The Walking Dead

For a hot sec thought they actually offed the Gov, turning him into a walker. If you don't see it happen it usually doesn't, despite his screams.
That part was predictable. They weren't going to end a great antagonist that way!

Ewwww, wonder what he's going to do to Andrea. I thought I saw speculum amongst his 'tools'. :eek:
Ever see hostel? I am thinking that. Sidenote: From Merle's previous comment, I don't think this is the governor's first rodeo torturing someone in that chair and I believe Merle has witnessed it first hand.

The part where the walker grabbed Andrea from behind the tree and several walkers were about to bite her was very fakey acting, imo. Not well done.
Seriously? That part freaked me out a little bit.

Milton burned the pit walkers. Good for him. He reminds me of the Benjamin Linus character from Lost.
I don't think it was Milton. I think it was Marteniz. I think Milton is sheep in sheep's clothing. He wants to stand up, but he is a puss. My bet is he might have told Andrea a few things, but he is informing the gov to it all. I think Milt will come off as spinless backstabber in the final two episodes, which is precisely why he didn't let Andrea shoot the gov.

So the Gov's whole reason for this war isn't so much because Rick's group exists but rather he's after Michonne because she whacked his walker kid and since she's with Rick that group must go. Merle betraying him adds fuel to the fire.
Remember when Merle said the Gov is going to come for them all and keep Rick alive to watch the Gov torture and kill them all! That was a foreshadow, but he had the wrong target. Michonne is the target. Another twist. The writters made us think the chair was for Michonne, but he was preparing it for Andrea the whole time. His is aim is to torture Andrea and make Michonne watch. My guess is Milton watched the Gov do it before from the viewpoint he brought Andrea to and he knew Andrea was the target.

Seeing her in the chair freaked me out. I only watched a little of hostel and had to turn it off. It's a sick and disgusting movie.

She didn't take the truck to get to the prison because she wanted to sneak out. Maybe she thought she'd have enough of a head start to actually get there before the Gov found out? Yeah right. lol
I thought that was a bad move also. You got a ride, why not take it!

The governor is an excellent nemesis. A very well played role.
And very well casted!!!

They should however change the name of the show to the Andrea Hour. Seriously, this focus on one character is SUPER LAME. Had the governor not came into his own during this episode as the ultimate bad guy I may have started losing interest.
I thought the episode was awesome. First it did great character development of Tyrese, Sasha and the two douche bags he traveled with. The cat and mouse chase was very suspenseful and it kept me on my feet. I like how Andrea though she outsmarted the Gov my unleashing the band of walkers on him only to get caught in eyeviewing distance of Rick.

And the fact that she is all tied up now makes me very happy lol.
That part upset me. I am not a fan of torture scenes. I tried to watch hostel once and didn't get far in that sick and twisted movie.

Then I just heard that they are only 2 episodes left so my prediction that they were gonna drag this out till the end is sadly true. Worst case scenario is we will likely haveto wait till next season to see the outcome of the conflict.
My guess there will be a shocker ending and a nice cliff hanger!

If Andrea wasnt going to take the truck why not flatten the tires at least? and the Governor is planning some sick shit for Machione, some Collector/Saw type shit.

(1) Martinez is revealed as the guy that torched the Walkers.
(2) Suspicious of Milton killing the Walkers is defused when Allen goes to the Gov and makes accusations (lies) that he saw Tyreese burn the Walkers. Gov goes after Tyreese and Sasha. Tyreese makes it out, but Sasha doesn't.
(3) As Rick tells the group that Gov wants Michonne, Merle is the one that states he will go back on his word and that he probably has Andrea pinned down in a torture chamber. Rick says, "How do you know that." Merle, "I saw it first hand countless times before." Rick still appears to discount it!
(4) As it appears Rick's clan is going to hand over Michonne, they use that as bait to go on the offensive and hit back at the Gov hard, with Merle going in and saving Andrea, but getting killed in the process.
(5) It ends with the group leaving the prison, headed on the road again.

Living: Rick, Carl, Judith, Daryl, Michonne, Andrea, Tyreese, Maggie, Glenn and the Governor (and of course Morgan in hiding).
Dead: Merle, Carol, Herschel, Beth, Allen and Ben (two douche bags with Tyreese), Martinez, Sasha and Milton.

All that's left of the government is a few people from the Obama White House and they are forging zombie names on Voter Registration forms.

Rick awakens in the hospital from his coma and there's a fat, ugly nurse attending him

I thought Tyrese burned the walkers at first, but now I think Milton did it.

I am always suspect in a show when they mask a person doing deed that will piss of many and then when they try to instantly give credit to someone. They tried to give credit to Milton too easily. My guess is it was someone else! Personally I think Martinez!

Martinez and Darryl needed to have a "we can work this all out" conversation

Martinez whacks the governor, Darryl whacks Rick

I am always suspect in a show when they mask a person doing deed that will piss of many and then when they try to instantly give credit to someone. They tried to give credit to Milton too easily. My guess is it was someone else! Personally I think Martinez!

Martinez didn't have any issues with using the Walkers on Rick and his people though. :dunno:

My review on this week's episode:

Andrea: Your first mistake was handing over your gun. Your second mistake was letting someone see you split. The third, causually walking to the prison when it was in sight (always run like the devils of Hell are nipping at your heels). Oh...and if you survive the next 2 episodes...get a better knife! What was that you were using? A nail file? Jesus. Next time, at least get a military-style knife.

Gov: Still lying to the new folks (Tyreese and co.) and now adding "Torturer" to your resume. How nice. I have a feeling your death will be slow and ugly.

Milton: Nice torch job, son! Finally growing a set. Now free Andrea.

Overall, this was a good episode. Plenty of Walkers and suspense.

Also, i think i figured out the signifigence(sp?) of Lori and Shane appearing to Rick. They're his conscious. Shane, the bad side; Lori, the good side. Note that Shane appeared to Rick when he and the others were shooting up Woodbury. Lori shows up at the prison where Rick is somewhat calm. This whole Governor situation is playing havoc with his conscious, he has to make these critical decisions and that's why they are appearing to him.

If you are going to have the governor escape, don't show him in as dire straits as you did! Show him starting the fight with that gang of walkers, don't show them about to overcome him. That was just silly.

Yes, Andrea should have taken the truck. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me immediately. :tongue:

It's certainly possible that Martinez will be a surprise traitor, but I think Milton is more likely. I think they may have shown it so quickly and easily because they want to promote the drama of the inner conflict of Woodbury. It could be that the town is going to have a small civil war of sorts before this is over.

This might be more possible because I think the governor was bitten. He was clearly acting injured, and he was making sure to keep his jacket closed. I think he's bitten, he wants to get Michonne before he turns, and when he does go it will lead to a power vacuum in Woodbury that could lead to infighting between Milton, Martinez, and possibly Andrea if she lives.

Tyrese does well as someone who still truly clings to their morals despite the horrors of the world.

Although that does lead me to wonder if the governor needed to bother with the secrecy regarding the other group. In the world of the zombie apocalypse, in a town that enjoyed walker-enhanced gladiatorial fighting, would it really be so hard for him to sell an 'it's us or them' story to his people?

Hopefully they do a good job ending the season and don't leave it on a ridiculous cliffhanger.

If you are going to have the governor escape, don't show him in as dire straits as you did! Show him starting the fight with that gang of walkers, don't show them about to overcome him. That was just silly.
Not completely there were a dozen or so, not too many and he still had room to manuver.

Yes, Andrea should have taken the truck. I'm not sure why that didn't occur to me immediately. :tongue:
Yep, I thin we can all agree on that.

It's certainly possible that Martinez will be a surprise traitor, but I think Milton is more likely. I think they may have shown it so quickly and easily because they want to promote the drama of the inner conflict of Woodbury. It could be that the town is going to have a small civil war of sorts before this is over.
LOL since when does TV go with the obvious? Think of Andrew being the saboteur of the prison, when his demise seemed inevitable in the courtyard!

This might be more possible because I think the governor was bitten. He was clearly acting injured, and he was making sure to keep his jacket closed. I think he's bitten, he wants to get Michonne before he turns, and when he does go it will lead to a power vacuum in Woodbury that could lead to infighting between Milton, Martinez, and possibly Andrea if she lives.
That would be interesting if he was bit, but for some reason I think he makes it to next season. He is a hell of an antagonist and his acting is amazing! He is a guy you love to hate, but his cunningness is very admirable!

Tyrese does well as someone who still truly clings to their morals despite the horrors of the world.
Tyrese is a great character (as is Sasha) and a welcome addition.

Although that does lead me to wonder if the governor needed to bother with the secrecy regarding the other group. In the world of the zombie apocalypse, in a town that enjoyed walker-enhanced gladiatorial fighting, would it really be so hard for him to sell an 'it's us or them' story to his people?
Prehaps, but prehaps not. The Gov wants to create an illusion they have freedom of choice and security doesn't have a price. That illiusion keeps people from revolting!

Hopefully they do a good job ending the season and don't leave it on a ridiculous cliffhanger.
This 3rd season has been awesome! Nothing less than spectular. I am confident it will end on a high note. And yes a cliff hanger is inevitable, since the mid-season premier they have average 11-12 million views! I believe they want to keep that same amount plus add a few for season 4!!!

Well I see they finally got rid of those trained monkey writers and fell back to throwing darts at an idea board. What a perfect example of tv fail.

On Talking Dead Lori Holden outed the Milton character as the pit arsonist.

On Talking Dead Lori Holden outed the Milton character as the pit arsonist.

She shouldn't have let that slip. She did seem like she didn't know foresure though. I'm going with it was someone else. If they wanted it to be the obvious, then they would have showed the perp's face or at least skin color at the end of the roast!

Walking Dead Season 3 Spoilers: Who Will Die Next? - Wetpaint

Don't read if you want possible spoilers. Only one big possible (but obvious) nugget in the spoiler.

But the below quote should make people feel good. A resolution to the conflict with a satisfying end and not a painful cliffhanger!

The Powers That Be have said we’ll have a “resolution” and “satisfying end” to the season without too much of a cliffhanger.

Why would Martinez burn the walkers though? isn't he down with Governor?

In the meeting of the Gov and Rick, he showed a very human and civilized side when talking to Rick. He didn't seem like he wanted to fight on. In the scene with Tyrese, he seemed like he didn't quite agree with using the Walkers as weapons.

Just my thought, he seems honorable.

Why would Martinez burn the walkers though? isn't he down with Governor?

In the meeting of the Gov and Rick, he showed a very human and civilized side when talking to Rick. He didn't seem like he wanted to fight on. In the scene with Tyrese, he seemed like he didn't quite agree with using the Walkers as weapons.

Just my thought, he seems honorable.

Thats a possibility, you think he might end up leaving the Governor?

Forum List

Back