.

most of the media you consume is owned by one of six companies. These six media companies are known as The Big 6. While independent media outlets still exist, the major outlets are all owned by these six conglomerates.
You claimed they were all owned by republicans, that isn't true.

Media companies are interested in making money, they'd put a braying jackass on for three hours a day if they could dominate the ratings with it.

AND, right wing radio has been able to lie much easier than right wing tv like Fox. Fox has been very careful in how they are spreading misinformation on the pandemic. But right wing radio doesn't have to be careful. They freely lie their asses off.

The only positive is a lot of those right wing media guys who were anti vax are now dead.

All four men died in August of coronavirus. A fifth conservative radio host, Bob Enyart, died on 13 September, weeks after he told his listeners to boycott vaccines that were “immorally developed”.

The death of the men, just weeks apart, illustrated both the depth of anti-vaccine feeling among some conservatives, but also hinted at the problems rightwing talk radio, along with other conservative media, is causing as vaccination rates in the US have slowed.

Randi Rhodes show is streamed on Premier Radio Network, the same network that carries Sean Hannity. She just can't compete with Hannity and certainly could never compete head to head with Rush Nationally.

AND, right wing radio has been able to lie much easier than right wing tv like Fox. Fox has been very careful in how they are spreading misinformation on the pandemic. But right wing radio doesn't have to be careful. They freely lie their asses off.

The only positive is a lot of those right wing media guys who were anti vax are now dead.

All four men died in August of coronavirus. A fifth conservative radio host, Bob Enyart, died on 13 September, weeks after he told his listeners to boycott vaccines that were “immorally developed”.

The death of the men, just weeks apart, illustrated both the depth of anti-vaccine feeling among some conservatives, but also hinted at the problems rightwing talk radio, along with other conservative media, is causing as vaccination rates in the US have slowed.

You seem to be utterly averse and allergic to actual facts. A bunch of no names who never got any market share nationally don't make much of a case for you.

You claimed they were all owned by republicans, that isn't true.

Media companies are interested in making money, they'd put a braying jackass on for three hours a day if they could dominate the ratings with it.
Wrong. Not right wing radio stations.

Randi Rhodes show is streamed on Premier Radio Network, the same network that carries Sean Hannity. She just can't compete with Hannity and certainly could never compete head to head with Rush Nationally.
She did compete. And let's be honest. That's not a knock against Randi. Her and Rush, or Hannity, aren't fighting for the same listeners. And you know it.

Like, Hannity can be on the radio all day I'm not going to listen. And Randi could be on 24/7 and you'd never listen.

So all you are saying is Democrats don't love political talk radio as much as right wing nutjobs do.

She did compete. And let's be honest. That's not a knock against Randi. Her and Rush, or Hannity, aren't fighting for the same listeners. And you know it.

Like, Hannity can be on the radio all day I'm not going to listen. And Randi could be on 24/7 and you'd never listen.

So all you are saying is Democrats don't love political talk radio as much as right wing nutjobs do.
No she didn't, if she had, she'd have knocked Rush out of the ratings and would be the most famous person in the history of talk radio.

Leftwing talk radio is like you, nothing but a lying hate fest and people just don't want to subject themselves to it.

Forum List

Back