The Wall - Why it's a dumb idea

How long do you imagine it takes for someone to get over the wall? The border agent can be there in 5 minutes.
Did you watch the videos? Clearly you didn't.

And how would a border agent know someone was climbing over the wall a mile away?

So we can all admit that fences work on dogs and cows and sheep and antelope and alpacas and zebras and other four legged animals.

This in no way has anything to do with Mexicans.
The historical evidence shows that fences work, moron. It doesn't matter what your idiot logic tells you.

And Trump gave him amnesty for bilking the rubes.

It just doesn't get any better than that! :lol:

As I have said many times over the Trump years, Trumpies DESERVE to be lied to.
So you say the Trumpies followed corruption. We know the Progs are corruption and deep at it but covered by the media and entertainers.. So what was wrong with Jan. 6 then? Does that building really deserve to stand? The government is so corrupt they had tens of thousands of soldiers and a wall put up around their precious buildings. Banana Republic type of reaction. They know what they are.

bill718 The wall is important in that it reduces the amount of area the border patrol has to cover. But I agree with you that border security is primarily the border patrol, drones, x-ray equipment and a host of other assets needed to keep our border secure.

You obviously believe that someone is going to travel to the border if they know there's a 30 ft fence waiting for them.
Obviously you know nothing about construction. Nobody is going to build a 30 foot wall, without a substantial foundation that can withstand hurricane force winds. And that would be a prohibitive engineering challenge.

Obviously you know nothing about construction. Nobody is going to build a 30 foot wall, without a substantial foundation that can withstand hurricane force winds. And that would be a prohibitive engineering challenge.
Typical for all Trump construction projects, his shoddy border wall did not withstand monsoon forces.

No, it's actually quit simple. Any third year engineering student could do it. In fact, it's already been done.

Fixed fortifications are monuments to the stupidity of man. Whatever can be built by man, can be destroyed by him.

General George Patton - 1942

Over 90% of the land boarding the Rio Grande is privately owned. The State or Federal Government cannot simply steal land from private owners and start building a wall. Legal cases involving eminent domain can be challenged in court, and many have gone on for years on appeal, going back to the days of GW Bush when he tried it. This will cost the Government a great deal in time and money for each case (and there are thousands of them) The Government won't win all these cases, leaving many large gap's in the wall that illegal immigrants can simply walk through. Then there are building permits, along with these will come challenges from city and county counsels over size limitations and zoning restrictions, all this in each city and county along the border before construction can begin (...and if you really think Mexico is going to pay for all this, I'll sell you the Brooklyn bridge - cheap!)

A faster, cheaper, and more effective plan, will be to increase funding for additional border patrol units and invest in more high tech surveillance equipment, rather than trying to use 9th century solution to a 21st century problem.
A faster, cheaper, and more effective plan is to make it legally impossible for Illegal Aliens to exist on United States soil.

Which is actually more effective at spotting and interdicting people than the fence.
Which is why the OP said:
A faster, cheaper, and more effective plan, will be to increase funding for additional border patrol units and invest in more high tech surveillance equipment, rather than trying to use 9th century solution to a 21st century problem.

Trump built a shoddy wall which was destroyed in the first flooding event.

Priceless.

Huckster Donald has a long record of shoddy construction.

You obviously believe that someone is going to travel to the border if they know there's a 30 ft fence waiting for them.
Yes, they will. And just a fyi the border fence varies between 18 and 27 feet, not 30 ft.

I'd propose various other methods of stopping the flow of illegals into this country that would be more effective. For starters, I'd invest in more high tech surveillance. Personally I think that is money better spent. I'd also work with Mexico to protect their southern border (it's only 541 miles wide). I'd also work with the countries where the illegals are coming from to make things better so people wouldnt have to trek 1,000+ miles just to survive (to me this is the most important). I'd also beef up port of entry security. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

But soon enough we're going to experience the Asian wave of illegals as they overtake Latino's as the main illegal entering the country. Because that is what is going to happen. Pretty sure we cant build a wall around the entire country.

Yes, they will. And just a fyi the border fence varies between 18 and 27 feet, not 30 ft.

I'd propose various other methods of stopping the flow of illegals into this country that would be more effective. For starters, I'd invest in more high tech surveillance. Personally I think that is money better spent. I'd also work with Mexico to protect their southern border (it's only 541 miles wide). I'd also work with the countries where the illegals are coming from to make things better so people wouldnt have to trek 1,000+ miles just to survive (to me this is the most important). I'd also beef up port of entry security. Just some thoughts off the top of my head.

But soon enough we're going to experience the Asian wave of illegals as they overtake Latino's as the main illegal entering the country. Because that is what is going to happen. Pretty sure we cant build a wall around the entire country.
No one cares about your lying douchebag solution.

You don't actually expect anyone to believe that you really want to solve the illegal alien problem, do you?

Forum List

Back