• Bigoted

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Crazy

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Christian

Votes: 45 18.1%

• Total voters
the last 4 post are rationalizing....

Amazing what one can do when one actually thinks. You can look at things rationally and you don't need to rely on straw men.

But then, facts always are an anti-mormon's worst enemy. Which is precisely why they have to distort, misrepresent, fabricate, and gloss over them. Any excuse made to avoid studying the Doctrines of Christ and learning through the Spirit.

Much better to just hate.

Amazing what one can do when one actually thinks. You can look at things rationally and you don't need to rely on straw men.

But then, facts always are an anti-mormon's worst enemy. Which is precisely why they have to distort, misrepresent, fabricate, and gloss over them. Any excuse made to avoid studying the Doctrines of Christ and learning through the Spirit.

wrong! O self righteous yammerer.
studying the scriptures and comparing them to actual evidence is a major reason why I can state unequivocally that the LDS faith is sheer fantasy.

JoeB, you are what you are, have been since you been on the Board.

Actually, other than religion, you have some minor good points.

But as an atheist, you simply suck in its defense.

Actually, I mop the board with you theists....

Just most of you can't deal with the fact there are no Magic Sky Pixies...

Ive never heard anyone argue for any magic sky pixies.

God, Our Heavenly Father, on the other hand is very much real and a part of your life even if you ignore Him.

No, you give a "Magic Sky Pixie" more impressive titles, like

God
Lord
The Almighty

and so on.

but at the end of the day, he's a magic Sky Pixie who grants your wishes. or not. ANd if he doesn't, he had a darned good reason.

Sorry to hear that. Another illusion shattered.

Don't take Joe too seriously when he is talking about Mormons. He has never met one he doesnt love to hate. Not sure why. It's not really healthy.

Because basically, I don't like stupidity or fraud.

Joseph Smith pulled a fraud. Maybe at some point, he even deluded himself. But he wasn't talking to God. There were no Nephites.

Incidently, I was indifferent to you people until I had the bad luck to encounter some of you in the 1980's... and found out what backstabbing scumwads you are.

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

Why would an alleged Mormon open up a thread which was sure to be critical of the Mormon faith?

I have started this post because it still seems there are a lot of people out there that don't understand our religion. One thing I know I can do is clarify a lot misconceptions that people have.
I served a two year mission in South Africa, and I think I have pretty much heard it all. I actually would welcome some questions that I haven't heard before.
I know some of you aren't interested in what we really believe, but are only going to be interested in trying to trap me in my words, but that's ok. I welcome those attempts as well. Let's see what this develops into.:eusa_pray:

Why would an alleged Mormon open up a thread which was sure to be critical of the Mormon faith?

The reason is some people might have empathy.

studying the scriptures and comparing them to actual evidence is a major reason why I can state unequivocally that the LDS faith is sheer fantasy.

Self righteous? Any righteousness I have is because of Christ and Christ alone.

If anyone is self righteous in this thread, it is you my friend. You are the one who thinks you are superior. You're the one claiming you are smarter and better than us because you see through the "ruse". Regardless, let the Lord judge between you and me and do according to his will.

Study the scriptures and go to the Lord. He will teach you the truth of all things. He still loves you. Because if you have to rely on straw men, then you arent as secure in your evidence as you believe.

Sorry to hear that. Another illusion shattered.

Don't take Joe too seriously when he is talking about Mormons. He has never met one he doesnt love to hate. Not sure why. It's not really healthy.

Joseph Smith pulled a fraud. Maybe at some point, he even deluded himself. But he wasn't talking to God. There were no Nephites.

Incidently, I was indifferent to you people until I had the bad luck to encounter some of you in the 1980's... and found out what backstabbing scumwads you are.

You shouldn't hate yourself. it's not healthy

Maybe he hoped it would be respectful.

Of course, that requires people not lie about us.

Is that backed up by a money back guarantee?

The reason is some people might have empathy.
some people have six fingers too.

Self righteous? Any righteousness I have is because of Christ and Christ alone.

If anyone is self righteous in this thread, it is you my friend. You are the one who thinks you are superior. You're the one claiming you are smarter and better than us because you see through the "ruse". Regardless, let the Lord judge between you and me and do according to his will.

Study the scriptures and go to the Lord. He will teach you the truth of all things. He still loves you. Because if you have to rely on straw men, then you arent as secure in your evidence as you believe.
like I said, self righteous...
I've never said I was superior or even inferred it...
what I am, is a whole lot less needy and gullible then you.

Okay, that made no sense.

Forum List

Back