The US Leads the World in Mass Shootings

Sorry...the numbers I posted from Mother Jones, the rabidly anti gun mag on mass shootings...some were from the wrong column...here are the right numbers.

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Sooooo....

How many deaths on average according to Mother Jones...anti gun, uber left wing Mother Jones.......each year, well less than 100.

2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369
Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208

Accidental drowning.....3,391

Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Accidental gun deaths 2013......505

Those are the numbers of deaths from mass shootings in the United States.....and even in the big year, 2012, they didn't break 100 deaths by criminals.

How many guns are there in American hands....320 million.

How many guns are carried by Americans for self defense....12.8 million.

Last edited:
Deaths by American mass shooters never break 75 people a year...in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands and over 12.8 million people carrying guns for self defense...

75 people.....out of 320 million people.

They can't help it everything about a progressive is misguided... That is what happens when a person has little to no common sense.

See hope and change

"The US Leads the World in Mass Shootings"

As it falls far behind affording comprehensive mental healthcare to its citizens – mental health treatment that would help prevent mass shootings.

It amazes me how we don't have the discussion of how Canada, Australia, Japan and other developed, industrialized countries don't have this problem.

We have had that discussion here all the time....Australia is starting to have gun problems, big ones, their criminals are beginning to use guns more and more.....Canada...a homogenous population but their gangs get guns easily as well....and Japan, no one in the United States would permit the police and prosecutors to have the power the Japanese give them...do you want to be stopped police and searched whenever they feel like it...do you want your home search 2 times a year and whenever the police feel like it....do you mind having attorny's withheld from prisoners, forced confessions and judges who don't care about coerrced confessions...that is how Japan does it.

Link?

I have known several people, including myself, who have either lived in Japan or worked there (me) and I've never heard anyone say the police search their homes twice a year.

There was a lot of suicide during their market crash in 2000, though.

Deaths by American mass shooters never break 75 people a year...in a country of over 320 million people with over 320 million guns in private hands and over 12.8 million people carrying guns for self defense...

75 people.....out of 320 million people.

I guess it depends on how we look at murder, whether it's a mass murder or just one person.
From the latest data (2013) compiled by the CDC: (FastStats)

All homicides
  • Number of deaths: 16,121
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.1
Firearm homicides
  • Number of deaths: 11,208
  • Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.5

Gee, that "75" number of yours is sure looking good.

Ebola arrives on American shores in 2014 and we managed to stop it in its tracks after five people are infected.
We can stop people from using bacteria to kill each other but we can't stop them from using bullets.

"The US Leads the World in Mass Shootings"

As it falls far behind affording comprehensive mental healthcare to its citizens – mental health treatment that would help prevent mass shootings.

Ya, when are electing crazy presidents...

See hope and change

School shootings were invented by blacks... And stolen by the white men.
Chris Rock

Muslims don't need guns to mass murder... Bombs will do just fine.

See hope and change

Your actual point is meaningless since abortion is legal and not considered murder.
So what you need to do is post here just what other rights and privileges under law a fetus/zygote has that is equal to or supersedes a human's. Do it or shut your intellectually lazy ass up.
The left doesn't call it a baby until it's delivered. So it's a fetus one second, a baby the next. Now if the pregnant liberal woman is stabbed and the fetus is killed, someone killed her baby.

Leftists are stark raving mad. They make no sense at all.

As defined by the Merck Manual, which is the standard bearer for scientific definition, that is correct: Stages of Development of the Fetus - Women s Health Issues

But that doesn't mean pro-abortion advocates think a fetus can be aborted up until the day of delivery either. That's propaganda that keeps idiots like you from having a close, personal relationship with reality.
That isn't what I said except perhaps in the alternative reality you type to us Earthlings from.

Your actual point is meaningless since abortion is legal and not considered murder.
So what you need to do is post here just what other rights and privileges under law a fetus/zygote has that is equal to or supersedes a human's. Do it or shut your intellectually lazy ass up.
The left doesn't call it a baby until it's delivered. So it's a fetus one second, a baby the next. Now if the pregnant liberal woman is stabbed and the fetus is killed, someone killed her baby.

As defined by the Merck Manual, which is the standard bearer for scientific definition, that is correct: Stages of Development of the Fetus - Women s Health Issues

But that doesn't mean pro-abortion advocates think a fetus can be aborted up until the day of delivery either. That's propaganda that keeps idiots like you from having a close, personal relationship with reality.
That isn't what I said except perhaps in the alternative reality you type to us Earthlings from.

It's exactly what you said: "So it's a fetus one second, a baby the next."

It's exactly what you said: "So it's a fetus one second, a baby the next."
Exactly. In the mother it's a fetus, cut the stomach open, take it out and it's a baby. That's isn't exactly consistent.

Toro, I'm not sure why this upsets you.

Big corporations are making huge bucks selling weapons to people who have no business having them. They increase sales by instilling fear, and they instill fear by making sure that crazy people and criminals have easy access to weapons.

Being the cheerleader for plutocracy that you are, you should have no problem with this, any more than you have a problem sending american jobs off to be done by Child Labor in some third world shit hole.

Those of us with humanity have a real problem with it of course, but I'm not sure why you do.

50/50 that we one day read headlines from Chicago about you shooting up a Mormon church.
Or better yet.....an NBC affiliate........

If people started attacking news stations these copy-cat shootings would stop.

It amazes me how we don't have the discussion of how Canada, Australia, Japan and other developed, industrialized countries don't have this problem.

We have had that discussion here all the time....Australia is starting to have gun problems, big ones, their criminals are beginning to use guns more and more.....Canada...a homogenous population but their gangs get guns easily as well....and Japan, no one in the United States would permit the police and prosecutors to have the power the Japanese give them...do you want to be stopped police and searched whenever they feel like it...do you want your home search 2 times a year and whenever the police feel like it....do you mind having attorny's withheld from prisoners, forced confessions and judges who don't care about coerrced confessions...that is how Japan does it.

Link?

I have known several people, including myself, who have either lived in Japan or worked there (me) and I've never heard anyone say the police search their homes twice a year.

There was a lot of suicide during their market crash in 2000, though.

tjey have yearly home visits.....

Japan: Gun Control and People Control

The Japanese police do not spend all their time in the koban boxes. As the Japanese government puts it: "Home visit is one of the most important duties of officers assigned to police boxes." Making annual visits to each home in their beat, officers keep track of who lives where, and which family member to contact in case of emergency. The police also check on all gun licensees, to make sure no gun has been stolen or misused, that the gun is securely stored, and that the licensees are emotionally stable.

Gun banners might rejoice at a society where the police keep such a sharp eye on citizens' guns. But the price is that the police keep an eye on everything.

Policemen are apt to tell people reading sexually-oriented magazines to read something more worthwhile. Japan's major official year-end police report includes statistics like "Background and Motives for Girls' Sexual Misconduct." In 1985, the police determined that 37.4% of the girls had been seduced, and the rest had had sex "voluntarily." For the volunteers, 19.6% acted "out of curiosity", while for 18.1%, the motive was "liked particular boy." The year-end police report also includes sections on labor demands, and on anti-nuclear or anti-military demonstrations.

amd more on the way Japanese culture..not their gun control keeps their gun murder rate down...

Robbery in Japan is about as rare as murder. Japan's annual robbery rate is 1.8 per 100,000 inhabitants; America's is 205.4. Do the gun banners have the argument won when they point to these statistics? No, they don't. A realistic examination of Japanese culture leads to the conclusion that gun control has little, if anything, to do with Japan's low crime rates. Japan's lack of crime is more the result of the very extensive powers of the Japanese police, and the distinctive relation of the Japanese citizenry to authority. Further, none of the reasons which have made gun control succeed in Japan (in terms of disarming citizens) exist in the U.S.

The Japanese criminal justice system bears more heavily on a suspect than any other system in an industrial democratic nation. One American found this out when he was arrested in Okinawa for possessing marijuana: he was interrogated for days without an attorney, and signed a confession written in Japanese that he could not read. He met his lawyer for the first time at his trial, which took 30 minutes.

Unlike in the United States, where the Miranda rule limits coercive police interrogation techniques, Japanese police and prosecutors may detain a suspect indefinitely until he confesses. (Technically, detentions are only allowed for three days, followed by ten day extensions approved by a judge, but defense attorneys rarely oppose the extension request, for fear of offending the prosecutor.) Bail is denied if it would interfere with interrogation.

Even after interrogation is completed, pretrial detention may continue on a variety of pretexts, such as preventing the defendant from destroying evidence. Criminal defense lawyers are the only people allowed to visit a detained suspect, and those meetings are strictly limited.

Partly as a result of these coercive practices, and partly as a result of the Japanese sense of shame, the confession rate is 95%.

For those few defendants who dare to go to trial, there is no jury. Since judges almost always defer to the prosecutors' judgment, the trial conviction rate for violent crime is 99.5%.
Of those convicted, 98% receive jail time.

In short, once a Japanese suspect is apprehended, the power of the prosecutor makes it very likely the suspect will go to jail. And the power of the policeman makes it quite likely that a criminal will be apprehended.

A claim made only by those who enjoy the benefit of not being aborted, for the purpose of rationalizing the ending of a human life.

If you want to afford fetuses and zygotes full rights and access to the same laws and rules as humans, then you need to figure out a way to get them registered to vote and pay taxes. Or else sit down and shut up.
OBVIOUS straw-man, Cupcake.

If you can't refute my actual point, just sit down and keep your own pie hole shut.

Thank you!
A claim made only by those who enjoy the benefit of not being aborted, for the purpose of rationalizing the ending of a human life.

If you want to afford fetuses and zygotes full rights and access to the same laws and rules as humans, then you need to figure out a way to get them registered to vote and pay taxes. Or else sit down and shut up.
OBVIOUS straw-man, Cupcake.

If you can't refute my actual point, just sit down and keep your own pie hole shut.

Thank you!

What? The "actual point" that you fabricated (out of straw) for me? That one?

Update: 11:58 AM EST
Still waiting.
Sorry about your retarded luck, Cupcake. You're going to wait forever, because I am under no obligation what-so-ever to defend any point, argument, or position that you arbitrarily assign to me.

If you can't refute my actual point, keep your own intellectually lazy pie hole shut.

Thank you!

I've assigned you the task of thinking beyond right wing talking points and you can't.
As you like to say, thank you!

Is it fun being a member of the same group who also thinks the world is only 6000 years old?
I remain under no obligation what-so-ever to defend any point, argument, or position that you arbitrarily assign to me.

You can assign me whatever task you like, you can attempt to pigeonhole me into any group you lime. But I have to say your ironic lack of self awareness is just hilarious.

If you can't refute my actual point, keep your own intellectually lazy pie hole shut.

Thank you!

The remains gun control has and will never save a life... Control being the key word.

Common sense is rare

Forum List

Back