Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Just because we don't approve of homosexuality doesn't mean we don't think of everyone as children of God.

Homosexuality aside, that crack about people praying to an eight armed deity was ignorant and arrogant.

The truth about Mormons is that your Church has a history of intolerance toward others. Your comment about the Hindu or Buddhist deity with the eight arms is an example of an attitude that leads to intolerance. Now your Church has a great deal of money and power and you use it to bully others.

The entire state of Utah doesn't do squat without the nod of LDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Homosexuality aside, that crack about people praying to an eight armed deity was ignorant and arrogant.

The truth about Mormons is that your Church has a history of intolerance toward others. Now you have a great deal of money and power and you use it to bully others.

I thought you read my previous post. I am totally ignorant about buddhism and other Asiatic religions in general. I don't know about multi armed gods, I just conjured the idea of an eight armed clown out of thin air and wasn't trying to make fun of your faith. I already apologized for that comment. I don't think you saw it though. I hope you understand where I am coming from.:eusa_pray:Please forgive me.

The truth about Mormons is that your Church has a history of intolerance toward others. Your comment about the Hindu or Buddhist deity with the eight arms is an example of an attitude that leads to intolerance. Now your Church has a great deal of money and power and you use it to bully others.

The entire state of Utah doesn't do squat without the nod of LDS.

We will have to agree to disagree on the concept of the giant vampire monster with drooling fangs that you make the church out to be.

Thank you for the apology. If you want to have a respectful and interesting discussion about religion it helps to start out by respecting the beliefs of others--even when those beliefs seems unfamiliar and strange.

Always a good thing to ask questions and show some interest in people who are not Mormons if you want to win friends and influence people. You catch more flies with honey.

We will have to agree to disagree on the concept of the giant vampire monster with drooling fangs that you make the church out to be.

Truthspeaker--It would help if you want to debate me that you tell the truth. I have never stated that LDS Church is a vampire. Be honest about the influence LDS has in UTAH and national politics.

Non-Mormons do not get a fair shake in Utah. Even their health is affected, there are studies that prove it.

The state of Utah is close to being a theocracy.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1316/is_4_33/ai_73828219

What about Margaret Toscano--ex-communicated from LDS for daring to question the Church's treatment of women?
http://www.pbs.org/mormons/interviews/toscano.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the apology. If you want to have a respectful and interesting discussion about religion it helps to start out by respecting the beliefs of others--even when those beliefs seems unfamiliar and strange.

Always a good thing to ask questions and show some interest in people who are not Mormons if you want to win friends and influence people. You catch more flies with honey.

You can catch just about as many as with a pile o poo too.:lol:

FalseSpeaker, I recommend you first look into the LDS church much more than you have, clearly you have not learned as much or been exposed to it as much as you believe. How many times have you even been to the Utah temple? Or the one up here in Washington (almost as famous as the Utah one)? Do you remember the scripture game? How often did you go to morning seminary when you were young? It seems to me that you are just another lip servicer and not a true Mormon, and one of the people who made me choose to leave that religion because of your messed up ideals. Until I see otherwise I will continue to post real info to counter your false views on the church, though I cannot fix all of you convert-likes and converts I may be able to reach just one.

FalseSpeaker, I recommend you first look into the LDS church much more than you have, clearly you have not learned as much or been exposed to it as much as you believe. How many times have you even been to the Utah temple? Or the one up here in Washington (almost as famous as the Utah one)? Do you remember the scripture game? How often did you go to morning seminary when you were young? It seems to me that you are just another lip servicer and not a true Mormon, and one of the people who made me choose to leave that religion because of your messed up ideals. Until I see otherwise I will continue to post real info to counter your false views on the church, though I cannot fix all of you convert-likes and converts I may be able to reach just one.

Having read through the posts, and having a more than average knowledge of the subject at hand, I can tell you two things:

Truthspeaker hasn't said anything about Mormon doctrine that isn't true. If anyone wants to check it out, google "LDS + Articles of Faith", and see if he is telling the truth or not.

And, furthermore, he is not trying to debate anyone, just give information. You can believe or not believe Mormon doctrine, of course, and there is no way to prove or disprove it, but the church's dogma is what it is.

I also read through Sky Dancer's post on Bhuddism, and I can honestly say I don't know any more about that religion than I did before, which wasn't much.

Having read through the posts, and having a more than average knowledge of the subject at hand, I can tell you two things:

Truthspeaker hasn't said anything about Mormon doctrine that isn't true. If anyone wants to check it out, google "LDS + Articles of Faith", and see if he is telling the truth or not.

And, furthermore, he is not trying to debate anyone, just give information. You can believe or not believe Mormon doctrine, of course, and there is no way to prove or disprove it, but the church's dogma is what it is.

I also read through Sky Dancer's post on Bhuddism, and I can honestly say I don't know any more about that religion than I did before, which wasn't much.

It is not what he said that is what has proven he knows little about it, it's what he denied when several of us who left the religion for various reasons added to the info. Denying truth is the same as lying. Also, it can be proven through experience, whether you believe or not is moot, but having lived it from birth can make one very educated in the matter. My mother was an extremist (Mormon extremists tend to be worse than other christians) but still, even she would be laughing at FalseSpeakers denials.

Thank you for your moving speach. I am sure you will be able to reach more than one with your inspirational message. Perhaps because there are more than one uninformed and unstudious pupils out there as yourself. Your statements are full of bitterness and empty of knowledge. I have been immersed in this gospel from birth, I know the temple dialogue by heart, I have over a thousand scriptures memorized, I went to seminary every morning at 6am, Actually, the sad thing is most mormons, active and inactive, do not study as much as they ought to. Therein lies your mistake of taking the word of unauthoritative members rather than from the horses mouth of leaders and informed members who only preach official church doctrine. We are humans too and when mistakes are made, we have been chastised and corrected. But the doctrine holds sound, "tight like unto a dish". Because we believe it came from a perfect God, who is trying to help imperfect people.

It is not what he said that is what has proven he knows little about it, it's what he denied when several of us who left the religion for various reasons added to the info. Denying truth is the same as lying. Also, it can be proven through experience, whether you believe or not is moot, but having lived it from birth can make one very educated in the matter. My mother was an extremist (Mormon extremists tend to be worse than other christians) but still, even she would be laughing at FalseSpeakers denials.

You never lived the gospel.

You never lived the gospel.

Willingly ... no, by force ... yes. I lived it, but I was never offered the choice until my father (a very wise convert, rare) finally told my mother that I was allowed to choose for myself. He lived it out of love for my mother, until she showed the darkness that festered in her. But again, you still deny facts so you show you are still not as studied in the religion.

As the old saying goes: Please read the bible, we need more atheists.

It works even for this topic, just replace bible with Book of Mormon. It's not the book itself but the way people practice the teachings that push us out and away from it.

You know FalseLiar, after reading what you've posted on here, I can only come to one conclusion.......

You're an arrogant prick who thinks that because you've memorized some of the dogma that you hold dear, you are better than others. Telling someone they've never lived the Gospel? Well......maybe not YOUR version of it, but I'm pretty sure that there are quite a few others around who do not agree with your version of spirituality, but that doesn't make them any less right. Ever hear of His Holiness the Dali Lama? He doesn't agree with your version either, I'm sure, but does your religion condemn everyone else because they don't believe in the Moron Mormon angel Moroni?

What makes you better than anyone else dude? Because of your beliefs (which you think is right), or because of your actions?

I'm guessing the former, but hoping for the latter.

Don't judge Grandma she was my BEST friend, and maybe she didn't live up to all your expectations but she LOVED the Church that's why she lied to the visiting teachers, she wanted a recommend and didn't want to be judged about the coffee. Geez:evil:

Forum List

Back