Votes: 74 29.7%
  • Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:
1978. Really?

TS.... ?????

Was starting this thread in any way related to you getting your own planet? :confused:

Will you be populating your planet with black folks you met in South Africa?

I have a question but its more political in origin then religous, Christians own up to the Crusades and Muslims sometimes admit to Jihad but why is it that mormons never own up the things they have done?

I have a question but its more political in origin then religous, Christians own up to the Crusades and Muslims sometimes admit to Jihad but why is it that mormons never own up the things they have done?

What exactly do you think Mormons have to own up to?

Hey Truthspeaker, isn't facial hair frowned upon in the mormon church?

Brigham Young had one of those silly beard with no mustache things going, so it would surprise me if that were the case.

s%20Brigham%20Young%20cabinet%20card.1pk.jpg

Those who engaged in it were charged and prosecuted. Who else do you expect to take responsibility for it other than the ones who actually participated in it?

Brigham Young ordered it. Utah (Deseret) was a theocracy at the time, nothing happened that didn't come as an order from Young.

So no, those who engaged were not charged and prosecuted, just a few patsies.

Those who engaged in it were charged and prosecuted. Who else do you expect to take responsibility for it other than the ones who actually participated in it?

Brigham Young ordered it. Utah (Deseret) was a theocracy at the time, nothing happened that didn't come as an order from Young.

So no, those who engaged were not charged and prosecuted, just a few patsies.

No. He didn't. His letter to them specifically told them to leave the wagons be. The letter just arrived late. And, no utah wasn't a theocracy, it was a territory of the United States.

And lots of things happened that didnt come as orders from Young. We are talking about a vast territory without the benefits of telephones, telegraphs, easy communication or transportation. Most communities were completely self sufficient.

you mean like this MOUNTAIN MEADOWS MASSACRE
Total Articles: 23
The Mountain Meadow's Massacre was a dark chapter in Mormon history. More than 120 pioneers, families traveling from Arkansas to California in 1857, were attacked and slaughtered by Mormons at Mountain Meadows, a grassy oasis in southern Utah. Most of the victims, which included infants in their mothers' arms, were executed after the travelers surrendered their weapons. Mormonism has covered up the truth about the MMM.

Forum List

Back