🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The United States IS a Christian Nation

America IS a christian nation, that's the problem. Jesus was a big fan of aircraft carriers and nukes and for sure would have wanted the US to attack as many countries as possible, and to occupy as many other countries as possible, while their army priests go forth and spread jesus' message of love at the end of a gun barrel. Isn't that what christianity is all about?

Damn Skippy

America IS a christian nation, that's the problem. Jesus was a big fan of aircraft carriers and nukes and for sure would have wanted the US to attack as many countries as possible, and to occupy as many other countries as possible, while their army priests go forth and spread jesus' message of love at the end of a gun barrel. Isn't that what christianity is all about?

Only for Republican Christians.

The US is not a Christian nation, sorry, Christian for one is someone who follows the Bible and is first baptized into Christ and has their sins washed away. Just because someone proclaims Christianity doesn't mean one is a Christian, and it that context the US is not a Christian nation.

Yo.............BassHole..................you are not a Christian, no matter how much you may state you are.

And.........based on the above post, you're anti American as well.

Get the fuck outta my country cocksucker.

The US is not a Christian nation, sorry, Christian for one is someone who follows the Bible and is first baptized into Christ and has their sins washed away. Just because someone proclaims Christianity doesn't mean one is a Christian, and it that context the US is not a Christian nation.

Yo.............BassHole..................you are not a Christian, no matter how much you may state you are.

The Basshole is a cocksucker? I was thinking more a butt pirate. He likes to talk all the time....I don't think having a dick in his mouth would work out very well for him.

Jb why did you have to revive this topic?
evil-laugh.jpg
1115159449Evil%20Laugh.jpg

Damn Skippy

:lol: wtf does that mean?

Because "God" is a proper noun, denoting the Christian God, while "Nature's God" or the god of nature, refers to any God who might exist. It's a gesture toward inclusion of people whose gods might not be referred to as "God".

I'm curious as to what evidence you have that the Founders interpreted it that way, simply because you, over two hundred years later, interpret it that way.

They really didn't avoid endorsing Christianity, and certainly not to be inclusive to non-Christian religions, because those virtually did not exist in the US at that time. What they were trying to avoid was a federal endorsement of any SPECIFIC Christian group, primarily because they didn't want the federal government interfering in the individual STATES endorsing specific churches. You do know that there were several states which had official churches at that time, don't you? From the perspective of the people of the US in 1787, "different religions" meant Baptist, Episcopalian, and Catholic, not Christian, Buddhist, and Muslim.

Yes, I know about the state endorsed churches, since more than half the states were essentially founded by different sects seeking to go off and form their own communities. And the Treaty of Tripoli would seem to suggest that the founders didn't think our nation had any problem with Muslims, or "musselmen" as they called them at the time.

America is a nation composed primarily of Christians. It is also a nation composed primarily of Caucasians. But that does not make America a "Christian nation" any more than it makes America a "Caucasian nation".

Well, actually, it does.

It does? simple majority of population is all it takes to make America a "christian nation"? why is that?

That entire post, and you respond to ONE LINE?

Actually, our democracy is based upon BIBLICAL tenets. Hence "all men created equal" by GOD.....

And we have separation of church and state thanks to CHRISTIANS, i.e., the BAPTISTS, who felt strongly that in order to protect FREEDOM OF RELIGION it was necessary.

Haha, where does it say "all men created equal" in the Bible?

Before or after the rules governing the treatment of slaves?

Which makes me wonder, does God still believe in slavery?
Or did he change his mind about it (careful... if he did, he ain't perfect)

The Bible mentions slavery. It doesn't endorse slavery. I guess in YOUR lexicon, being aware that something exists is tantamount to approving of it.

But I guess that would make sense to anyone simpleminded enough to think "created equal" means "born into and existing in exactly the same circumstances". :rolleyes:

As for "all men are created equal" arising from the Bible and Christianity, the Bible tells us many times that we are all the children of God, and that God loves us all. Christians are smart enough to extrapolate from that that we are each of equal importance and value in the eyes of God, aka "created equal". I'm very sorry that you couldn't get that on your own.

Actually, our democracy is based upon BIBLICAL tenets. Hence "all men created equal" by GOD.....

And we have separation of church and state thanks to CHRISTIANS, i.e., the BAPTISTS, who felt strongly that in order to protect FREEDOM OF RELIGION it was necessary.

Haha, where does it say "all men created equal" in the Bible?

Before or after the rules governing the treatment of slaves?

Which makes me wonder, does God still believe in slavery?
Or did he change his mind about it (careful... if he did, he ain't perfect)

The Bible mentions slavery. It doesn't endorse slavery. I guess in YOUR lexicon, being aware that something exists is tantamount to approving of it.

But I guess that would make sense to anyone simpleminded enough to think "created equal" means "born into and existing in exactly the same circumstances". :rolleyes:

As for "all men are created equal" arising from the Bible and Christianity, the Bible tells us many times that we are all the children of God, and that God loves us all. Christians are smart enough to extrapolate from that that we are each of equal importance and value in the eyes of God, aka "created equal". I'm very sorry that you couldn't get that on your own.

The problem with those that believe in mysticism usually know very little about it. How many know that Judaism, Islam and Christianity were all founded by the same guy. He didn't found three religions, but only one.

Christians who are slaves should give their masters full respect so that the name of God and his teaching will not be shamed. If your master is a Christian, that is no excuse for being disrespectful. You should work all the harder because you are helping another believer by your efforts. Teach these truths, Timothy, and encourage everyone to obey them. (1 Timothy 6:1-2 NLT)

That doesn't sound like an endorsement? WTF? Sounds like one to me.

Slaves, obey your earthly masters with deep respect and fear. Serve them sincerely as you would serve Christ. (Ephesians 6:5 NLT)

And those from the New Testament. And don't give us that crap that slave didn't mean slave. It was slave all right.

Old Testament:

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way. (Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)

This isn't about slavery, or is it?

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT) If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

Aren't you the one that didn't know anything about science?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong. Jesus told slaves to be good slaves and obey their owners.

Why do theists always lie?
As for "all men are created equal" arising from the Bible and Christianity, the Bible tells us many times that we are all the children of God, and that God loves us all

Only in the NT, which is known to contain forgeries. The OT maeks it clear that there are two races: the jewish supermen who come from David and God's chosen people, and the subhuman gentiles.

Christians have only lies to defend their holy book

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are 20 gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
— Thomas Jefferson, circa 1781

'...[N]o religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United State'
-US Constitution. Article Six

"Religious institutions that use government power in support of themselves and force their views on persons of other faiths, or of no faith, undermine all our civil rights. Moreover, state support of an established religion tends to make the clergy unresponsive to their own people, and leads to corruption within religion itself. Erecting the 'wall of separation between church and state,' therefore, is absolutely essential in a free society."
— Thomas Jefferson

Christianity neither is, nor ever was, a part of the common law.
  • Vol. 1 Whether Christianity is Part of the Common Law (1764). Published in The Works of Thomas Jefferson in Twelve Volumes, Federal Edition, Paul Leicester Ford, ed., New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons, 1904,, p. 459.
A Man compounded of Law and Gospel, is able to cheat a whole Country with his Religion, and then destroy them under Colour of Law
-Ben Franklin

The Bass is a *REAL CHRISTIAN*[was baptized into the body of Christ and required by the Bible] and the Bass isn't anti-American moron, stating that this country is not a Christian country because as a whole it doesn't follow the Bible is not being anti-America, troll on squid.

JB is not a Christian and apparently Bass does not follow the Christ either.

So do the Satanists. I wish you knew Christ. You would not be so angry. Neither would Avatar.

Forum List

Back