The two ends of the political spectrum are killing us

But we must not kid ourselves about the irreconcilable differences between us. We're not going to compromise our way out of this.

We better compromise our way out of this, or else we'll have a divided gov't that gets nothing done. In recent years Congress has managed to find compromises, few and far between though they are. But have we not always had irreconcilable differences from the get-go? I think the only way a country that practices a constitutional republic resolves issues short of violence and bloodshed is through compromise, give and take. Right now both sides want all take and no give, which is obviously untenable unless one side gets enough control to more or less eliminate the other from serious contention and you end up with a one-party gov't that could slide into a totalitarian state. Or we vacillate between one party to the other gaining control and the 1st thing they do is scrap everything the other party did when they take office. One hopes that eventually most people realize that the current status quo ain't working, but I suspect that ain't going to happen anytime soon.

Something so few can describe, and so many manipulate
Do hyperpartisans not understand that their behaviors and tactics only embolden the other end, causing these wild swings back and forth?
that is our history Mac...
Commitment to an ideology does tend to cloud thought processes.
yes
That's the way our "system" is set up.
yes, and it's totally corrupt
in this country the far right is anarchists,,,
as opposed to the far left libertarians?
what's the dif?
In a pluralistic society
good one!
but so few recognize this DB....
Or we vacillate between one party to the other gaining control
control of what?

i'm told Congress flipped a good dz times in the last 40 yrs

how'd that work out for your back pocket?

~S~

its someone like you who can only see and like and believe what you believe....no if ands or buts....if you dont like what i like if you dont believe what i believe ...fuck you...does that answer your question?...

"Far Right" used to mean "fascist" or "extreme ethnic nationalist". But over the years, it has simply become, for people on the Left, a term of abuse against any conservative.

For example: if you oppose unlimited immigration/Open Borders, you will get called "far Right". Donald Trump is called "far Right". It's now a meaningless term.
Doug1943 I’m pretty sure that’s what Harry means when he says “far right” but he knows he can’t really say that. It’s safer for him to say “it’s someone like you”.

that is our history Mac...

yes

yes, and it's totally corrupt

as opposed to the far left libertarians?
what's the dif?

good one!
but so few recognize this DB....

control of what?

i'm told Congress flipped a good dz times in the last 40 yrs

how'd that work out for your back pocket?

~S~
wrong,, far left is full authoritarian,,

libertarian is middle right,,,

remember the scale is based on freedom which in our case is level of government involvement in our personal lives,,,

“Your side“ needs to be executed one by one for Treason, Sedition or worse. None of you are recoverable or worth saving. You all support criminals destroying America by any neans necc. You cant be trusted or worked with.
Starting with MSM, then DC, then go thru Posters like you…..punishments for your transgressions to civiliation.
Quack quack quack.

To Govern anything ... Is to set Limits and Parameters ... And is not Freedom.
The Rights described in the Bill of Rights limited the Government for the most part.

"A Free person does not have to be told they are Free ...
Liberty is not granted, only exercised."

Here is American Airlines Flight 11 peacefully taking off on September 11, 2001:

american-11.jpg

Here is United Airlines Flight 175 peacefully taking off on September 11, 2001:

united-11.jpg

Here is United Airlines Flight 93 flying peacefully through the air on September 11, 2001:

united-airlines-flight-93.jpg

Here is American Airlines Flight 77 peacefully taking off on September 11, 2001:

]
American-77.jpg

Here is one of the so-called "terrorists" being allowed to board a flight by airport security!
]
911-terrorist.jpg

We can therefore conclude that the events we have all been told about 9/11 are lies!!! It was a peaceful day.

Political overcompensation is the new Great American Pastime.

A few years ago, some of us were warning the Left: You're going too far with Political Correctness and Identity Politics. You're going too far screaming RACIST at every last fucking thing that moves. You're going too far lowering standards and expectations for people based solely on their skin color. You're going too far in normalizing sexual disorders such as gender dysphoria. You're going too far in putting your agenda in schools. You're going too far in disallowing conservative voices on college campuses. And most of all, you're going too far in attacking, intimidating and penalizing people in everyday life for saying things you don't like.

There's going to be pushback, we said. You're overcompensating, we said. This stuff is not right, we said. I only said that a few thousand times here, to be met with attacks from the Left. (By the way, a zillion examples of that available upon request via the search function)

So now we see the pushback, with this Neanderthal, middle school bully-approach to the culture from the Right. This is the pushback we warned about -- although, admittedly, even worse than I imagined. And this sucker has legs, just like your weaponized PC and Identity Politics did. They're making laws and attacking and intimidating. Gee, what a coincidence. What Deja Vu we're seeing, huh? Go figure!

And most amazing of all, this pushback included the election of a petulant child, an obvious con man, an orange buffoon, in 2016, and all the fucking unbelievable madness that has followed.

No doubt there will be pushback to this, too. Back and forth. Back and forth. More and more damage.

Ideological politics poisons everything it touches. Now it's putting this country at risk of falling apart. Great job, gang. You're BOTH so much like those you hate, and you just won't stop.

The spike in violence started with Trump's campaign in 2015 and includes violence against black Jews gays Asians and Browns. whenever he had or has a rally the violence more than doubles in the area. what a disaster that guy is....

To Govern anything ... Is to set Limits and Parameters ... And is not Freedom.
The Rights described in the Bill of Rights limited the Government for the most part.

"A Free person does not have to be told they are Free ...
Liberty is not granted, only exercised."

You're a well rounded reasonable poster here Black one , so lemme lay it out and follow with your take on it

Patriots and Jingoists exist in two separate places in the dictonary

But most peeps can't describe the dif.......~S~

Here is American Airlines Flight 11 peacefully taking off on September 11, 2001:

american-11.jpg

united-11.jpg

Here is United Airlines Flight 93 flying peacefully through the air on September 11, 2001:

united-airlines-flight-93.jpg

Here is American Airlines Flight 77 peacefully taking off on September 11, 2001:

]
American-77.jpg

Here is one of the so-called "terrorists" being allowed to board a flight by airport security!
]
911-terrorist.jpg

We can therefore conclude that the events we have all been told about 9/11 are lies!!! It was a peaceful day.
Point taken G5000 ~S~

From the Housing bust (caused by Congres) to Russian collusion, GW hogwash, men breastfeeding, code pink, ANTIFA, BLM, Floyd, Trayvon, men pregnant, Election Fraud, Ukraine, Hunter…never ending. Mac side has been lying on every subject for decades. As they raid US Treasure and destroy the Nation. They must be stopped, punished.

your leaders ripped up SOTU Speech on NATL TV, also yelled at room of generals + President and ran off to CNN mics. Nary a peep outa your side.
you obsess about those imaginary scandals while your heroes Rob you and the country blind.

Shit. G5 left out the most important word.

"Mostly".

It was a "mostly" peaceful day.
Except for all the smashed windows and doors, shit smeared on the walls, congressional offices trashed, and over one hundred cops injured. While the president sat and jerked off as it happened.

Yeah. Okay.

Except for all the smashed windows and doors, shit smeared on the walls, congressional offices trashed, and over one hundred cops injured. While the president sat and jerked off as it happened.

I still don't care.

I care about the leftards who threatened MY children.

I don't even give a diminutive fuck about a few scared and inconvenienced Congress critters.

Whose approval rating is 9% in the first place.

Because they're rotten fucking bastards who support, encourage, AND FUND domestic terror.

Those assholes had it coming, and they still do.

Yeah. Okay.

Yeah.

Okay.

Political overcompensation is the new Great American Pastime.

A few years ago, some of us were warning the Left: You're going too far with Political Correctness and Identity Politics. You're going too far screaming RACIST at every last fucking thing that moves. You're going too far lowering standards and expectations for people based solely on their skin color. You're going too far in normalizing sexual disorders such as gender dysphoria. You're going too far in putting your agenda in schools. You're going too far in disallowing conservative voices on college campuses. And most of all, you're going too far in attacking, intimidating and penalizing people in everyday life for saying things you don't like.

There's going to be pushback, we said. You're overcompensating, we said. This stuff is not right, we said. I only said that a few thousand times here, to be met with attacks from the Left. (By the way, a zillion examples of that available upon request via the search function)

So now we see the pushback, with this Neanderthal, middle school bully-approach to the culture from the Right. This is the pushback we warned about -- although, admittedly, even worse than I imagined. And this sucker has legs, just like your weaponized PC and Identity Politics did. They're making laws and attacking and intimidating. Gee, what a coincidence. What Deja Vu we're seeing, huh? Go figure!

And most amazing of all, this pushback included the election of a petulant child, an obvious con man, an orange buffoon, in 2016, and all the fucking unbelievable madness that has followed.

No doubt there will be pushback to this, too. Back and forth. Back and forth. More and more damage.

Ideological politics poisons everything it touches. Now it's putting this country at risk of falling apart. Great job, gang. You're BOTH so much like those you hate, and you just won't stop.

American history is rife with periods of partisan extremism. We always seem to come to our senses eventually. That's why I have the quote from Charles MacKay in my signature. I have to have hope.

I lived through the 1960s, and that was a far worse time. Far worse. Countless political assassinations, hundreds of cities set on fire during race riots, lynchings and church bombings, a police riot at a national convention, terrorist bombings at the Capitol and police stations, etc., etc., etc.

And then you have the 1930s. Father Coughlin was the Tucker Carlson of his time. We had YUGE Nazi rallies at Madison Square Garden and YUGE Communist rallies at the same venue.

I have faith the "silent majority" will see us through. They spoke quite loudly in 2018, 2020, and 2022. The New Right is ignoring them at their peril. They are on the verge of permanent irrelevance if they don't wise up.

So have faith, Mac.

united-11.jpg

Liar ... That's not United Flight 175 ...
It is taking off on December 7, 2018 ... And on runway 16 at Zurich Airport.

You lied about American Airlines Flight 77 as well ...
Because that's 2010 and Miami Airport.

I get the point you were trying to make ...
Just pointing out where people can pretend things mean something they don't ...
If it serves or suits their purpose.

Last edited:
So have faith, Mac.
Faith and two dollars will buy you a cup of coffee.

I want BOTH parties to stop trampling on my boundaries. I don't care about their retarded agendas, I care about my boundaries.

Leftards don't understand this concept today, not even an iota. Righties have a glimmer but barely, insofar as they're closer to libertarian and closer to business. The hippies in the 60's USED TO understand this concept, cause back then THEY were the ones getting trampled on, and mom and pop in suburbia were relatively safe. Today it's the leftards are doing the VAST majority of the trampling, and they seem to be way too stupid to understand what they're doing, and oblivious to the consequences.

Shit. G5 left out the most important word.

"Mostly".

It was a "mostly" peaceful day.
So you hate lies of omission, do ya?

Remember that when you are watching Tucker Carlson prolifically lie by omission.

You've just been caught in a vortex of irony. Self-owned.

Forum List

Back