Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
No. When she got pregnant as a teen we got married. But, so far as the locals were concerned, she'd been tainted. That sort of ticked us off. 25 years later we are still happily married. But there are still some old timers there that have long memories.

Her mom would notify the church each time we moved so missionaries could come see us. That lasted a few years until the incident over my grandmothers death. Mom was asked to stop the madness since the missionaries were no longer welcome.

Edited to add:

Assertions without evidence. And, if by chance you are correct it's OK. We have our own faith and are secure in it.

That's not what I meant, I just think he was going to try and come up with something to attack her because she is a member of the Church. I really wish you hadn't come accross such members because as far as I am concerned, they are not living their religion.

No. When she got pregnant as a teen we got married. But, so far as the locals were concerned, she'd been tainted. That sort of ticked us off. 25 years later we are still happily married. But there are still some old timers there that have long memories.

Those situations definitely aren't easy. that's one of the reasons we moved out of Utah, I wanted my kids to be able to date without having to deal with the Mormon thing.

That's not what I meant, I just think he was going to try and come up with something to attack her because she is a member of the Church. I really wish you hadn't come accross such members because as far as I am concerned, they are not living their religion.

Thanks for the concern. Folks not living their religion are not limited to any sect, cult, denomination, spirit friends, or other deity social network. So it really is no biggie. As to attacking my wife, again, thanks for the concern. If it were to happen I would deal with it.

Next Question: Why the prohibition on Alcohol, Tobacco, & Caffeinated drinks? I get the T&A aspect. Back in the day there were abolitionists for every vice. But, caffeine wasn't exactly well researched. Soda Pop wasn't known as a sinners drink. Is this a relatively new thing?

Thanks for the concern. Folks not living their religion are not limited to any sect, cult, denomination, spirit friends, or other deity social network. So it really is no biggie. As to attacking my wife, again, thanks for the concern. If it were to happen I would deal with it.

Next Question: Why the prohibition on Alcohol, Tobacco, & Caffeinated drinks? I get the T&A aspect. Back in the day there were abolitionists for every vice. But, caffeine wasn't exactly well researched. Soda Pop wasn't known as a sinners drink. Is this a relatively new thing?

Caffeine is a drug, that is why.

yeah and when grandma's visiting teachers came over she slyly pretended she has to drink coffee because the doctor said it thins her blood ha ha but then made me lie to the visiting teachers saying she doesnt drink it so she could get her recommend.

yeah and when grandma's visiting teachers came over she slyly pretended she has to drink coffee because the doctor said it thins her blood ha ha but then made me lie to the visiting teachers saying she doesnt drink it so she could get her recommend.

In spite of how stupid people say that all drugs are bad, some have their good uses some are just abused. The drinking of caffeine for all people is technically abusing it, though I personally don't see the problem since it's mild enough. It's about the same level as Nicotine, dangerous are very high concentrations but can be effective to help with everyday issues at low dosages.

yeah when i got married she gave me her wedding ring that she was married in the temple in downtown salt lake city in 1940. She was a widow and never remarried. I married her first grandson and me & her were best friends until she died. she even lived with us. but then after my husband divorced me I gave the ring back because grandma would have wanted ti that way. I still miss her, she was my favorite mormon because she was just the right amount of naughty....hehe she was 87 when she died.

yeah when i got married she gave me her wedding ring that she was married in the temple in downtown salt lake city in 1940. She was a widow and never remarried. I married her first grandson and me & her were best friends until she died. she even lived with us. but then after my husband divorced me I gave the ring back because grandma would have wanted ti that way. I still miss her, she was my favorite mormon because she was just the right amount of naughty....hehe she was 87 when she died.

My mothers father was like that, a pretty awesome mormon. He was just enough in the real world to make him really cool, yet still an old school mormon. He even said it was okay when he found out I started smoking, said it was a better vice than most mormons my age had now.

yeah one time we bought grandma a new tv and I showed her how to use the remote, and the next day she goes, "dear, I watched a movie on that movie channel (it was HBO) and it was called sister, dear sister, but oh dear they weren't sisters" and she wrinkled her nose up, I couldnt stop laughing, I said "why didnt you turn it off grandma?" and she said "well dear I wanted to know how it ended".....ha ha what a character!

Great question. Caffeine is not officially banned. Caffeine is one thing that people can make their own decisions about. A lot of Mormons decide not to drink it but do so on their own. The church has not taken a stand on Caffeinated drinks. The reason people decide not to drink caffeine is because they believe it to be an addictive substance, which we know it can be when found in large amounts such as coffee and tea. I don't really like soda that much but occasionally I like to have my Dr. Pepper. I think caffeine definitely needs to be moderated. Because like so many things, if you have too much, something can go wrong.
As for Alcohol, Tobacco, Coffee, Tea and harmful drugs, They are specifically told to abstain from. Number one reason why, is because of obedience, nothing else really matters after that but we can all see the negative effects of these substances on our bodies. We believe the body to be sacred and so anything that makes us lose control of or sustain damage to our bodies is against the will of God. The same goes for poor diet. A lot of people are not living the word of wisdom just because they abstain from those substances. There is an entire code of health that is involved with the revelation found in Doctrine and Covenants Section 88. It is a very interesting chapter.

Too bad your teachings don't advise on the sanctity of all life and how to treat others.

Wow

Sounds like a nice lady.

Forum List

Back