Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters

*smirks* See, you are arrogant. I have not once said anything negative about the gospel of the Mormons, nor that the church is wrong for being the way it is, I only said bad things about you because you are being dishonest and misrepresenting the church. THAT is wrong, and pisses me off to no extent. I hate liars, and withholding the truth just to avoid looking bad is lying.

I love the pure gospel, the one before scum like you changed it.

Now here's a real Truthspeaker!

Lateef the Truthspeaker (born Lateef Daumont in Oakland, California) also known as The Truthspeaker or simply Lateef, is a hip-hop artist who is part of the groups Latyrx (with Lyrics Born) and Maroons AKA Lateef and the Chief (with Blackalicious' Chief Xcel). He was one of the founding members of the Solesides collective, which became Quannum Projects.[1]

He was raised in East Oakland, where his father was security detail for the Black Panthers. His mother was a Panther medic, who was a roommate and political associate of Angela Davis. [1]

Lateef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's nice

You are still not giving the full story though, like so many you are picking and choosing what to tell so you don't look bad. ALL religions have dark sides, the best are those who accept that, air it for all to see, and then move on, but instead you choose to bury it and pretend it does not exist. That is dishonest, and a sin for all religions.

I am out in the open again, armed only with truth but the sharks still steer clear of me. What questions exactly am I dodging? Bring it up again and I will copy and paste the answer I already gave.:razz:

You were't aware, so all this time you weren't trying to tear down my religion?....:woohoo: And all this time I thought you were. Silly me:eusa_wall:

Perhaps this is a step in the right direction for us one day to have a civil discussion:razz:

I'm trying to knock some sense into you so that we can have a decent conversation about faith. I oppose the Mormon stance on homosexuality--in particular, the Proposition 8 debacle. That's it.

I am not 'at war with' or an enemy of LDS.

If there is anything I am trying to tear down is the walls you have built around yourself that do not allow other people to get through.

You are disrespectful of other posters with different faiths, and you think the conversation should be all one sided--with you as the ultimate authority and everyone else as your chela.

A number of posters see your arrogance, you do not.

I understand. It's difficult to see your own flaws. Arrogance is what stands in your way of being an effective communicator for LDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, time for old school Mormon logic to take it's front seat. THAT is why the Mormon church has never done ANYTHING against gay men and women, because they are ignorant of the transgression. Of course the modern ones don't remember that unless it's convenient, such as defending their own lies or attacks on others. Though I know it's off topic, but it is the reason all the Mormons who are trying to lie about the gay marriages are completely WRONG and breaking their own laws. They WILL be punished for their own sins though, but this is the most current and probably best example of such folly.

Again your logic is not. Homosexuality has always been preached against. However since God loves all of them, and knows all the circumstances that caused them to be the way they are, in many cases they transgress ignorantly and the predators who convert them to this lifestyle will be punished instead. In many cases the scriptures point out that the sins of some will be answered upon the heads of others, who are more responsible. a sin is always punishable upon the knowledgeable head and not the ignorant one. That may have been way over your head.

I'm trying to knock some sense into you so that we can have a decent conversation about faith. I oppose the Mormon stance on homosexuality--in particular, the Proposition 8 debacle.

That's it.

If there is anything I am trying to tear down is the walls you have built around yourself that do not allow other people to get through.

You are disrespectful of other posters with different faiths, and you think the conversation should be all one sided--with you as the ultimate authority and everyone else as your chela.

The sad thing is that all the Mormons who opposed gay marriage are anti-Mormon. They are not true mormons because going against a minority group is the same as saying that their own struggle during the founding was pointless and that they should have been exterminated as those who attacked them wanted. Also it is a sin, claiming to know the will of their god is a very BIG sin, and one that is not forgiven. By assuming that their god doesn't want gay men and women to legally marry they condemed themselves to damnation. Also by blaming those ignorant of what they see as a sin they also broke another law in the gospel. No, those who claim to be mormon that oppose gay marriage are not and never will be Mormon, and as far as their own god is concerned they are no longer alive. Also, the Mormon marriage is different, the legal documents for the marriage are NOT that valuable to them except in divorces, taxes, and visitation rights in the hospital. To them only marriage in their temple counts, so logically allowing gays the legal right to marriage doesn't even effect them, and those who think otherwise are just arrogant again, and again it's a big sin to be arrogant.

Too bad for you Truthspeaker. KittenKoder is much smarter and knows more about LDS than you do.

Again your logic is not. Homosexuality has always been preached against. However since God loves all of them, and knows all the circumstances that caused them to be the way they are, in many cases they transgress ignorantly and the predators who convert them to this lifestyle will be punished instead. In many cases the scriptures point out that the sins of some will be answered upon the heads of others, who are more responsible. a sin is always punishable upon the knowledgeable head and not the ignorant one. That may have been way over your head.

This is where you are lying, though I suspect you are lying to yourself and in more ways than belief.

Too bad for you Truthspeaker. KittenKoder is much smarter and knows more about LDS than you do.

I suspect he was one of them and is trying to justify his breaking the gospels law hoping that maybe he can use the ignorance of the sin rule as an excuse. But his god won't allow that, those who he and others like him have wronged will have their day in the afterlife. It is said that those wronged by a person who has not repented to them personally will have to pay ten fold in the afterlife, according to the gospel. I believe it's threefold myself, but meh.

The sad thing is that all the Mormons who opposed gay marriage are anti-Mormon. They are not true mormons because going against a minority group is the same as saying that their own struggle during the founding was pointless and that they should have been exterminated as those who attacked them wanted. Also it is a sin, claiming to know the will of their god is a very BIG sin, and one that is not forgiven. By assuming that their god doesn't want gay men and women to legally marry they condemed themselves to damnation. Also by blaming those ignorant of what they see as a sin they also broke another law in the gospel. No, those who claim to be mormon that oppose gay marriage are not and never will be Mormon, and as far as their own god is concerned they are no longer alive. Also, the Mormon marriage is different, the legal documents for the marriage are NOT that valuable to them except in divorces, taxes, and visitation rights in the hospital. To them only marriage in their temple counts, so logically allowing gays the legal right to marriage doesn't even effect them, and those who think otherwise are just arrogant again, and again it's a big sin to be arrogant.

Fascinating. Your post rings true.

*smirks* See, you are arrogant. I have not once said anything negative about the gospel of the Mormons, nor that the church is wrong for being the way it is, I only said bad things about you because you are being dishonest and misrepresenting the church. THAT is wrong, and pisses me off to no extent. I hate liars, and withholding the truth just to avoid looking bad is lying.

I love the pure gospel, the one before scum like you changed it.

Arrogant is as arrogant does. You mean to say you didn't say one negative thing about the Mormons. You have done it at least a hundred times, two times by default in your signature which insults all religions. Where are your specifics. What am I lying about. It's been about 3 pages since anyone brought up specific questions or attacks that I answered. Since then it has been empty accusations of me lying or being arrogant. Where is your substance?

Arrogant is as arrogant does. You mean to say you didn't say one negative thing about the Mormons. You have done it at least a hundred times, two times by default in your signature which insults all religions. Where are your specifics. What am I lying about. It's been about 3 pages since anyone brought up specific questions or attacks that I answered. Since then it has been empty accusations of me lying or being arrogant. Where is your substance?
Kitten Koder hit the nail on the head. You are lying to yourself. You don't know yourself very well, and you do not demonstrate spiritual qualities. It is clear to anyone reading this thread that you appear arrogant and ambitious. You are only interested in one way conversation.

A dialogue is what the rest of us are interested in, not being preached to or converted.

Last edited by a moderator:

Admitting your sin is the first step to repentance. Now continue the path. My substance is the pure Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If any bishop or prophet saw what you posted here you would have been excommunicated a looong time ago. I am the prodigal, even my own mother begs me to return to teaching, but I say this to them, and I shall say it to you: Not until you repent for your arrogance.

Thing is Truthspeaker, while you and many like you have already committed one of the unforgivable sins there is still a place for you in the lower kingdom, if you repent for the rest of your vile sins.

I'm trying to knock some sense into you so that we can have a decent conversation about faith. I oppose the Mormon stance on homosexuality--in particular, the Proposition 8 debacle. That's it.

A number of posters see your arrogance, you do not.

I understand. It's difficult to see your own flaws. Arrogance is what stands in your way of being an effective communicator for LDS.

Well then let's be civil like you are trying to. My purpose in authoring this thread is clear. I would be happy to join a thread about The Truth about Buddhism. We can talk about that and I can ask you questions why you believe what you believe. I may disagree but will not try and tear down your faith. I feel I have been attacked constantly in this thread and so you must forgive me giving it back as good as I get it. Calm people have interjected from time to time and said that for the most part I am civil and informative. Maybe they are right. I certainly never claimed to be perfect. But what I do claim is that I can and have repeatedly declared the truth about mormons.

Admitting your sin is the first step to repentance. Now continue the path. My substance is the pure Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. If any bishop or prophet saw what you posted here you would have been excommunicated a looong time ago. I am the prodigal, even my own mother begs me to return to teaching, but I say this to them, and I shall say it to you: Not until you repent for your arrogance.

Thank you. :clap2:

Well then let's be civil like you are trying to. My purpose in authoring this thread is clear. I would be happy to join a thread about The Truth about Buddhism. We can talk about that and I can ask you questions why you believe what you believe. I may disagree but will not try and tear down your faith. I feel I have been attacked constantly in this thread and so you must forgive me giving it back as good as I get it. Calm people have interjected from time to time and said that for the most part I am civil and informative. Maybe they are right. I certainly never claimed to be perfect. But what I do claim is that I can and have repeatedly declared the truth about mormons.

Now, you whine like a victim? The truth about Mormons is that they are not generally as arrogant and condescending as you are.

Like it or not, I'm not going anywhere.

Forum List

Back