The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

Are you one of those vampire types that recoils in horror whenever someone flashes a cross....? :lol:

See, that's the funny thing about hyperbole....have you any indication that any of us here do recoil at the sight of someone wearing a cross?

heh....i doubt you do....being an old vampire who's developed some immunity.....:lol:

Ah, I see. If you have nothing, you go personal. Gotcha. :eusa_eh: Is that a fundamentalist christian trait, or just yours?

Last edited:
Deism was the prevailing philosophy of our founding fathers. It is well documented. Deism is a belief in God based on reason and nature.

Jefferson, Franklin, and the men who framed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were anticlerical Deists.... They created America as an experiment in democracy, freedom and humanism.

It's well documented that they looked to the bible as the blueprint for freedom.

Really, what part of the Bible shows freedom...the kind of freedom incorporated in our Constitution?

Please point out the chapters, verses, or books. TIA

Are you one of those vampire types that recoils in horror whenever someone flashes a cross....? :lol:

and THAT is why I think you cons are scum.....

there we were
having a conversation

you stating something completely untrue....
(with NO evidence to back it up)

me correcting you with reality

and then YOU resorting to attacks and insults....

gosh
my
how..."conservative"...of you.....

I have no problem with MOST christians.
MOST christians are NOT ....like you...

MOST christians are moderates (or even liberals)

MOST christians are NOT trying to impose theiur reliogious beliefs on everyone...

my problem, is with the group of christians ARE trying to impose their religion on everyone...

Of course you think cons are scum....you are an idiot librul....when someone starts by claiming i've got things "backasswards" and claiming that "nobody" is attempting to ban the expression of Christmas i know i am dealing with a librul halfwit...

There may be some fringe Christian groups (quite minor) that want to "dominate"....they are not any threat....but you libruls sure know how to shriek and scream and make a MOUNTAIN out of a molelhill....

...however the FACT is there is a MUCH LARGER group of people ....called progressive secularists....that are ANTI-Christian....what is your position on them.....pray tell...?

...or don't you libruls have any concern about religious freedom when it comes to Christians....?

"Of course you think cons are scum....you are an idiot librul"

no no no

my being a "librul idiot"
has NOTHING to do with why I think cons like you are scum....

(you stupid person, you)

the reason I think cons (like you) are SCUM is because;

a. cons HATE everyone who isn't a deranged conservative lunatic
b. cons MOCK and RIDICULE everyone who isn't a deranged conservative lunatic
c. cons smell
d. cons resort to personal attacks when they can't use logic
e. cons HAVE NO LOGIC so they ALWAYS resort to personal attacks
f. cons stink
g. cons blame ALL the problems in America on liberals
h. cons REFUSE to accept any responsibility for the problems in America
I with cons it is alwasy "attack! hate! blame! accuse! deny!...repeat often..."

"....when someone starts by claiming i've got things "backasswards" and claiming that "nobody" is attempting to ban the expression of Christmas i know i am dealing with a librul halfwit..."

you DO have things "assbackwards"

could you list any evidence that "libruls" are attempting to BAN the words "merry christmas"

what?
NO!?!?!?

you CAN'T!!!!!!!

because you have NO EVIDENCE!?

"There may be some fringe Christian groups (quite minor) that want to "dominate"....they are not any threat....but you libruls sure know how to shriek and scream and make a MOUNTAIN out of a molelhill...."

I see
"some" fringe groups

like...bill oreilly and sean hannity and rush limbaugh and fox news?

like pat robertson and the christian coalition?

fringe groups?

too small to be any threat?

my my...

you are truly a deranged lunatic

poor pathetic little you

"...however the FACT is there is a MUCH LARGER group of people ....called progressive secularists....that are ANTI-Christian....what is your position on them.....pray tell...?"

much larger group?

could you show some stats?
some evidence
any proof?

look

try to follow the FACTS;

85% of the population is CHRISTIAN

I will assume that ONLY NON_christians would be ANTI-christian

that means that at most 15% of the population is ANTI-christian

and I know for a fact that most of those people are NOT anti-christian

disbelief in god and disassociation with religion does NOT AUTOMATICALLY make someone ANTI-CHRISTIAN (I must say...it takes a very stupid person to make THAT deranged leap of logic..."if you are NOT a christian then you are ANTI-CHRISTIAN!")

more: the FRINGE groups of christians that you dismiss so readily have tv and radio stations ALL OVER the country

I get 5 tv stations with RIGHT WING EVANGELICAL preaching
I get 3 radio stations with the same content

s'far as I can tell those progessive secularists dont' have ANY tv or radio stations...

pat robertosn claims to have 20-30 milion followers
ALMOST ALL of whom agree with him on his EXTREME positions

"...or don't you libruls have any concern about religious freedom when it comes to Christians....? "

see
there you go again
making up lies

I am an atheist
I believe all people have a right to worship ANY GOD or NO GOD at all
I believe liberal and moderate christians are relatively decent people
I believe that right wing evangelical christians are a threat to MY freedom
I believe you are an idiot

See, that's the funny thing about hyperbole....have you any indication that any of us here do recoil at the sight of someone wearing a cross?

heh....i doubt you do....being an old vampire who's developed some immunity.....:lol:

Ah, I see. If you have nothing, you go personal. Gotcha. :eusa_eh: Is that a fundamentalist christian trait, or just yours?

Whatsamatta....can't take a joke....?

I have plenty....and I'm not even a fundy......go figure....

btw....did you say something that merited an intelligent repsonse...?

there we were
having a conversation

gosh
my

MOST christians are NOT trying to impose theiur reliogious beliefs on everyone...

my problem, is with the group of christians ARE trying to impose their religion on everyone...

Of course you think cons are scum....you are an idiot librul....when someone starts by claiming i've got things "backasswards" and claiming that "nobody" is attempting to ban the expression of Christmas i know i am dealing with a librul halfwit...

There may be some fringe Christian groups (quite minor) that want to "dominate"....they are not any threat....but you libruls sure know how to shriek and scream and make a MOUNTAIN out of a molelhill....

...however the FACT is there is a MUCH LARGER group of people ....called progressive secularists....that are ANTI-Christian....what is your position on them.....pray tell...?

...or don't you libruls have any concern about religious freedom when it comes to Christians....?

no no no

(you stupid person, you)

c. cons smell
f. cons stink

"....when someone starts by claiming i've got things "backasswards" and claiming that "nobody" is attempting to ban the expression of Christmas i know i am dealing with a librul halfwit..."

could you list any evidence that "libruls" are attempting to BAN the words "merry christmas"

what?
NO!?!?!?

you CAN'T!!!!!!!

"There may be some fringe Christian groups (quite minor) that want to "dominate"....they are not any threat....but you libruls sure know how to shriek and scream and make a MOUNTAIN out of a molelhill...."

I see
"some" fringe groups

fringe groups?

my my...

poor pathetic little you

"...however the FACT is there is a MUCH LARGER group of people ....called progressive secularists....that are ANTI-Christian....what is your position on them.....pray tell...?"

much larger group?

some evidence
any proof?

look

try to follow the FACTS;

disbelief in god and disassociation with religion does NOT AUTOMATICALLY make someone ANTI-CHRISTIAN (I must say...it takes a very stupid person to make THAT deranged leap of logic..."if you are NOT a christian then you are ANTI-CHRISTIAN!")

more: the FRINGE groups of christians that you dismiss so readily have tv and radio stations ALL OVER the country

s'far as I can tell those progessive secularists dont' have ANY tv or radio stations...

"...or don't you libruls have any concern about religious freedom when it comes to Christians....? "

see
there you go again
making up lies

I am an atheist

And here it is folks......a nice display of the librul secularist progressive verbal diarrhea....

No evidence...? Read from even wiki....
"In recent decades, public, corporate, and government mention of the term "Christmas" during the Christmas and holiday season has declined and been replaced with a generic term— usually "holiday(s)" or "winter"— to avoid referencing the holiday by name. In addition, popular non-religious aspects of Christmas, such as Christmas carols and decorated trees, are still prominently showcased and recognized, but are vaguely associated with unspecified "holidays" rather than with Christmas."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_controversy

There are plenty of anti-Christian activities by the secular progressive Left in recent years....or don't you vampy types get out much....?

PS....if those radio stations bother you so much.....all you need to do is turn the knob....:lol:

Last edited:
Deism was the prevailing philosophy of our founding fathers. It is well documented. Deism is a belief in God based on reason and nature.

Jefferson, Franklin, and the men who framed the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were anticlerical Deists.... They created America as an experiment in democracy, freedom and humanism.

It's well documented that they looked to the bible as the blueprint for freedom.

Really, what part of the Bible shows freedom...the kind of freedom incorporated in our Constitution?

Please point out the chapters, verses, or books. TIA

You obviously didn't read post #292...(page 20)

Last edited:

there we were
having a conversation

gosh
my

no no no

(you stupid person, you)

c. cons smell
f. cons stink

what?
NO!?!?!?

you CAN'T!!!!!!!

I see
"some" fringe groups

fringe groups?

my my...

poor pathetic little you

much larger group?

some evidence
any proof?

look

try to follow the FACTS;

see
there you go again
making up lies

I am an atheist

If right wing fundamentalist push that everyone who isn't like them are automatically anti-Christian...if they had governmental power, how long before bad things start happening to people not like them?

This is a Christmastime letter to liberals.....but still it's appropriate here because it addresses the anti-Christian sentiment that liberals typically voice in their thousands of threads like this one...

By stating the FACT that this Country is not based on Christianity, how is that being anti-Christian? Who has advocated getting rid of Christianity and Christians in this country? Please name them and link their posts from those thousands of threads you refer to.

Spoken like a typical Euroweenie.....and if you are not aware of the constant leftist attack on Christianity...you are just not aware...

And the FACT IS... this country DOES have its roots based in Christianity.....here are some examples....

Listed below are a few principles or ideals to which the Founders adhered. Given immediately following each one are passages showing Judeo-Christian roots of that principle and then passages reflecting the use of the principle in America's founding documents. This list is by no means meant to be exhaustive, but only to exemplify the concept that America's Founding ideals have their roots in Judeo-Christian tradition. It should not be surprising that the Bible is quoted often as the source of the Founders' thinking for studies have shown the Bible is by far the most often quoted source in all of the publications and speeches of the founding era.

Principle: Reliance on the Providence of God

Judeo-Christian Roots

"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee. O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 54:10 - 17)

American Founding Ideal:

"We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states; .. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor." (Declaration of Independence. See also John Eidsmoe, Christianity and the Constitution, Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, MI, 1987, pp. 355-377)

Principle: Law of God forms basis of good human laws

Judeo-Christian Roots

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. (Psalms 19:7 - 8)

American Founding Ideal:

"Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be." John Adams, February 22, 1756 (Federer, William J., America's God and Country Encyclopedia Of Quotations , FAME Publishing, Coppell, Texas, 1994, p.5)

"These laws laid down by God are the eternal immutable laws of good and evil .... This law of nature dictated by God himself, is of course superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries, and at all times: no human laws are of any validity if contrary to this...

"The doctrines thus delivered we call the revealed or divine law, and they are to be found only in the holy scriptures ... [and] are found upon comparison to be really part of the original law of nature. Upon these two foundations, the law of nature and the law of revelation, depend all human laws; that is to say, no human laws should be suffered to contradict these. William Blackstone (Federer, p.52)

Principle: Religion and Morality form basis of Liberty

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof." (Leviticus 25:10)

"Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbor: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 34:17)

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

American Founding Ideal:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams (Federer, p. 10)

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible" George Washington (Federer, p.660)

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.... And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion ... Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail to the exclusion of religious principle." George Washington's Farewell Address

Principle: The Equality of Man

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Ye shall not respect [discriminate against] persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it." (Deuteronomy 1:16-17)

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect [discriminate against] the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor." (Leviticus 19:15)

"God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34)

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

American Founding Ideal:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Declaration of Independence

"No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States" U.S. Constitution, Art. I, Sec. 9, Paragraph 8)

Principle: God-Given Human Rights

Judeo-Christian Roots

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:27 - 28)

"Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet.. (Exodus 20:13-17)

American Founding Ideal:

".that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." (Declaration of Independence)

Principle: Government authority by Consent of the Governed

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Judges and officers shalt thou make thee in all thy gates, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, throughout thy tribes: and they shall judge the people with just judgment." (Deuteronomy 16:18)

"Take you wise men, and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you.. So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes." (Deuteronomy 1:13 - 15)

American Founding Ideal:

".governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." (Declaration of Independence)

"The United States shall guarantee to every state in this Union a republican form of government" (U.S Constitution, Art. IV, Section 4)

Principle: Sanctity of Contract

Judeo-Christian Roots

"If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth." (Numbers 30:2)

American Founding Ideal:

"No state shall.pass any. law impairing the obligation of contracts." (U.S Constitution, Art. I, Section 10, Paragraph 1)

Principle: Separation of Church and State

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Render therefore unto Cæsar the things which be Cæsar's, and unto God the things which be God's." (Luke 20:25)

American Founding Ideal:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. (First Amendment, U.S. Constitution)

more at
Judeo-Christian Roots of America's Founding Ideals and Documents

Seriously? :lol::lol::lol: That's what you call a distinct connection?

no no no

(you stupid person, you)

c. cons smell
f. cons stink

what?
NO!?!?!?

you CAN'T!!!!!!!

I see
"some" fringe groups

fringe groups?

my my...

poor pathetic little you

much larger group?

some evidence
any proof?

look

try to follow the FACTS;

see
there you go again
making up lies

I am an atheist

And here it is folks......a nice display of the librul secularist progressive verbal diarrhea....

No evidence...? Read from even wiki....
"In recent decades, public, corporate, and government mention of the term "Christmas" during the Christmas and holiday season has declined and been replaced with a generic term— usually "holiday(s)" or "winter"— to avoid referencing the holiday by name. In addition, popular non-religious aspects of Christmas, such as Christmas carols and decorated trees, are still prominently showcased and recognized, but are vaguely associated with unspecified "holidays" rather than with Christmas."
Christmas controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are plenty of anti-Christian activities by the secular progressive Left in recent years....or don't you vampy types get out much....?

PS....if those radio stations bother you so much.....all you need to do is turn the knob....:lol:

Shocking tho it may seem to you....not everyone celebrates Christian Christmas in December...there are other holidays too. So, explain to us how being more inclusive of ALL celebrating in December is such a horrible thing to Christians? Or is this just MORE evidence that if you guys had political control of our government, the rest of us would be up shit creek without a paddle?

By stating the FACT that this Country is not based on Christianity, how is that being anti-Christian? Who has advocated getting rid of Christianity and Christians in this country? Please name them and link their posts from those thousands of threads you refer to.

Spoken like a typical Euroweenie.....and if you are not aware of the constant leftist attack on Christianity...you are just not aware...

And the FACT IS... this country DOES have its roots based in Christianity.....here are some examples....

Listed below are a few principles or ideals to which the Founders adhered. Given immediately following each one are passages showing Judeo-Christian roots of that principle and then passages reflecting the use of the principle in America's founding documents. This list is by no means meant to be exhaustive, but only to exemplify the concept that America's Founding ideals have their roots in Judeo-Christian tradition. It should not be surprising that the Bible is quoted often as the source of the Founders' thinking for studies have shown the Bible is by far the most often quoted source in all of the publications and speeches of the founding era.

Principle: Reliance on the Providence of God

Judeo-Christian Roots

"For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee. O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee. Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake. Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy. No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD. (Isaiah 54:10 - 17)

American Founding Ideal:

"We, therefore, the representatives of the United States of America, in General Congress assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the name, and by authority of the good people of these colonies, solemnly publish and declare that these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states; .. And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our fortunes, and our sacred honor." (Declaration of Independence. See also John Eidsmoe, Christianity and the Constitution, Baker Book House, Grand Rapids, MI, 1987, pp. 355-377)

Principle: Law of God forms basis of good human laws

Judeo-Christian Roots

"The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes. (Psalms 19:7 - 8)

American Founding Ideal:

"Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book, and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited! Every member would be obliged in conscience, to temperance, frugality, and industry; to justice, kindness, and charity towards his fellow men; and to piety, love, and reverence toward Almighty God ... What a Eutopia, what a Paradise would this region be." John Adams, February 22, 1756 (Federer, William J., America's God and Country Encyclopedia Of Quotations , FAME Publishing, Coppell, Texas, 1994, p.5)

"These laws laid down by God are the eternal immutable laws of good and evil .... This law of nature dictated by God himself, is of course superior in obligation to any other. It is binding over all the globe, in all countries, and at all times: no human laws are of any validity if contrary to this...

"The doctrines thus delivered we call the revealed or divine law, and they are to be found only in the holy scriptures ... [and] are found upon comparison to be really part of the original law of nature. Upon these two foundations, the law of nature and the law of revelation, depend all human laws; that is to say, no human laws should be suffered to contradict these. William Blackstone (Federer, p.52)

Principle: Religion and Morality form basis of Liberty

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof." (Leviticus 25:10)

"Ye have not hearkened unto me, in proclaiming liberty, every one to his brother, and every man to his neighbor: behold, I proclaim a liberty for you, saith the Lord." (Jeremiah 34:17)

"If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

"And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:32)

American Founding Ideal:

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams (Federer, p. 10)

"It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible" George Washington (Federer, p.660)

"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports.... And let us with caution indulge the supposition that morality can be maintained without religion ... Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail to the exclusion of religious principle." George Washington's Farewell Address

Principle: The Equality of Man

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him. Ye shall not respect [discriminate against] persons in judgment; but ye shall hear the small as well as the great; ye shall not be afraid of the face of man; for the judgment is God's: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it unto me, and I will hear it." (Deuteronomy 1:16-17)

"Ye shall do no unrighteousness in judgment: thou shalt not respect [discriminate against] the person of the poor, nor honor the person of the mighty: but in righteousness shalt thou judge thy neighbor." (Leviticus 19:15)

"God is no respecter of persons (Acts 10:34)

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. (Galatians 3:28)

American Founding Ideal:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal." Declaration of Independence

"No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States" U.S. Constitution, Art. I, Sec. 9, Paragraph 8)

Principle: God-Given Human Rights

Judeo-Christian Roots

"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. (Genesis 1:27 - 28)

"Thou shalt not kill. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour. Thou shalt not covet.. (Exodus 20:13-17)

American Founding Ideal:

".that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." (Declaration of Independence)

Principle: Government authority by Consent of the Governed

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Judges and officers shalt thou make thee in all thy gates, which the LORD thy God giveth thee, throughout thy tribes: and they shall judge the people with just judgment." (Deuteronomy 16:18)

"Take you wise men, and understanding, and known among your tribes, and I will make them rulers over you.. So I took the chief of your tribes, wise men, and known, and made them heads over you, captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, and captains over fifties, and captains over tens, and officers among your tribes." (Deuteronomy 1:13 - 15)

American Founding Ideal:

".governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." (Declaration of Independence)

"The United States shall guarantee to every state in this Union a republican form of government" (U.S Constitution, Art. IV, Section 4)

Principle: Sanctity of Contract

Judeo-Christian Roots

"If a man vow a vow unto the Lord, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth." (Numbers 30:2)

American Founding Ideal:

"No state shall.pass any. law impairing the obligation of contracts." (U.S Constitution, Art. I, Section 10, Paragraph 1)

Principle: Separation of Church and State

Judeo-Christian Roots

"Render therefore unto Cæsar the things which be Cæsar's, and unto God the things which be God's." (Luke 20:25)

American Founding Ideal:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof. (First Amendment, U.S. Constitution)

more at
Judeo-Christian Roots of America's Founding Ideals and Documents

Seriously? :lol::lol::lol: That's what you call a distinct connection?

Why not?

Were our founding fathers roots from the Koran? No.
The Upanishads? No.
The I Ching? No.
The Tao-te-ching? No.

Our founding fathers got inspiration from the Bible...as well as from philosophers of the Renaissance...

Last edited:
Getting where? It's an historical fact that the Christian founding fathers of this country purposely established a secular government that allows for the free practice of religion....that in no way declared the people of our country to be Secularists...

The "Christian victim mentality" is a direct product of the anti-Christian agenda growing within our country....led by the communist et al statist lefties....banning stupid things like saying Merry Christmas is simply attacking our heritage and culture and the reality that most Americans are Christian....it is not "protecting" our government from theocracy...instead it is actually restricting our free practice of religion...

Yes, Islam is a theocratic relgion which is a threat to our secular government.....but so is "Secularism"....which one could say is the "religion" of the Left...

...haven't you ever wondered why the Lefties and Islam are in bed together....?

"The "Christian victim mentality" is a direct product of the anti-Christian agenda growing within our country....led by the communist et al statist lefties....banning stupid things like saying Merry Christmas is simply attacking our heritage and culture and the reality that most Americans are Christian...."

actually
you have it assbackwards

NOBODY has banned the words "meryr christmas"

however

there is a contingency of deranged conservatives (there's a shock)
who are actively working to ban any words that are NOT "merry christmas"

try saying "happy holidays" to a conservative and then feel his wrath

Exactly...I read a post a few years back from someone who admittedly screamed at a group of High Schoolers at a Barnes and Noble who were offering Holiday Present wrapping...their sign said Holiday Present Wrapping, not Christmas Present Wrapping.....

God forbid Barnes and Noble be allowed to wrap a Hannukah present.

Christian nationalists believe in a revisionist history, which holds that the founders were devout Christians who never intended to create a secular republic; separation of church and state, according to this history, is a fraud perpetrated by God-hating subversives. One of the foremost Christian revisionist historians is David Barton, who , in addition to running an organization called Wallbuilders that disseminates Christian nationalist books, tracts and videos, is also the vice-chairman of the Texas Republican Party. The goal of Christian nationalist politics is the restoration of the imagined Christian nation. As George Grant, former executive director of D. James Kennedy's influential Coral Ridge Ministries, wrote in his book "The Changing of the Guard:"
"Christians have an obligation, a mandate, a commission, a holy responsibility to reclaim the land for Jesus Christ -- to have dominion in civil structures, just as in every other aspect of life and godliness.
But it is dominion we are after. Not just a voice.
It is dominion we are after. Not just influence.
It is dominion we are after. Not just equal time.
It is dominion we are after.
World conquest. That's what Christ has commissioned us to accomplish."

In the Christian nationalist vision of America, non-believers would be free to worship as they choose, as long as they know their place. When Venkatachalapathi Samuldrala became the first Hindu priest to offer an invocation before Congress, the Family Research Council issued a furious statement that reveals much about the America they'd like to create:

"While it is true that the United States of America was founded on the sacred principle of religious freedom for all, that liberty was never intended to exalt other religions to the level that Christianity holds in our country's heritage...Our founders expected that Christianity -- and no other religion -- would receive support from the government as long as that support did not violate peoples' consciences and their right to worship. They would have found utterly incredible the idea that all religions, including paganism, be treated with equal deference."
Talk To Action | What is Christian nationalism?

Ah...those Dominionists. They also want to create their own country...in South Carolina, I believe.

I thought it was Texas. Let Texas secede.
http://www.goddiscussion.com/26936/christian-dominionists-lies-for-jesus-and-the-schoolbook-changes/

Last edited:
Deism is not Judeo-Christianity. We are NOT a Christian nation. If we were we would be a theocracy.

Most of the people you call Deists called themselves Christian. Are you another of those idiots that think only their definition of Christian is appropriate?

bodecea said:
Shocking tho it may seem to you....not everyone celebrates Christian Christmas in December...there are other holidays too. So, explain to us how being more inclusive of ALL celebrating in December is such a horrible thing to Christians? Or is this just MORE evidence that if you guys had political control of our government, the rest of us would be up shit creek without a paddle?
Shocking tho it may seem to you....but Christmas is a NATIONAL HOLIDAY...

Federal holidays in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Deism is not Judeo-Christianity. We are NOT a Christian nation. If we were we would be a theocracy.

Most of the people you call Deists called themselves Christian. Are you another of those idiots that think only their definition of Christian is appropriate?

Which Founding Fathers are you refererencing? The intent of the Consitution was to leave God out. Only one reference to not making religion a requirement for public office.

Last edited:

They called themselves Christians. No one else, except God, has any right to question their claims about their beliefs. Are you now claiming to speak for Him? If so, I will lump you in with Neubarth and scoff at everything you say.

Forum List

Back