The US Leads the World in Mass Shootings

The shooting in Oregon reinforces one thing - the US leads the world in mass shootings.
Looks like you need some perspective...

~300,000,000 guns in the US.
8142 gun related murders in the US, 2014.
~99.997286 % of the guns in the US were NOT used to murder anyone.

There you go.

50/50 that we one day read headlines from Chicago about you shooting up a Mormon church

Naw, we don't have Mormon Temples in IL. Not since we shot that child molesting Piece of Shit Joseph Smith like the dog he was.

But duly noted you didn't answer my point. Why are you bothered by this? A big corporation is making an obscene profit. This should be great news for you, right?

If the shooter had shot up a group of Mormon kids, you'd be applauding.

Because that's who you are.

Naw, I'd still call for more gun control.

Man, guy, you've been nursing this butthurt for four years now. I don't even talk about the Mormons at this point. Romney was crushed, that was all the revenge on their cult I need.

Man, guy, you've been nursing this butthurt for four years now. I don't even talk about the Mormons at this point. Romney was crushed, that was all the revenge on their cult I need.

More gun control is so 90's... We should hope for things work.

That, and you still blacklist Mormons.

That, and you still blacklist Mormons.

Darn straight. Can't trust those fuckers....

And you've been nursing that butthurt for 34 years.

I consider it "lessons learned'. When someone belongs to a fucked up cult started by a creep who fucked teenage girls, and they really, really, really truly believe that guy was talking to God, you just can't do business with that level of crazy.

The shooting in Oregon reinforces one thing - the US leads the world in mass shootings.

The researchers counted 23 mass shootings in 13 European nations plus Russia from 2000 to 2014, with a total of 203 deaths. During that time, the U.S. saw 133 shootings and 487 dead, resulting in a 0.15 mass shooting fatality rate per 100,000 residents, according to their tally. Separately, U.S. federal authorities have reported an increase in mass shooting in recent years.​

The article cites stricter gun control laws in the UK, Australia and Canada after mass shootings, which were then followed by declines in massacres.

Ms. Schildkraut said U.S. lawmakers should be wary of trying to mimic gun-control laws abroad. “Our culture of violence is such that our needs are not the same,” she said. “To expect solutions that work in those other countries to work here is not exactly realistic.” ...

Adam Lankford, an associate professor at the University of Alabama Department of Criminal Justice, who studied mass shootings around world from 1966 to 2012, found that countries with higher rates of gun ownership recorded more mass shooters per capita. ...

The U.S. represents less than 5% of the 7.3 billion global population but accounted for 31% of global mass shooters 1966 to 2012, more than any other country ...​

U.S. Leads World in Mass Shootings

13 European countries plus Russia equals the world?

I think the Middle East, Africa and Asia might have something to say about that.

The researchers counted 23 mass shootings in 13 European nations plus Russia from 2000 to 2014, with a total of 203 deaths. During that time, the U.S. saw 133 shootings and 487 dead, resulting in a 0.15 mass shooting fatality rate per 100,000 residents, according to their tally. Separately, U.S. federal authorities have reported an increase in mass shooting in recent years.​

The article cites stricter gun control laws in the UK, Australia and Canada after mass shootings, which were then followed by declines in massacres.

Ms. Schildkraut said U.S. lawmakers should be wary of trying to mimic gun-control laws abroad. “Our culture of violence is such that our needs are not the same,” she said. “To expect solutions that work in those other countries to work here is not exactly realistic.” ...

Adam Lankford, an associate professor at the University of Alabama Department of Criminal Justice, who studied mass shootings around world from 1966 to 2012, found that countries with higher rates of gun ownership recorded more mass shooters per capita. ...

The U.S. represents less than 5% of the 7.3 billion global population but accounted for 31% of global mass shooters 1966 to 2012, more than any other country ...​

U.S. Leads World in Mass Shootings

13 European countries plus Russia equals the world?

I think the Middle East, Africa and Asia might have something to say about that.
LOL!

Actually, I think that the Islamic State, ISIS, probably leads the world in mass shootings right now.

Actually, I think that the Islamic State, ISIS, probably leads the world in mass shootings right now.
Exactly, all these progressive gun grabbers keep comparing the US to Europe. However they always refuse to acknowledge that Europe doesn't have anywhere near the amount of non-whites the US does. Without blacks and Latinos the US would have murder rates on par with Europe.

The FBI Crime in the United States reportfound 8,124 murders committed with firearms in 2014, down from 8,454 in 2013. That represents a 3.9 percent drop year over year and the lowest rate of any year included in the report.

320m population = 0.000025% gun homicide rate.

I think your math is a little confused....

but let's compare that to other countries. Here are some figures from 2012.

Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country

US- 9146
England and Wales - 41
France - 35
Germany - 158
Japan - 11
Italy - 417
Canada = 173
Australia - 30

The FBI Crime in the United States reportfound 8,124 murders committed with firearms in 2014, down from 8,454 in 2013. That represents a 3.9 percent drop year over year and the lowest rate of any year included in the report.

320m population = 0.000025% gun homicide rate.

I think your math is a little confused....

but let's compare that to other countries. Here are some figures from 2012.

Gun homicides and gun ownership listed by country

US- 9146
England and Wales - 41
France - 35
Germany - 158
Japan - 11
Italy - 417
Canada = 173
Australia - 30

Might as well talk about the high tariff on lump starch.

Has more value

-Geaux

Forum List

Back