Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
The facts through the years, Truth, have supported my position and overthrown yours. What you think is immaterial and irrelevant. But carry on. I defend your right right to be wrong.

The inquisition, by your facile reasoning, then is exculpated for the Catholic Church.

No the doctrine of the Catholic Church was not changed. The leadership of the catholic church interpreted their own version of the Bible to justify the inquisition. But the perpetrators of those murders should lie on the murderers themselves and not the Catholic Church. No where in Catholic doctrine does it justify what their leaders did. Get the point.
Put the blame where it ought to lie.

The facts through the years, Truth, have supported my position and overthrown yours. What you think is immaterial and irrelevant. But carry on. I defend your right right to be wrong.

As long as you fail to discuss specifics you do nothing but look like a yapping dog.

The facts have been evidenced in this thread over and over. The fact that you don't accept them is imnmaterial. You are wrong, and you have the right to be wrong.

Inside source tells me the First Presidency spent almost $600k for some documents, including a deed to the "Maid of Iowa" signed by Joseph Smith and several letters on MMM-related letters, including a 31 March 1859 one from Dr. Charles Brewer stating that the Arkansas women and children "were not only scalped, but according to Mormon custom their throats cut from ear to ear & heads severed." Yeah, real nice players, those LDS priesthood holders in southern Utah.

Inside source tells me the First Presidency spent almost $600k for some documents, including a deed to the "Maid of Iowa" signed by Joseph Smith and several letters on MMM-related letters, including a 31 March 1859 one from Dr. Charles Brewer stating that the Arkansas women and children "were not only scalped, but according to Mormon custom their throats cut from ear to ear & heads severed." Yeah, real nice players, those LDS priesthood holders in southern Utah.

You're kidding right Dwight? Why should I accept your phony "inside source". You don't even realize that Joseph Smith was dead before the MMM. Your position has been compromised Mr. Schrute. Authorities will soon triangulate your position. Must destroy phone and go dark.

Major League fail job on your part. Yet another example of your spouting off without specifics. Oh. You think because some people claim there were joker type killings in the MMM that the Church taught that it was ok. Well it's obviously been proven that those "priesthood holders" had abandoned their priesthood the moment they decided to sin in such a manner.
If you knew the contents of the Doctrine and Covenants, you would have known that priesthood holders only hold the priesthood as long as they are living righteously. The book of our official doctrine in section 121 verses 37 and 39 quotes thus:

37 That they(the rights and powers of the priesthood) may be conferred upon us, it is true; but when we undertake to cover our sins, or to gratify our pride, our vain ambition, or to exercise control or dominion or compulsion upon the souls of the children of men, in any degree of unrighteousness, behold, the heavens withdraw themselves; the Spirit of the Lord is grieved; and when it is withdrawn, Amen to the priesthood or the authority of that man.
• • •
39 We have learned by sad experience that it is the anature and disposition of almost all men, as soon as they get a little bauthority, as they suppose, they will immediately begin to exercise cunrighteous dominion.

So just as the word Amen marks the end of a speech. So it's use marks the end of the authority of that man's priesthood.

Those men no longer speak for the church when they lose the spirit.

Do Mormons still wear under clothing or whatever those things are - pantaloons?

They are not called what you say they are. We do continue to wear sacred undergarments. Why is everyone so fascinated by undergarments?

All religions wear symbolic clothing. But they wear it on the outside to show how pious they are. We're not trying to draw attention to ourselves so we wear it under normal clothes. What's the root of this obsession people have with our underwear?

Truth, either you are an idiot, or you don't read, or you deliberately falsify.

JS died before MMM, yes. I was talking about a steamship deed that he signed in 1844, weeks before he died. I am talking about another letter from a man who talked to LDS participants in the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

Son, you better believe me when I say I have "inside" sources, because I do. What I stated above will soon be public.

You are a neophyte, son, a non-player in all of this. You have an opinion, it's generally wrong, and that is all you can offer.

Truth, either you are an idiot, or you don't read, or you deliberately falsify.

JS died before MMM, yes. I was talking about a steamship deed that he signed in 1844, weeks before he died. I am talking about another letter from a man who talked to LDS participants in the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

Son, you better believe me when I say I have "inside" sources, because I do. What I stated above will soon be public.

You are a neophyte, son, a non-player in all of this. You have an opinion, it's generally wrong, and that is all you can offer.

:lol::lol::lol:

When logic, fact, and reason fail, there is always the "inside sources" ploy. If you only knew what I know, then you would agree with me, but since my sources are off limits to such as you, then you'll just have to take me at my word.

It worked for Nixon when he told us he had a plan to end the Vietnam War, but couldn't tell us since he had privileged information. Got him elected president, how about that!

OK, we poor folks who don't have your "inside connections" are waiting with baited breath for your predictions to come to fruition.

Skeptic, read what you wrote, then feel stupid. Because you don't have a line, doesn't mean others are your pitiful shape.

The Church History Library will announce the documents sometime between now and July.

Pointing this post out, Skpetik. Why are you upset? Because Joseph signed a deed on a steamboat? Because an undiscovered contemporary letter about MMM has been discovered? Because you don't know very much about your own history but you want to spin it anyway?

Goober, the LDS Church will be proud of the find and will showcase, which is a very smart move of transparency.

Pointing this post out, Skpetik. Why are you upset? Because Joseph signed a deed on a steamboat? Because an undiscovered contemporary letter about MMM has been discovered? Because you don't know very much about your own history but you want to spin it anyway?

Goober, the LDS Church will be proud of the find and will showcase, which is a very smart move of transparency.

Upset? Do I sound upset?

No, more like amused by your assertion of having some inside information that none of the rest of us has.

I'm not even insulted by your childish name calling. I'm rubber, after all, and you're glue.

Looks like I have some catching up to do Senior Truthspeaker. Be kind while I rewind and attempt assimilation.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back