The U.S. NOT founded upon Christianity

PS...my understanding is that the Third Reich is the regime, not the country.

The country was Germany.

Not that this has squat to do with the foundation of the US. Just more dishonest trolling by Bod.

The Third Reich was more than Germany, it included the countries of Austria and the Sudadenland (sp?) area of Czechslovakia.

It was a new country made up of bits of some old countries.

So...if the leaders are Christian...and they say in writing and in speeches their country is based on Christian tenets....does that make it so?

The Third Reich was NEVER a country of any sort you dishonest troll.

Also, no NAZI EVER claimed that their party (not country) was founded on Christian tenets.

1. The Third Reich was most certainly a country...a rather short lived country, but it was a country.

2. And Hitler most certainly DID claim that his mission and the mission of the Third Reich was Christian.

Here:

Hitler's Christianity

There's a great deal in there...some about Hitler thinking his own personal Christian mission was...some that he thought his country's Christian principles were. He didn't just refer to his Christianity and his newly founded country's Christianity once or twice either.

BTW, stating that one is working for God in eradicating Jews is not exactly indicative of applying Christian tenets in the formation of a new country.

Nice try, though. And that site is a great anti-Christian site. Way to go! You're winning!

And I am baffled...so are you saying that because Hitler claimed to be working at the behest of God, that the US can't have been founded on Christian tenets?

What a maroon.

The Third Reich was more than Germany, it included the countries of Austria and the Sudadenland (sp?) area of Czechslovakia.

So...if the leaders are Christian...and they say in writing and in speeches their country is based on Christian tenets....does that make it so?

Also, no NAZI EVER claimed that their party (not country) was founded on Christian tenets.

1. The Third Reich was most certainly a country...a rather short lived country, but it was a country.

2. And Hitler most certainly DID claim that his mission and the mission of the Third Reich was Christian.

Here:

Hitler's Christianity

There's a great deal in there...some about Hitler thinking his own personal Christian mission was...some that he thought his country's Christian principles were. He didn't just refer to his Christianity and his newly founded country's Christianity once or twice either.

You are of course WRONG on both counts.

A) The Third Reich was NOT a country. The Third Reich was the government of Hitler's that briefly ruled not only Germany but several other countries.

B) A website is of course proof of nothing. You pick a subject and then pick a side and I can show you a website which purports to support that view.

And I am baffled...so are you saying that because Hitler claimed to be working at the behest of God, that the US can't have been founded on Christian tenets?

What a maroon.

This guy is the master deflector , I'll give him that. He lies, spins, makes things up, changes the subject ANYTHING to get out of facing facts that don't fit his agenda.

It would be sad to go through life so inflexible that you can't even admit to an error.

Here:

Hitler's Christianity

Your website is a bit suspect and I would question its reliability. However, Hitler did indeed touch on some Christian themes in the early 20's when he first waded into politics. Germany was after all a Christian nation comprised of mostly Lutherans and Roman Catholics, and no politician could profess Atheism or anti-Christian sentiments and hope to gain any traction. Why do you think Obama was so eager to be seen as a Christian and not a Muslim?

But the fact is, Hitler had rejected Roman Catholicism as a youth and there is a lot of speculation on what religious views he actually held, if any. There is only passing reference to Christianity or religion in Mein Kampf and that is focused on an "Aryan God" that should guide all policy.

Reading Derek Hastings exhaustive anaylsis of Hitler and the Third Reich shows a Hitler who was possibly a believer up to his trial and imprisonment in 1924, but he came under some negative influences at that time. There is no doubt that Hitler was strongly opposed to Christianity by the time the Third Reich was formed and for its duration.

What a maroon.

I would guess that Bod's point is that just because some of the founders claimed to be forming the country on Christian principles doesn't make it so, just as any claims of Christian principles by Hitler would be untrue.

This is a map of WWII Europe. I can't find the nation of Third Reich anywhere.

world-war-2.jpg

What a maroon.

I would guess that Bod's point is that just because some of the founders claimed to be forming the country on Christian principles doesn't make it so, just as any claims of Christian principles by Hitler would be untrue.

Except that Hitler never claimed to be a Christian

Oh, also. WHy is the guy so willing to believe that every founding father that claims we were founded on Christian tenets was lying ; but the SINGLE example we can find of him claiming that we weren't (The Treaty of Tripoli) he wants to believe as 100% FACT and in fact RIDICULED the idea that the treaty included that simply as an appeasement to Muslims?

Because he's full of shit and ignorant of history, that's why.

Well give Bod a break here as Wiki and the infamous online Diction does describe The Third Reich as the German State from 1933 to 1945. So somebody only informed by the never entirely trustworthy Wikipedia network would draw that conclusion.

The Encyclopedia Brittanica, a far more reliable source in my opinion, defines The Third Reich as:

Third Reich, official Nazi designation for the regime in Germany from January 1933 to May 1945, as the presumed successor of the medieval and early modern Holy Roman Empire of 800 to 1806 (the First Reich) and the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 (the Second Reich).

And this too, while not actually making the Third Reich a country, does not completely negate Bod's argument either. More wrong than right though.

Last edited:
Well give Bod a break here as Wiki and the infamous online Diction does describe The Third Reich as the German State from 1933 to 1945. So somebody only informed by the never entirely trustworthy Wikipedia network would draw that conclusion.

The Encyclopedia Brittanica, a far more reliable source in my opinion, defines The Third Reich as:

Third Reich, official Nazi designation for the regime in Germany from January 1933 to May 1945, as the presumed successor of the medieval and early modern Holy Roman Empire of 800 to 1806 (the First Reich) and the German Empire from 1871 to 1918 (the Second Reich).

And this too, while not actually making the Third Reich a country, does not completely negate Bod's argument either. More wrong than right though.

Hitler NEVER referred to Germany the country as the Third Reich, he envisioned The Third Reich encompassing FAR more than just Germany.

He is wrong , and rather than just saying " I was wrong guys" he continues, all the while accusing other people of being wrong about things.

It's just more obfuscation meant to divert people from the fact that America was, in fact, founded on Christian values.

It's just more obfuscation meant to divert people from the fact that America was, in fact, founded on Christian values.

It seems like more than that to me. It is just plain childish. Who can't admit to a simple error and would rather just keep claiming the same claims over and over?

Hitler NEVER referred to Germany the country as the Third Reich, he envisioned The Third Reich encompassing FAR more than just Germany.

He is wrong , and rather than just saying " I was wrong guys" he continues, all the while accusing other people of being wrong about things.

And you know this.....how?

Can anyone explain why certain posters here are allowed to assert that country A is founded on Christian principles because its founders were Christian and they said/wrote that they followed Christian principles.

But Country B is NOT founded on Christian principles even tho IT'S founders were Christian and they said/wrote that they followed Christian principles?

What's up with that?

Can anyone explain why certain posters here are allowed to assert that country A is founded on Christian principles because its founders were Christian and they said/wrote that they followed Christian principles.

But Country B is NOT founded on Christian principles even tho IT'S founders were Christian and they said/wrote that they followed Christian principles?

What's up with that?

I know that Hitler never referred to Germany the country as the Third Reich for the same reason I know that Hitler never claimed the NAZIS were Christians, because there is not a single instance where he ever said either one. NOT ONE.

On the other hand, we have NUMEROUS examples of our founding fathers calling the US a nation founded on Christian principles, yet you ignore each and every one of them.

This is my last response to you, because I don't argue with children. Admit to the errors you've made in this thread and we can converse.

What's up with that?

I know that Hitler never referred to Germany the country as the Third Reich for the same reason I know that Hitler never claimed the NAZIS were Christians, because there is not a single instance where he ever said either one. NOT ONE.On the other hand, we have NUMEROUS examples of our founding fathers calling the US a nation founded on Christian principles, yet you ignore each and every one of them.

This is my last response to you, because I don't argue with children. Admit to the errors you've made in this thread and we can converse.

You didn't look at the source I linked...did you? That's the only reason you'd say such a wrong statement as I bolded.

Forum List

Back