Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
Why aren't some of you ripping on the "left" or the "right" and blaming them for everything? Don't you know where you are? This is mandatory on all threads. $#^ I'm gonna report you

I havent noticed many people ripping left or right. Maybe im just not paying attention. I dont think reporting anyone is going to do anything. There really isnt a rule against it.

I think that was a little joke. Usually, message boards like this one are full of comments about the "right" or about the "left", usually meaning anyone who doesn't share the POV of the person doing the posting.

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

I chose friendly. Never met any crazy ones.

Just a reminder, Glen Beck is a mormon. That says everything about that "religion".

Sure does. It can change an alcoholic jerk without a penny to his name into a recovered, well respected, millionaire.

Not too bad if i do say so myself.

Just a reminder, Glen Beck is a mormon. That says everything about that "religion".

Sure does. It can change an alcoholic jerk without a penny to his name into a recovered, well respected, millionaire.

So now he is a dry drunk, still a jerk and has influence (even though he is an admitted clown) on people because he used to have a tv show. Its not all about money fool. Its about responsibility. Rush and hannity ring a bell? HOw do they sleep at night. They could make the same amount of money without all the lies. Its sickening.

When Fox says you are to crazy and fires you, it says so much. FOX! Damn. Fuck beck and fuck his cult.

Last edited:

So now he is a dry drunk, still a jerk and has influence (even though he is an admitted clown) on people because he used to have a tv show. Its not all about money fool. Its about responsibility. Rush and hannity ring a bell? HOw do they sleep at night. They could make the same amount of money without all the lies. Its sickening.

When Fox says you are to crazy and fires you, it says so much. FOX! Damn. Fuck beck and fuck his cult.

index.php

He still has a tv show. It's a two hour show. On his own station.

Glenn Beck Interview on GBTV and Whether He

He isn't lying.

So yeah. I think his transformation is pretty incredible, even if people like you want to lie about him.

Glenn Beck is a John Birch - Cleon Skousen clone from the Hard Right with a wack view of America, its history, its constitution, and its people. I like him personally, but never ever would let him run an Animal Control pound much less a small city. His pronouncements are astounding.

Glenn Beck is a John Birch - Cleon Skousen clone from the Hard Right with a wack view of America, its history, its constitution, and its people. I like him personally, but never ever would let him run an Animal Control pound much less a small city. His pronouncements are astounding.

I've made the comparison of GLenn Beck to Father Coughlin, who initally supported FDR, but then learned to love fascism.

I was reading from Teachings of the Presidents of the Church: Joseph Smith and this particular passage in the chapter on The Power of Forgiveness has impressed me today. I figured I'd share it.

In late 1838, William W. Phelps, who had been a trusted Church member, was among those who bore false testimony against the Prophet and other Church leaders, leading to their imprisonment in Missouri. In June 1840, Brother Phelps wrote to Joseph Smith, pleading for forgiveness. The Prophet Joseph replied: “I must say that it is with no ordinary feelings I endeavor to write a few lines to you in answer to yours of the 29th [of last month]; at the same time I am rejoiced at the privilege granted me.

“You may in some measure realize what my feelings, as well as Elder Rigdon’s and Brother Hyrum’s were, when we read your letter—truly our hearts were melted into tenderness and compassion when we ascertained your resolves, etc. I can assure you I feel a disposition to act on your case in a manner that will meet the approbation of Jehovah, (whose servant I am), and agreeable to the principles of truth and righteousness which have been revealed; and inasmuch as long-suffering, patience, and mercy have ever characterized the dealings of our heavenly Father towards the humble and penitent, I feel disposed to copy the example, cherish the same principles, and by so doing be a savior of my fellow men.

“It is true, that we have suffered much in consequence of your behavior—the cup of gall, already full enough for mortals to drink, was indeed filled to overflowing when you turned against us, one with whom we had oft taken sweet counsel together, and enjoyed many refreshing seasons from the Lord—‘had it been an enemy, we could have borne it.’ [See Psalm 55:12–14.] ‘In the day that thou stoodest on the other side, in the day when strangers carried away captive his forces, and foreigners entered into his gates, and cast lots upon [Far West], even thou wast as one of them; but thou shouldest not have looked on the day of thy brother, in the day that he became a stranger, neither shouldest thou have spoken proudly in the day of distress.’ [See Obadiah 1:11–12.]

“However, the cup has been drunk, the will of our Father has been done, and we are yet alive, for which we thank the Lord. And having been delivered from the hands of wicked men by the mercy of our God, we say it is your privilege to be delivered from the powers of the adversary, be brought into the liberty of God’s dear children, and again take your stand among the Saints of the Most High, and by diligence, humility, and love unfeigned, commend yourself to our God, and your God, and to the Church of Jesus Christ.

“Believing your confession to be real, and your repentance genuine, I shall be happy once again to give you the right hand of fellowship, and rejoice over the returning prodigal.

“Your letter was read to the Saints last Sunday, and an expression of their feeling was taken, when it was unanimously resolved, that W. W. Phelps should be received into fellowship.

“‘Come on, dear brother, since the war is past, For friends at first, are friends again at last.’”

This impresses you?

It just tells me that early Mormonism was a cult if they had this level of control over people...

Yes, being able to forgive friends who betray you to a degree that you get thrown in prison and the government decides to call for the extermination of your family is an impressive trait. It's not something most people could do, even if they follow Christ. It's an example of incredibly charity.

But youd understand if you felt God's love how it can be done and why it must be done. I would invite you to seek out God's love. Feel it for yourself. When you feel it your whole outlook will change for the better. Exercise faith in God and learn from Him. Give Him the opportunity to share His love with you.

You don't have to believe the Restored Gospel. God has given you free will to choose. But regardless of what you choose, seek the love of God. Life is too short not to feel God's love in our lives. And He isn't withholding it from anyone who seeks it. And you dont have to be Mormon to seek it. You can think of us as total nutjobs. But seek out God and His Christ. Find their love for you. Because it will truly change your life in ways you can't imagine.

I know God loves you. He loves me. He loves you. He loves everyone. He knows us all individually. We are His children. Doesnt matter if you believe it or not, but He does. And He is waiting for you to come to Him.

This impresses you?

It just tells me that early Mormonism was a cult if they had this level of control over people...

Yes, being able to forgive friends who betray you to a degree that you get thrown in prison and the government decides to call for the extermination of your family is an impressive trait. It's not something most people could do, even if they follow Christ. It's an example of incredibly charity.

But youd understand if you felt God's love how it can be done and why it must be done. I would invite you to seek out God's love. Feel it for yourself. When you feel it your whole outlook will change for the better. Exercise faith in God and learn from Him. Give Him the opportunity to share His love with you.

You don't have to believe the Restored Gospel. God has given you free will to choose. But regardless of what you choose, seek the love of God. Life is too short not to feel God's love in our lives. And He isn't withholding it from anyone who seeks it. And you dont have to be Mormon to seek it. You can think of us as total nutjobs. But seek out God and His Christ. Find their love for you. Because it will truly change your life in ways you can't imagine.

I know God loves you. He loves me. He loves you. He loves everyone. He knows us all individually. We are His children. Doesnt matter if you believe it or not, but He does. And He is waiting for you to come to Him.

I not only disbelieve in God, I find the notion offensive. that there is so much misery in the world, and a being can change these things, and doesn't? He lets the good suffer and the evil prosper, and that's all soooo cool with him. Your God is an offensive myth, and I happily reject it.

Now, for this Phelps character... Sorry, I kind of put this kind of up there with Gotti forgiving Sammy the Bull... A couple of crooks playing each other.

From Wiki-

"Phelps was excommunicated from the church on March 10, 1838 when he was accused of profiting from Far West land deals and reneging on a USD$2,000 subscription to "the house of the Lord" that was not paid. In June 1838, Phelps, Oliver Cowdery, David Whitmer, John Whitmer, and Lyman E. Johnson were warned out of Far West "or a more fatal calamity shall befall you."[3]

In Nauvoo, Phelps spoke out in favor of the destruction of an opposition newspaper, the Nauvoo Expositor. He believed that the city charter gave the church leaders power to declare the newspaper a nuisance. Shortly afterwards, the press and type were carried into the street and destroyed. Phelps was summoned to be tried for treason with Joseph Smith at Carthage, Illinois."

Yeah, swell guy.

Joseph Smith would not approve of Avatar4321's economic theories and would threaten him with being cut off from the church h espoused them publically.

Forum List

Back