The Wages Of Ordinary American Workers Has Increased 9% in Forty Years

Selling ones soul is actually middle class conservatives. The really sad part.....they got screwed.
---
One would think after getting screwed, they would adjust their thinking, but they keep fantacizing like lottery players and/or hoping Trump can help them get rich too.

Er..um, hate to break this to you but using your numbers, your increase in salary has not even kept up with inflation since 1974.

If you were making $10.03 in 1974, you would need to be making $53.63 in 2016 to maintain the same purchasing power using average annual U.S. CPI data not to mention making up for all the money the union extracts from you in dues and all the wage increases you should have gotten due purely to productivity increases.

So put down the pom-poms, the union hasn't done anything for you in terms of the purchasing power of your wages, you've actually gone backwards.

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like three for one.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's

And of course there was the usual to die for benefits that goes along with if.
The 80's were a good decade to work in. Too bad Obama isn't doing that today.

Except for the FICA increases.

How much were they?

How much were they?

Five percent combined.

Five percent combined.

What do you mean?
In 1990, and since, payroll taxes were 15.3%.
Do you think they were 10.3% before 1980?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH lol And the leaders in the Democratic party who demanded a 2nd vote authorizing the Iraq war so they could vote Yes? :laugh:

The Bush administration told a DOCUMENTED 935 lies to gain support for a Bush family revenge on Saddam Hussein. It cost the lives of 4500 young Americans and the serious wounding of 35,000.

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party? :laugh:

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party?

Bush fucked you and every working class American. YOU are too stupid to figure it out.

Bush fucked you and every working class American.

By cutting taxes on us. Bastard!!! Durr.

By cutting taxes on us. Bastard!!! Durr

How did that work out?

Economy got a bump, Americans kept more of their salary.
What's wrong with that?

The Bush administration told a DOCUMENTED 935 lies to gain support for a Bush family revenge on Saddam Hussein. It cost the lives of 4500 young Americans and the serious wounding of 35,000.

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party? :laugh:

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party?

Bush fucked you and every working class American. YOU are too stupid to figure it out.

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

Still looking for reasons to blame anyone but the people who actually sign the paychecks I see.

Selling ones soul is actually middle class conservatives. The really sad part.....they got screwed.
---
One would think after getting screwed, they would adjust their thinking, but they keep fantacizing like lottery players and/or hoping Trump can help them get rich too.

One would think after getting screwed, they would adjust their thinking, but they keep fantasizing like lottery players and/or hoping Trump can help them get rich too.

When you're a psychotic sociopath, cognitive thinking doesn't come easy, if at all.

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

Still looking for reasons to blame anyone but the people who actually sign the paychecks I see.

Blame who for what?

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

Blame who for what?

Derp! Huh?

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

Blame who for what?

Derp! Huh?

Yeah, but enough about you.

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like three for one.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's

And of course there was the usual to die for benefits that goes along with if.

How much were they?

How much were they?

Five percent combined.

Five percent combined.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Combined is employee/employer

8.10% in 79-80
15.30% in 1990

How much were they?

How much were they?

Five percent combined.

Five percent combined.

What do you mean?

What do you mean?

Combined is employee/employer

8.10% in 79-80
15.30% in 1990

8.10% in 79-80
15.30% in 1990

In 1966, they were 8.4%.
Could you be any more wrong?

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with that?

The $2.5 Trillion Tragedy: What America Has Given Up For 10 Years Of Bush Tax Cuts

– Give 122.7 Million Children Low-Income Health Care Every Year For Ten Years

– Give 49.2 Million People Access To Low-Income Healthcare Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide 43.1 Million Students With Pell Grants Worth $5,500 Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide 31.5 Million Head Start Slots For Children Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide VA Care For 30.7 Million Military Veterans Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide 30.4 Million Scholarships For University Students Every Year For Ten Years

– Hire 4.19 Million Firefighters Every Year For Ten Years

– Hire 3.67 Million Elementary School Teachers Every Year For Ten Years

– Hire 3.6 Million Police Officers Every Year For Ten Years

– Retrofit 144.6 Million Households For Wind Power Every Year For Ten Years

– Retrofit 54.2 Million Households For Solar Photovoltaic Energy Every Year For Ten Years

Such a deal!

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

What's wrong with that?

The $2.5 Trillion Tragedy: What America Has Given Up For 10 Years Of Bush Tax Cuts

– Give 122.7 Million Children Low-Income Health Care Every Year For Ten Years

– Give 49.2 Million People Access To Low-Income Healthcare Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide 43.1 Million Students With Pell Grants Worth $5,500 Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide 31.5 Million Head Start Slots For Children Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide VA Care For 30.7 Million Military Veterans Every Year For Ten Years

– Provide 30.4 Million Scholarships For University Students Every Year For Ten Years

– Hire 4.19 Million Firefighters Every Year For Ten Years

– Hire 3.67 Million Elementary School Teachers Every Year For Ten Years

– Hire 3.6 Million Police Officers Every Year For Ten Years

– Retrofit 144.6 Million Households For Wind Power Every Year For Ten Years

– Retrofit 54.2 Million Households For Solar Photovoltaic Energy Every Year For Ten Years

Such a deal!

Americans saved $2.5 trillion because of the Bush tax cuts?
That's awesome!

Funny how the graph only starts going up after the disaster of the Carter years and the "top 1%" spiked during the Clinton years. It's junk economic stuff that a 1st year political science student could use either way.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

I haven't gotten past the first page of this thread and I have tears running down my cheeks for laughing so hard.

This is simply unbridled Capitalism. The wealthy have the power and buy access to politicians who make them more wealthy through legislation that gives them an advantage. Blaming Presidents is ridiculous. The blame lies with the lower and middle class people who continue to elect corrupt politicians, and continue to believe in thoroughly debunked concepts like trickle down economics, and unrestrained free markets that work directly against their own best interests. Make no mistake, for many of you, the powerful are working to eliminate your job as soon as they possibly can and put you in a low paying service job, if you're not already there.
Capitalism certainly can work, but this unbridled super capitalism works only for an ever decreasing percentage of Americans.

This is simply unbridled Capitalism. The wealthy have the power and buy access to politicians who make them more wealthy through legislation that gives them an advantage. Blaming Presidents is ridiculous. The blame lies with the lower and middle class people who continue to elect corrupt politicians, and continue to believe in thoroughly debunked concepts like trickle down economics, and unrestrained free markets that work directly against their own best interests. Make no mistake, for many of you, the powerful are working to eliminate your job as soon as they possibly can and put you in a low paying service job, if you're not already there.
Capitalism certainly can work, but this unbridled super capitalism works only for an ever decreasing percentage of Americans.

The blame lies with the lower and middle class people who continue to elect corrupt politicians

I agree, voting for libs who want to legalize millions of illegals is no way to raise wages for middle and lower income Americans.

Seal the border, deport the illegals, now!!!

Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

Go ahead divide the CEO's single salary out over all the workers it won't make any real difference, other than to satisfy your need to punish someone who makes more money than you.

"after taxes" is your clue to why the poor and middle class are not doing so well. You better have yourself a look at where the local, county, state, and federal taxes that are being vamped from the poor and middle class are going, then stop voting for Democrats.

Go ahead divide the CEO's single salary out over all the workers it won't make any real difference, other than to satisfy your need to punish someone who makes more money than you.

"after taxes" is your clue to why the poor and middle class are not doing so well. You better have yourself a look at where the local, county, state, and federal taxes that are being vamped from the poor and middle class are going, then stop voting for Democrats.

What percentage of your total income in federal taxes do you pay?

actual federal tax PAID ÷ total income =

Son, we live in a world of winner takes all and wealth has to be generated by men with principles. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the poor and curse the wealthy. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my wealth while incomprehensible to you pays your share. You don't want the truth because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties you want me generating wealth, you need me generating wealth. So I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Son, we live in a world of winner takes all and wealth has to be generated by men with principles. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for the poor and curse the wealthy. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that my wealth while incomprehensible to you pays your share. You don't want the truth because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties you want me generating wealth, you need me generating wealth. So I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Answer the question and quit bloviating!

What percentage of your total income in federal taxes do you pay?

actual federal tax PAID ÷ total income =

Post your home address and phone number first.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH lol And the leaders in the Democratic party who demanded a 2nd vote authorizing the Iraq war so they could vote Yes? :laugh:

My wealth went up nearly 800% during the Bush and Obama administrations, I don't know what you people are crying about.

My wealth went up nearly 800% during the Bush and Obama administrations, I don't know what you people are crying about.

And today after the implosion?

I met with my boss this afternoon, my salary is going up again plus a big bonus :banana:

How did that work out?

What's wrong with that?

Liberals need people flat broke and dependent on government handouts, otherwise your average liberal is about as popular as a crotch full of poison oak.

Gee I wonder why people just don't get it, they vilify business, regulate and tax business to death, lose their job, blame someone else and elect the same old clowns over and over expecting something to change? Reminds me of Einsteins theory of insanity.

Forum List

Back