Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
But they are silly rules that happen to be in the Holiest book of Christianity.

Christians like to pretend they aren't there. Or they give some excuse like "That's the Old Testament"

And people are still adhering to the silly rules or trying to get us all to obey them. There isn't an argument against gay marriage that doesn't eventually end with, "God thinks it's wrong".

Most of that is in the Old testament. The New Testament is supposed to supplant the old, unless you're Jewish. If you are, then you're stuck with not eating shellfish, or pork.

Now, I could happily do without eating shellfish, but I do like a good pork chop... but I digress.

There are Christian religions that have no problem with gay marriage. It all depends on your interpretation of the scriptures.

Well, I guess I have a problem with a supposedly perfect God who can't write a rulebook without getting 1000 interpretations and a hundred translation.

It makes me feel like that guy in the back row at the Sermon on the mount in "The Life of Brian" who hears "Blessed are the Cheesemakers!"

If god didn't write the Bible, does that mean there is no god?

To me, the strongest evidence of god is his creation, not ancient writings. The more you study the wonders of nature, the more it looks like the creation of intelligence as opposed to just random chance.

Most of that is in the Old testament. The New Testament is supposed to supplant the old, unless you're Jewish. If you are, then you're stuck with not eating shellfish, or pork.

Now, I could happily do without eating shellfish, but I do like a good pork chop... but I digress.

There are Christian religions that have no problem with gay marriage. It all depends on your interpretation of the scriptures.

Well, I guess I have a problem with a supposedly perfect God who can't write a rulebook without getting 1000 interpretations and a hundred translation.

It makes me feel like that guy in the back row at the Sermon on the mount in "The Life of Brian" who hears "Blessed are the Cheesemakers!"

If god didn't write the Bible, does that mean there is no god?

To me, the strongest evidence of god is his creation, not ancient writings. The more you study the wonders of nature, the more it looks like the creation of intelligence as opposed to just random chance.

His Creation is one of His greatest witnesses to mankind. The more I learn about life and the world around it and it's amazing complexities that work perfectly, the easier it becomes to believe that there is a God.

The only thing I can really think that is a stronger witness is the Holy Ghost. After all, how can you deny there is a God when He personally reveals Himself to you? It's a shame all don't seek to know God because I know He wants to reveal Himself to all. But too many dont prepare themselves or even try.

I've learned a lot on this thread. Much more than I would learn by watching the same you tube videos over and over again.

view check bump

125,000 views in last three days...50,000 in last 24 hrs with no replies...ya..that's normal.

Wow, that's more than half of the views for your thread.

See what you can do if you post interesting facts instead of the same music videos over and over??

JoeB, buddy, you waste our time about you whining about deity and religion and whatever nonsense that is percolating in your swiss-cheesed brain pan. But we put up with it, and you get to do the same with me. Hang in there, buddy.

Oooooh, looks like I hit a tender spot....

Actually, you're the only one whining about the discussions I put forward. Even liberals admit I put forth a sensible argument on my positions...

Now quit wasting my time unless you actually have something of substance to say..

JoeB tries the old and tired and ineffective "Oh, it's you in the mirror not me" as he holds it up pointing at himself. Until you can post something worthy, hey, hang in there anyway. It's your right to look silly.

view check bump

125,000 views in last three days...50,000 in last 24 hrs with no replies...ya..that's normal.

Clearly Huggy, you've got a big fan club and everyone is following you around alone. It has to be your popularity causing it.

I'm headed to SLC today. The plan is to watch Utah spank BYU at football this weekend. I'll think of you, Avatar. :)

I dont think spanking is involved in football;)

But im hoping that BYU wins. Who knows whether they will.

JoeB, buddy, you waste our time about you whining about deity and religion and whatever nonsense that is percolating in your swiss-cheesed brain pan. But we put up with it, and you get to do the same with me. Hang in there, buddy.

Actually, you're the only one whining about the discussions I put forward. Even liberals admit I put forth a sensible argument on my positions...

Now quit wasting my time unless you actually have something of substance to say..

JoeB tries the old and tired and ineffective "Oh, it's you in the mirror not me" as he holds it up pointing at himself. Until you can post something worthy, hey, hang in there anyway. It's your right to look silly.

I'm actually going to start ignoring you like everyone else does... because you're kind of just wasting my time now.

I'm actually going to start ignoring you like everyone else does... because you're kind of just wasting my time now.

I don't ignore him. He can get annoying though. No offense Jake lol

view check bump

Clearly Huggy, you've got a big fan club and everyone is following you around alone. It has to be your popularity causing it.

I'm concerned with the safety and integrity of the board. The number of views recently brought to this thread clearly have nothing to do with interest in Mormons. I believe it has more to do with the Google Key Word method of making bizarre and rude messages stick to the bottom of your page.

As much as I disagree with the fundamentals of Christianity and the LDS I don't think it is appropriate for yours and TruthSpeaker's thread to be attacked in this way.

I just read this. I wanted to share it with everyone. I find it a remarkable account.

Oh, and Huggy, I seriously doubt the safety and integrity of the message board is in danger. Especially not by the Latter-day Saints. We don't make a habit out of taking out boards, and if we did, Im sure we could find a more deserving board to take out.

I don't ignore him. He can get annoying though. No offense Jake lol

JoeB won't ignore me, you know that :lol: and no offense taken

Why aren't some of you ripping on the "left" or the "right" and blaming them for everything? Don't you know where you are? This is mandatory on all threads. $#^ I'm gonna report you

Why aren't some of you ripping on the "left" or the "right" and blaming them for everything? Don't you know where you are? This is mandatory on all threads. $#^ I'm gonna report you

I havent noticed many people ripping left or right. Maybe im just not paying attention. I dont think reporting anyone is going to do anything. There really isnt a rule against it.

Forum List

Back