The Wages Of Ordinary American Workers Has Increased 9% in Forty Years

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Obvious solution: let leftist vote farmer regressives take even more of your wages.

The chart is indeed bullshit, not because it starts at zero, but because it implies these are the same people. Obviously as people get more educated the income disparity has to widen per year.

The chart is indeed bullshit, not because it starts at zero, but because it implies these are the same people. Obviously as people get more educated the income disparity has to widen per year.

The chart isn't 'bullshit.' I'll help you understand.

How much was a pickup truck in 1979, and a pickup truck in 2007?

Have wages increased the same as the pickup truck?

Education doesn't really have to do with it, it's the industry in which you work.

My salary has skyrocketed since 1997 increasing nearly 8x. But then I left the Democratic party, became a conservative, and began listening to Rush, coincidence?
Selling one's soul to Satan has supposedly given quite a number of people success. Sounds like you sold out cheap - you could've been a rock star.

Selling one's soul to Satan has supposedly given quite a number of people success. Sounds like you sold out cheap - you could've been a rock star.

Selling ones soul is actually middle class conservatives. The really sad part.....they got screwed.

It's the decline of unions . Thanks to the GOP war on the working man .

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

Go ahead divide the CEO's single salary out over all the workers it won't make any real difference, other than to satisfy your need to punish someone who makes more money than you.

"after taxes" is your clue to why the poor and middle class are not doing so well. You better have yourself a look at where the local, county, state, and federal taxes that are being vamped from the poor and middle class are going, then stop voting for Democrats.

Go ahead divide the CEO's single salary out over all the workers it won't make any real difference, other than to satisfy your need to punish someone who makes more money than you.

"after taxes" is your clue to why the poor and middle class are not doing so well. You better have yourself a look at where the local, county, state, and federal taxes that are being vamped from the poor and middle class are going, then stop voting for Democrats.

What percentage of your total income in federal taxes do you pay?

actual federal tax PAID ÷ total income =

Son, we live in a world of winner takes all and wealth has to be generated by men with principles. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the poor and curse the wealthy. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my wealth while incomprehensible to you pays your share. You don't want the truth because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties you want me generating wealth, you need me generating wealth. So I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

fewg.jpg

Judging by the years and who was president then Clinton and Obama have REALLY screwed some folks.

You wanna know who screwed the folks? George W. Bush started two wars, the one in Iraq totally unnecessary, then because of his tax cuts for the rich doubled the national debt and left the nation in deep recession. WHAT A DUMBASS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH lol And the leaders in the Democratic party who demanded a 2nd vote authorizing the Iraq war so they could vote Yes? :laugh:

The Bush administration told a DOCUMENTED 935 lies to gain support for a Bush family revenge on Saddam Hussein. It cost the lives of 4500 young Americans and the serious wounding of 35,000.

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party? :laugh:

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party?

Bush fucked you and every working class American. YOU are too stupid to figure it out.

My wealth went up nearly 800% during the Bush and Obama administrations, I don't know what you people are crying about.

Unions rule when it comes to protecting the working mans wages and benefits. Going back 41 years is proof enough of that.

1974 I was making 10.03 an hour.
1981 I was making 11.80 an hour
1983 I was making 13,89 an hour.
1988 I was making just over 16 an hour

fast forward to today and, it's 34 an hour...

Unions rule...........................
Er..um, hate to break this to you but using your numbers, your increase in salary has not even kept up with inflation since 1974.

If you were making $10.03 in 1974, you would need to be making $53.63 in 2016 to maintain the same purchasing power using average annual U.S. CPI data not to mention making up for all the money the union extracts from you in dues and all the wage increases you should have gotten due purely to productivity increases.

So put down the pom-poms, the union hasn't done anything for you in terms of the purchasing power of your wages, you've actually gone backwards.

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like one for three.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's
Benefits are subject to inflation too (so they can be entered into the total compensation purchasing power now versus then calculation too) and you would have to assume that those benefits couldn't have been secured without unions (which is not necessarily a good assumption), you also have to factor in the returns you could have gotten on all the union dues you've paid in over the years had you invested that money instead of forking it over to the union.

Not all unions are bad, many are, many aren't but like anything else one has to take into account what value they have actually provided in terms of real compensation, in order to be worth anything at all a union must provide a value proposition to their membership that justifies the price they charge to that membership for their services.

Bottom line is; You (along with most everybody else) would be making a lot more money (in terms of real purchasing power) if we didn't have government sucking off resources (via regulation and taxation) from the businesses we work for/on that could otherwise go into investing to make workers more productive and thus worth more in terms of wages, not to mention the devaluation of our dollars that is largely driven by federal government "borrow and print" spending.

You're hatred for unions is noted.

You got a reading disability? where did I say anything about hating unions? go back and read what I wrote again and this time remember to put your objectivity glasses on first.

One thing is fairly clear about the unions:

o-UNIONS-MIDDLE-CLASS-facebook.jpg

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

Obvious solution: let leftist vote farmer regressives take even more of your wages.

The chart isn't 'bullshit.' I'll help you understand.

How much was a pickup truck in 1979, and a pickup truck in 2007?

Have wages increased the same as the pickup truck?

Education doesn't really have to do with it, it's the industry in which you work.

Reading news they don't want to know is difficult for them.

Unions rule when it comes to protecting the working mans wages and benefits. Going back 41 years is proof enough of that.

Er..um, hate to break this to you but using your numbers, your increase in salary has not even kept up with inflation since 1974.

If you were making $10.03 in 1974, you would need to be making $53.63 in 2016 to maintain the same purchasing power using average annual U.S. CPI data not to mention making up for all the money the union extracts from you in dues and all the wage increases you should have gotten due purely to productivity increases.

So put down the pom-poms, the union hasn't done anything for you in terms of the purchasing power of your wages, you've actually gone backwards.

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like three for one.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's

And of course there was the usual to die for benefits that goes along with if.
The 80's were a good decade to work in. Too bad Obama isn't doing that today.

Except for the FICA increases.

How much were they?

Judging by the years and who was president then Clinton and Obama have REALLY screwed some folks.

You wanna know who screwed the folks? George W. Bush started two wars, the one in Iraq totally unnecessary, then because of his tax cuts for the rich doubled the national debt and left the nation in deep recession. WHAT A DUMBASS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH lol And the leaders in the Democratic party who demanded a 2nd vote authorizing the Iraq war so they could vote Yes? :laugh:

The Bush administration told a DOCUMENTED 935 lies to gain support for a Bush family revenge on Saddam Hussein. It cost the lives of 4500 young Americans and the serious wounding of 35,000.

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party? :laugh:

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party?

Bush fucked you and every working class American. YOU are too stupid to figure it out.

Bush fucked you and every working class American.

By cutting taxes on us. Bastard!!! Durr.

The 80s were a terrible time to be working in America.whoever said that is lying big time.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

Son, we live in a world of winner takes all and wealth has to be generated by men with principles. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the poor and curse the wealthy. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my wealth while incomprehensible to you pays your share. You don't want the truth because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties you want me generating wealth, you need me generating wealth. So I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Answer the question and quit bloviating!

My wealth went up nearly 800% during the Bush and Obama administrations, I don't know what you people are crying about.

And today after the implosion?

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

It's true, importing millions of low-skilled illegals hurts Americans at the low end.

It's true, importing millions of low-skilled illegals hurts Americans at the low end.

Tell Sheriff Joe to arrest employers that knowing hire illegals.

Sounds good. Implement mandatory E-Verify and arrest illegals at every contact with government, first.

Sounds good. Implement mandatory E-Verify and arrest illegals at every contact with government, first.

Simultaneously.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

CEO's buying power going up faster than employees buying power is a problem that needs to be addressed.

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like three for one.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's

And of course there was the usual to die for benefits that goes along with if.

How much were they?

How much were they?

Five percent combined.

Bush fucked you and every working class American.

By cutting taxes on us. Bastard!!! Durr.

By cutting taxes on us. Bastard!!! Durr

How did that work out?

Forum List

Back