The Wages Of Ordinary American Workers Has Increased 9% in Forty Years

My salary has skyrocketed since 1997 increasing nearly 8x. But then I left the Democratic party, became a conservative, and began listening to Rush, coincidence?
Selling one's soul to Satan has supposedly given quite a number of people success. Sounds like you sold out cheap - you could've been a rock star.

LOL you libs are such double talking frauds. You want people to rise from poverty and when someone does you spit your venom at them. WTF libs :laugh:
I am curious how you rose out of poverty. Find a good MLM or something?

My salary has skyrocketed since 1997 increasing nearly 8x. But then I left the Democratic party, became a conservative, and began listening to Rush, coincidence?
Selling one's soul to Satan has supposedly given quite a number of people success. Sounds like you sold out cheap - you could've been a rock star.

LOL you libs are such double talking frauds. You want people to rise from poverty and when someone does you spit your venom at them. WTF libs :laugh:

Well I was out of work so I applied for a job advertised in the local newspaper. I interviewed for the job, got the job, then worked hard over the next 19 years. My salary increased almost 800% and now libs spit venom at me wtf.

Well I was out of work so I applied for a job advertised in the local newspaper. I interviewed for the job, got the job, then worked hard over the next 19 years. My salary increased almost 800% and now libs spit venom at me wtf.
Sorry for all the lib venom. It's only because you come across as such a douche.

I think the venom is the ridiculous claim of you going from a liberal to a rush listening conservative and that led to your success. That was funny.

Sorry for all the lib venom. It's only because you come across as such a douche.

You fling one personal insult after another and I'm the douche? That's some projection right there. No matter tomorrow I'll still be in the 5%, you? lol

You needed to listen to rush to figure that out? Funny.

You fling one personal insult after another and I'm the douche? That's some projection right there. No matter tomorrow I'll still be in the 5%, you? lol
Yup, I'm there too.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

It's true, importing millions of low-skilled illegals hurts Americans at the low end.

It's true, importing millions of low-skilled illegals hurts Americans at the low end.

Tell Sheriff Joe to arrest employers that knowing hire illegals.

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg

The government is depressing the ability of the middle and lower class to move up by imposing regulations and laws which stifle the ability of the poor to compete with the well-heeled.

Try starting a business- you have to hire a lawyer to guide you thru the regulations, an accountant to keep the IRS off your back, you are forced to pay a minimum wage which drives up the cost of doing business.

The government is depressing the ability of the middle and lower class to move up by imposing regulations and laws which stifle the ability of the poor to compete with the well-heeled.

Try starting a business- you have to hire a lawyer to guide you thru the regulations, an accountant to keep the IRS off your back, you are forced to pay a minimum wage which drives up the cost of doing business.

That's why YOU shouldn't open a business. YOU don't know that hiring an Attorney isn't necessary.

It's funny and also sad that YOU don't know that minimum wage is one of the only reasons that YOU can exist. Regulation is the reason that the US has a middle class.

As a business owner, regulation is my friend, since I follow regulations and my competitors don't.

Regulation is the friend to thousands of Uber driver's in California. Uber now has to pay them back pay of $100M.

Uber to pay $100M settlement with drivers seeking employee status

That's $100M will now be spent in California, instead of paying Saudi investors.

Last edited:
Unions rule when it comes to protecting the working mans wages and benefits. Going back 41 years is proof enough of that.

1974 I was making 10.03 an hour.
1981 I was making 11.80 an hour
1983 I was making 13,89 an hour.
1988 I was making just over 16 an hour

fast forward to today and, it's 34 an hour...

Unions rule...........................
Er..um, hate to break this to you but using your numbers, your increase in salary has not even kept up with inflation since 1974.

If you were making $10.03 in 1974, you would need to be making $53.63 in 2016 to maintain the same purchasing power using average annual U.S. CPI data not to mention making up for all the money the union extracts from you in dues and all the wage increases you should have gotten due purely to productivity increases.

So put down the pom-poms, the union hasn't done anything for you in terms of the purchasing power of your wages, you've actually gone backwards.

Er..um, hate to break this to you but using your numbers, your increase in salary has not even kept up with inflation since 1974.

If you were making $10.03 in 1974, you would need to be making $53.63 in 2016 to maintain the same purchasing power using average annual U.S. CPI data not to mention making up for all the money the union extracts from you in dues and all the wage increases you should have gotten due purely to productivity increases.

So put down the pom-poms, the union hasn't done anything for you in terms of the purchasing power of your wages, you've actually gone backwards.

He's making more than $53.63 if you add benefits.

He is doing MUCH better than the average middle class worker.

The simple truth is that anyone can make more money any time they want. It's just that most people don't want to

The simple truth is that anyone can make more money any time they want. It's just that most people don't want to

Sure, if they want to work two or three jobs.

As a responsible employer I pay higher wages so my 'guys' don't have too.

The Koch Brothers must be very proud of you. Too bad you've screwed yourself and your family with your sociopath views.

Unions rule when it comes to protecting the working mans wages and benefits. Going back 41 years is proof enough of that.

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like one for three.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's
Benefits are subject to inflation too (so they can be entered into the total compensation purchasing power now versus then calculation too) and you would have to assume that those benefits couldn't have been secured without unions (which is not necessarily a good assumption), you also have to factor in the returns you could have gotten on all the union dues you've paid in over the years had you invested that money instead of forking it over to the union.

Not all unions are bad, many are, many aren't but like anything else one has to take into account what value they have actually provided in terms of real compensation, in order to be worth anything at all a union must provide a value proposition to their membership that justifies the price they charge to that membership for their services.

Bottom line is; You (along with most everybody else) would be making a lot more money (in terms of real purchasing power) if we didn't have government sucking off resources (via regulation and taxation) from the businesses we work for/on that could otherwise go into investing to make workers more productive and thus worth more in terms of wages, not to mention the devaluation of our dollars that is largely driven by federal government "borrow and print" spending.

Your hatred for unions is noted. But having said that I'd rather be making that 34 an hour today, then the 15 an hour alternative that everybody else is making b
Is your job worth only $15/hr?

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like three for one.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's

And of course there was the usual to die for benefits that goes along with if.
The 80's were a good decade to work in. Too bad Obama isn't doing that today.

The 80's were a good decade to work in. Too bad Obama isn't doing that today.

Except for the FICA increases.

Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

inequality-chartbook-all-47-728.jpg
Judging by the years and who was president then Clinton and Obama have REALLY screwed some folks.

You wanna know who screwed the folks? George W. Bush started two wars, the one in Iraq totally unnecessary, then because of his tax cuts for the rich doubled the national debt and left the nation in deep recession. WHAT A DUMBASS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH lol And the leaders in the Democratic party who demanded a 2nd vote authorizing the Iraq war so they could vote Yes? :laugh:

Damn shame we didn't demand a second vote in 2000 when Bush's brother stole the election from Al Gore.
You mean the election Algore lost after he couldn't carry his own state and tried to cherry pick counties to re-re-re-count, hoping votes would magically appear for him? That election?

Meanwhile:

6-25-10inc-f1.jpg
Your graph is bullsh#t and I will tell you why. It shows everybody equal in 1979. And that is simply NOT true.

EQUAL HELL.....IT WAS SIMPLY A STARTING POINT. In the 1940's, 50's a corporate executive earned about 12-15 times what a carpenter or plumber made. By the 1970's that multiplier had increased to about 100 times as much. Now a CEO earns about 500 times what an ordinary worker makes. You ever heard of leaving the fox to guard the chicken house?

Go ahead divide the CEO's single salary out over all the workers it won't make any real difference, other than to satisfy your need to punish someone who makes more money than you.

"after taxes" is your clue to why the poor and middle class are not doing so well. You better have yourself a look at where the local, county, state, and federal taxes that are being vamped from the poor and middle class are going, then stop voting for Democrats.

Go ahead divide the CEO's single salary out over all the workers it won't make any real difference, other than to satisfy your need to punish someone who makes more money than you.

"after taxes" is your clue to why the poor and middle class are not doing so well. You better have yourself a look at where the local, county, state, and federal taxes that are being vamped from the poor and middle class are going, then stop voting for Democrats.

What percentage of your total income in federal taxes do you pay?

actual federal tax PAID ÷ total income =

I didn't include benefits such as time and a half after eight hours and again that was just straight pay. the rest of our benefits were good for a pretty good chunk of change, such as stock options like one for three.. Thanks to that alone, employees were retiring millionaires by the late 1980's
Benefits are subject to inflation too (so they can be entered into the total compensation purchasing power now versus then calculation too) and you would have to assume that those benefits couldn't have been secured without unions (which is not necessarily a good assumption), you also have to factor in the returns you could have gotten on all the union dues you've paid in over the years had you invested that money instead of forking it over to the union.

Not all unions are bad, many are, many aren't but like anything else one has to take into account what value they have actually provided in terms of real compensation, in order to be worth anything at all a union must provide a value proposition to their membership that justifies the price they charge to that membership for their services.

Bottom line is; You (along with most everybody else) would be making a lot more money (in terms of real purchasing power) if we didn't have government sucking off resources (via regulation and taxation) from the businesses we work for/on that could otherwise go into investing to make workers more productive and thus worth more in terms of wages, not to mention the devaluation of our dollars that is largely driven by federal government "borrow and print" spending.

Your hatred for unions is noted. But having said that I'd rather be making that 34 an hour today, then the 15 an hour alternative that everybody else is making b

Your hatred for unions is noted. But having said that I'd rather be making that 34 an hour today, then the 15 an hour alternative that everybody else is making.

It's actually less than $15.00/hr. Remember, employers are broke ;-)

Conservatives demand a permanent class of working poor.
Uh-huh, that makes perfect sense because as everyone knows, the working poor overwhelmingly vote for conservatives ........ :rolleyes:

Uh-huh, that makes perfect sense because as everyone knows, the working poor overwhelmingly vote for conservatives ........

The only middle class that vote conservative are the sociopath crowd. (You)

inequality-chartbook-all-47-728.jpg
Judging by the years and who was president then Clinton and Obama have REALLY screwed some folks.

You wanna know who screwed the folks? George W. Bush started two wars, the one in Iraq totally unnecessary, then because of his tax cuts for the rich doubled the national debt and left the nation in deep recession. WHAT A DUMBASS

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH lol And the leaders in the Democratic party who demanded a 2nd vote authorizing the Iraq war so they could vote Yes? :laugh:

The Bush administration told a DOCUMENTED 935 lies to gain support for a Bush family revenge on Saddam Hussein. It cost the lives of 4500 young Americans and the serious wounding of 35,000.

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party? :laugh:

You people tell us Bush is a moron, yet he outwitted the entire Democratic party?

Bush fucked you and every working class American. YOU are too stupid to figure it out.

Forum List

Back