Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
How do you really KNOW Joseph Smith was "wacko"? What proof do you have aside from your accusations and opinions?

I've showed you stories from history. read them.just to show how he was he got a bunch to go west with him to the land of milk and honey, so he said but the truth was misery and starvation. Then he took their money, went back east and left them there to starve.

Did you really show me stories from history or did you just fail to realize that Joseph Smith never went west with the group and therefore never went back east with any money and in fact died before the trip happened?

so your saying he was dead in 1834

My only point was that innocent people can have their friends turn to enemies, through no fault of their own.

Some one being in jail as much as joe was, cant be innocent.

So you consider Paul one of the worst criminals of all time then? Perhaps Daniel should have deserved to be eaten by Lions? All the apostles? All the christian gladiators deserved their fate as well I suppose according to you?

they were in jail for preaching not conning and adultry

In sum, I find little here to suggest that Joseph Smith was gifted with any unusual prophetic insight here, although with much of this prophecy in the "yet fulfilled" category it is not possible to be categorically too harsh without compromising certain orthodox prophetic positions. The few points that are fulfilled with certainty would be easily drawn from the politics and society of the day.

Course you dont. Accurately predicting future events is hardly evidence of a prophetic calling. I suppose healing the sick isnt either. Teaching legitimate Christian doctrine lost for centuries probably doesnt count in your book either.

But since you think that Josephs predictions didnt take much insight, perhaps you could tell me where the next major global war will begin and what the consequences of that war will be. After all, it shouldnt be tough. In fact, since you claim to be so close to God, you should ask Him and do even better than Joseph. Im eagerly waiting.

James McPherson in Battle Cry of Freedom offers a summary of conditions prior to the Civil War that contributed to it and exacerbated tensions.( Even prior to Smith's prophecy, it would not have been difficult to foresee a war coming. McPherson notes that there were a number of expected dividing lines as the country grew in the period from 1800-1850 (rich/poor, Catholic/Protestant, rural/urban), but the "greatest danger to American survival" at this stage was the question of slavery. Why? Because slavery was associated with competing ideals that just happened to also have geographic associations.) The institution was so contrary to what he argued were desirable values that he predicted a conflict that would result in the destruction of slavery. And Mormons might consider that one reason why Joseph Smith and the Saints were driven out of their locales in Missouri, in 1838-9, was because they were suspected of being favorable to abolition of slavery. South Carolina had advocated the doctrine of "nullification," arguing that a state could nullify federal laws or taxes that they ruled to be unconstitutional. If there was federal resistance, then South Carolina said they could leave the Union. These were all facts that smith knew, do the math. Read this this is where he got his idea for his so called prophacy.any one could have predictedsomething close knowing all of this.

Why do you try to argue away the correct prophecies of Joseph?

Course you dont. Accurately predicting future events is hardly evidence of a prophetic calling. I suppose healing the sick isnt either. Teaching legitimate Christian doctrine lost for centuries probably doesnt count in your book either.

But since you think that Josephs predictions didnt take much insight, perhaps you could tell me where the next major global war will begin and what the consequences of that war will be. After all, it shouldnt be tough. In fact, since you claim to be so close to God, you should ask Him and do even better than Joseph. Im eagerly waiting.

James McPherson in Battle Cry of Freedom offers a summary of conditions prior to the Civil War that contributed to it and exacerbated tensions.( Even prior to Smith's prophecy, it would not have been difficult to foresee a war coming. McPherson notes that there were a number of expected dividing lines as the country grew in the period from 1800-1850 (rich/poor, Catholic/Protestant, rural/urban), but the "greatest danger to American survival" at this stage was the question of slavery. Why? Because slavery was associated with competing ideals that just happened to also have geographic associations.) The institution was so contrary to what he argued were desirable values that he predicted a conflict that would result in the destruction of slavery. And Mormons might consider that one reason why Joseph Smith and the Saints were driven out of their locales in Missouri, in 1838-9, was because they were suspected of being favorable to abolition of slavery. South Carolina had advocated the doctrine of "nullification," arguing that a state could nullify federal laws or taxes that they ruled to be unconstitutional. If there was federal resistance, then South Carolina said they could leave the Union. These were all facts that smith knew, do the math. Read this this is where he got his idea for his so called prophacy.any one could have predictedsomething close knowing all of this.

He just told want any 9 year old could have guessed, living in it as he was.

Last edited:
you can't search for truth in a book of lies you have to search in the history of the time, according to nephis tale, he lived in several different life times at once. theyclaim to be of the wealthy, if so they would have been noted for the time they were there, before they sailed the magic dragon.

So now you are saying because they were wealthy, they should have been recorded in the Bible? What rubbish! What utter nonsensical poppycock! By jove you are amazing. Where is the logic? Where is the honesty? Magic Dragon? Please give me some more. You amuse me.
I said the history of the time they live, i never said bible, am i talking to brainwashed robots or people?

Are you saying then that anyone wealthy living in 600AD would have likely been written down in history somewhere? What makes you say such and absurd thing?:disbelief:

I'm not the only one that knew ioe was a wacko. If you were allow to look at recorded history you'd find the truth. oh, but wait you only allowed to search in the fairytale book of joe, how shallow.

Wacko huh? What did he do or say that was wacko?

He quoted himself that he could tell if he was living in a dream or reality

Can you please repeat that so we can understand in English?

I've showed you stories from history. read them.just to show how he was he got a bunch to go west with him to the land of milk and honey, so he said but the truth was misery and starvation. Then he took their money, went back east and left them there to starve.

Did you really show me stories from history or did you just fail to realize that Joseph Smith never went west with the group and therefore never went back east with any money and in fact died before the trip happened?

so your saying he was dead in 1834

Didn't you know he died in 1844?

Some one being in jail as much as joe was, cant be innocent.

So you consider Paul one of the worst criminals of all time then? Perhaps Daniel should have deserved to be eaten by Lions? All the apostles? All the christian gladiators deserved their fate as well I suppose according to you?

they were in jail for preaching not conning and adultry

Didn't you know that Joseph was jailed for the same reasons?

So now you are saying because they were wealthy, they should have been recorded in the Bible? What rubbish! What utter nonsensical poppycock! By jove you are amazing. Where is the logic? Where is the honesty? Magic Dragon? Please give me some more. You amuse me.
I said the history of the time they live, i never said bible, am i talking to brainwashed robots or people?

Are you saying then that anyone wealthy living in 600AD would have likely been written down in history somewhere? What makes you say such and absurd thing?:disbelief:

Your saying someone wealthy in that small settlement, causing up the big a commotion, would not have been.

He just told want any 9 year old could have guessed, living in it as he was.

Can you please interpret your last statement?

Your saying someone wealthy in that small settlement, causing up the big a commotion, would not have been.

Do you think you would draw attention to yourself if you were trying to escape with your life or would you alert the guards who are trying to catch you?

Do you think Jerusalem was a small settlement? And do you also think that all rich people are famous?

Last edited:

Do you think Jerusalem was a small settlement? And do you also think that all rich people are famous?

so your sayiny there was a lot of wealthy people then

He quoted himself that he could tell if he was living in a dream or reality

Can you please repeat that so we can understand in English?

joe said from his own mouth that he (meaning joe) could not tell if he (meaning joe)was living in a dream or reality.

Did you realize that Joseph was speaking of a vision he had where he saw God and could not tell whether he was "in the body or out."? Did you know that Paul said the exact same thing about his vision in nearly the exact same words? Do you think Paul is a wacko as well?

Forum List

Back