The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

Wikipedia? You must be shitting me!

As much as I dislike using wiki I only use it as a reference. The golden rule came from religion and through wiki there are many religious versions of the golden rule so how do you use the golden rule and keep religion out of it?

The golden rule is pre-religion...show us where you need a god or a belief in god to treat others like you yourself want to be treated.

As much as I dislike using wiki I only use it as a reference. The golden rule came from religion and through wiki there are many religious versions of the golden rule so how do you use the golden rule and keep religion out of it?

The golden rule is pre-religion...show us where you need a god or a belief in god to treat others like you yourself want to be treated.

According to who? I actually did some work on this subject when I was in college and if you want to assert that the so called Golden Rule pre-dates our acknowledged history, then you're the one who has to work to prove it, not me. Wikipedia isn't good enough, and your diarrhea of the mouth isn't good enough either.

pre religion? Yes. Pre God? No.

Like it or not your morality, and the morality of our nation comes from a Judea/Christian background. How else do you explain the difference in us and say China?

I don't wish to get involved in this thread; but those who claim our forefathers didn't have a Christian nation in mind when they formed our government are either misinformed, willfully ignorant, or just liars.

No, it doesn't. many of the Founders are on record as saying that Christians are bad for the country. Go chew on that for awhile, and then decide which ID you want to respond as you candyass.

According to who? I actually did some work on this subject when I was in college and if you want to assert that the so called Golden Rule pre-dates our acknowledged history, then you're the one who has to work to prove it, not me. Wikipedia isn't good enough, and your diarrhea of the mouth isn't good enough either.

Show us where you need a god or a belief in god to figure out how to treat others like you yourself want to be treated.

Like it or not your morality, and the morality of our nation comes from a Judea/Christian background. How else do you explain the difference in us and say China?

I don't wish to get involved in this thread; but those who claim our forefathers didn't have a Christian nation in mind when they formed our government are either misinformed, willfully ignorant, or just liars.

Sorry, but you are WRONG. Our Founders went out of their way to insure we had a secular government not tied to any religion including and especially Christianity in all its forms.

Sorry, but you are WRONG. Our Founders went out of their way to insure we had a secular government not tied to any religion including and especially Christianity in all its forms.

What you say is true but has NOTHING to do with what ConHog is saying....

The morality of our nation comes from a Judea/Christian background.
This is undeniable fact....

AND

Our Founders went out of their way to insure we had a secular government not tied to any religion.
Again, undeniable fact...

Neither statement is incompatible with the other...

Last edited:

What you say is true but has NOTHING to do with what ConHog is saying....

The morality of our nation comes from a Judea/Christian background.
This is undeniable fact....

AND

Our Founders went out of their way to insure we had a secular government not tied to any religion.
Again, undeniable fact...

Neither statement is incompatible with the other...

Exactly what is "morality of a nation"?
Where is that?

No, actually they did not. They went out of their way to insure that

A) There was no "state religion"
B) Everyone had a right to their own religion, or lack thereof - that simply isn't the same thing as saying they went out of their way to make sure we were a secular government.

I won't bore you with posting the millions of Biblical quotes from the founding fathers or multitude of Biblical pieces found in various government facilities, well unless you press it, then I will, but you are wrong.

We ABSOLUTELY were founded as a Christian nation, the founding fathers simply gave you the right to ignore the religion if you choose.

B) Everyone had a right to their own religion, or lack thereof - that simply isn't the same thing as saying they went out of their way to make sure we were a secular government.

I won't bore you with posting the millions of Biblical quotes from the founding fathers or multitude of Biblical pieces found in various government facilities, well unless you press it, then I will, but you are wrong.

We ABSOLUTELY were founded as a Christian nation, the founding fathers simply gave you the right to ignore the religion if you choose.

Name an American politician living or dead that has NEVER quoted the Bible.
That is what politicians do. The Founders were predominantly LAWYERS and politicians.
No where in any legal document anywhere is there any reference to us being founded as a Christian nation. Get over it. I am a Christian, the Founders were 98% Christian.
However, this nation was NOT founded on RELIGION.
Undisputed fact is that the Anglican church, the predominant church in America at that time as most of the Founders and colonists were Anglican, Episcopalian at the time. The Founders ran from that as the Colonial Episcopal church sided with the dam English.
The Founders wanted no part of that. The religous folks of that time sided with the Torries.
They wore a different jersey than the Founders.

The US government was never founded to endorse Christianity or to play favorites with religion.

That is what politicians do. The Founders were predominantly LAWYERS and politicians.
No where in any legal document anywhere is there any reference to us being founded as a Christian nation. Get over it. I am a Christian, the Founders were 98% Christian.
Undisputed fact is that the Anglican church, the predominant church in America at that time as most of the Founders and colonists were Anglican, Episcopalian at the time. The Founders ran from that as the Colonial Episcopal church sided with the dam English.
The Founders wanted no part of that. The religous folks of that time sided with the Torries.

Name an American politician who hasn't quoted the Bible? Hmm that would seem to prove MY case that we were indeed founded as a Christian nation.

The rest of your post is a mess. 55% of the founding fathers were Episcopalian, why would they have ran from their own religion? What they ran from was telling people "you MUST belong to this religion" That is ALL they meant by separation of Church and state. Later misreadings aside. But on PRINCIPLES they were all agreed. This nation was founded on the morals taught in the Bible.

Simple analogy. I am a Christian, I raised my family in a christian atmosphere, but they are free to believe as they see fit, well within reason since they are children of course. They can choose not to believe in God if they wish but that doesn't mean that this isn't a Christian home.

Same as.................

No, it doesn't. many of the Founders are on record as saying that Christians are bad for the country. Go chew on that for awhile, and then decide which ID you want to respond as you candyass.

As you said yourself, it's your job to prove that or we'll just assume you have the previously mentioned mouth diarrhea.

"Christians are bad for the country" according to our founders. Go ahead and find the quotes that support that.

Jackass.
:eusa_liar::cuckoo::lol:

And the reason you take personal shots out of the blue are....? Defensive?

Name an American politician who hasn't quoted the Bible? Hmm that would seem to prove MY case that we were indeed founded as a Christian nation.

The rest of your post is a mess. 55% of the founding fathers were Episcopalian, why would they have ran from their own religion? What they ran from was telling people "you MUST belong to this religion" That is ALL they meant by separation of Church and state. Later misreadings aside. But on PRINCIPLES they were all agreed. This nation was founded on the morals taught in the Bible.

Simple analogy. I am a Christian, I raised my family in a christian atmosphere, but they are free to believe as they see fit, well within reason since they are children of course. They can choose not to believe in God if they wish but that doesn't mean that this isn't a Christian home.

Same as.................

It's called catering to the masses.

The US government was never founded to endorse Christianity or to play favorites with religion.

Who said it was or we did?

But the fact of the matter is, the founders were Christian, and the country was founded on CHRISTIAN principles.

You can throw strawmen up all you like. Doesn't change the fact.

As you said yourself, it's your job to prove that or we'll just assume you have the previously mentioned mouth diarrhea.

"Christians are bad for the country" according to our founders. Go ahead and find the quotes that support that.

Jackass.
:eusa_liar::cuckoo::lol:

Well, what he had MEANT to say was

"Christians disapprove of my gay druggie lifestyle and also don't like my hippie girifriends getting abortions when they are too fucking stupid to use birth control on a regular basis, and that pisses me off so I'm going to jump on the "we're not a Christian nation" bandwagon."

And yes, he's a moron. I really think it's Sangha, very similar "debate style"

Founding fathers making quotes and biblical references on buildings are not legally binding

You can provide direct references of US laws to Christian priciples...that is what this thread is about

Who said it was or we did?

But the fact of the matter is, the founders were Christian, and the country was founded on CHRISTIAN principles.

You can throw strawmen up all you like. Doesn't change the fact.

Most of the founders were Christians of one form or another, but the country was based on Enlightenment principles...not Christian principles.....they saw what running things based on Christianity had done to Europe and they didn't like it one bit.

Forum List

Back