The War That obama and The Liberals are Creating...

Meathead -

Class warfare is indeed reductionist and as populist as anything can get

Then why did you raise the issue, here:

Class war is what Obama and his cronies started in a desperate bid to get a failed president reelected
Being reductionist and populist does by no means mean it was not employed by the Obama campaign. It obviously appealed to a voter base who view the success of others as tantamount to their own failure.

Saigon, you continuously come up with some extremely ditzy responses. I suppose my initial evaluation of you was completely off the mark. I've come to terms with that since, but you nevertheless continue to surprise me.

not since the Revolutionary War has the level of disdain and distrust for our government been at this level,

and yet he won an election only three months ago. Go figure.

There is no "go figure"... that IS where the issue is festering... with the uninformed morons that voted for him that are finding out he's SCREWED them, as their pay checks start to SHRINK. They didn't think that would happen... oooopps... :eusa_eh:

Why the Hell did someone not tell me this four months ago! :eek:

Yes, America is waking up - but not to join the ranks of fear-mongering, oligarch wannabees that hate American workers, women, minorities, the poor, the elderly, and the educated. Recent polls show that the country is now slightly left of center, meaning Americans would rather be hopeful than fear-driven, and would rather advance into the 21st Century than be dragged back to the Middle Ages.

Meathead -

Class warfare is indeed reductionist and as populist as anything can get

Then why did you raise the issue, here:

Class war is what Obama and his cronies started in a desperate bid to get a failed president reelected

The source is Grandma.

Decus -

Grandma does refer to the issue, granted - but manages to avoid using the trite cliche of 'class warfare' Meathead seems to need to rely on.

It should be possible to have a sensible, serious discussion about the role of capital in society with people feeling the need to talk about "commies", "class warfare" or "lefties" I would have thought.

Last edited:
... not since the Revolutionary War has the level of disdain and distrust for our government been at this level, and it took the first black... well... mulatto president that was raised by commies to do it. We have a massive segment of America that is now depending on a hand out, a freebie, a gift, from the now Santa obama, their obama phone, their welfare check, their obama food stamps, because they're unemployed, and THAT'S THE WAY HE WANTS THEM, THAT'S THE WAY HE CAN CONTROL THEM, AND THEY'RE HAPPY THAT WAY... give me my obama phone, my welfare check to pay the rent, my obama food stamps and hell, fuck working... I DON'T HAVE TO... OBAMA WILL TAKE CARE OF ME...

... problem is... there's MILLIONS of Americans that are waking up to this BULL SHIT and saying NO, THIS HAS TO STOP, this is NOT what I voted for when I voted for the kenyan. He LIED!

The shit was getting deep after his first four years... well... he WILL accomplish his goal of RUINING America in his next four... unless the people rise up. America can't survive another four years of the commie kenyan. I personally know democrats that are LIVID, MAD, PISSED OFF at obama, and they want no more of his LIES AND CRAP. They want him GONE.

Sincerely... I will SURPRISED if obama survives his second term without being impeached, or at the end, totally hated by a massive majority of Americans. Because soon they're going to find out just how BAD he's fucking them in every way but Sunday. People are waking up.

Look out odumbobots... the tide is turning, and NOT in your favor.

Impeachment: The preferred tool of all serious revolutionaries.

Nutters,

Please answer the following question.

How many? How many able bodied, sane, adult Americans are refusing to work an available job in favor of maintaining a living off of government assistance?

Once you answer that, please tell us how much they cost the American taxpayer and how many of them vote.

Thanks.

... not since the Revolutionary War has the level of disdain and distrust for our government been at this level, and it took the first black... well... mulatto president that was raised by commies to do it. We have a massive segment of America that is now depending on a hand out, a freebie, a gift, from the now Santa obama, their obama phone, their welfare check, their obama food stamps, because they're unemployed, and THAT'S THE WAY HE WANTS THEM, THAT'S THE WAY HE CAN CONTROL THEM, AND THEY'RE HAPPY THAT WAY... give me my obama phone, my welfare check to pay the rent, my obama food stamps and hell, fuck working... I DON'T HAVE TO... OBAMA WILL TAKE CARE OF ME...

... problem is... there's MILLIONS of Americans that are waking up to this BULL SHIT and saying NO, THIS HAS TO STOP, this is NOT what I voted for when I voted for the kenyan. He LIED!

The shit was getting deep after his first four years... well... he WILL accomplish his goal of RUINING America in his next four... unless the people rise up. America can't survive another four years of the commie kenyan. I personally know democrats that are LIVID, MAD, PISSED OFF at obama, and they want no more of his LIES AND CRAP. They want him GONE.

Sincerely... I will SURPRISED if obama survives his second term without being impeached, or at the end, totally hated by a massive majority of Americans. Because soon they're going to find out just how BAD he's fucking them in every way but Sunday. People are waking up.

This is a classic example of why the Nutter right is perhaps the biggest danger to our Republic that we've faced since the Civil War. This post contains all the coded buzz words and rhetoric of the hate-filled talking heads who keep the anger going, for what purpose only they know.

Note the "reasons" given for rejecting the Will of The People and the backhanded threat of violence:

1. Obama is a Kenyan, a Communist, a usurper in office who shouldn't be there.

2. Those who voted him into office were either duped, or were "low information" voters, code for stupid.

3. He has a secret, conspiratorial goal of "RUINING" America.

Taken together, this stuff allows the Nutter right to feel cheated, to feel disassociated from our Constitutionally elected government, to pretend that The People no longer rule this country. The country they claim to love could not have possibly elected that man freely, so it MUST be something else. It makes the case that extraordinary actions are required to "save" America, that the situation is so dire that anything which removes him from office is acceptable.

In the end, such thinking gives leave to consider the alternatives, which at this point would be nothing less than physical harm to the President of the United States or the violent overthrow of the government. With another 4 years in office, there is nothing else to be done.

Of course, trapped within their own rhetoric, blinded by their hatred for the "mulatto" in the White House and egged on by the relentless barrage of negativity and outright lies about Barack Obama by the right wing propaganda machine, they have become so radicalized and so frightened that they cannot see what the end result of all that anger and hatred must be: the end of Democracy and the rule of law. In other words, the utter the destruction of the very thing they claim to hold so dear.

In order to "save" America, they must convince themselves that our two century long experiment in self rule has failed and will of their tiny minority must supplant the will of the majority for the good of us all. They, and ONLY they, are right.

This, folks, is where rebellions and revolutions germinate, where violence becomes acceptable and where the end of America as we know it enters the realm of the possible.

Sure, the 99% was the idea of the far right. Vilification of the rich and uber-rich is a Republican talking point.

Weird.

What about vilification of "the 47%"?

Are these terms vilification: "odumbobots", "commies", "uninformed morons"...?

There is one fact - the lure of something for nothing is just too strong. The promise of the good life, without effort or sacrifice remains a politician's best means of getting elected. That technique is used worldwide. Hollande was the most recent in Europe to successfully use that same approach. Sad but true.

see your the one vilifying the opposing side.

The American people are who you hate

Nutters,

Please answer the following question.

How many? How many able bodied, sane, adult Americans are refusing to work an available job in favor of maintaining a living off of government assistance?

Once you answer that, please tell us how much they cost the American taxpayer and how many of them vote.

Thanks.

Don't hold your breath for this one.

Why don't you tell us?

Okay, I'll guess.

Is the number 6?

Is that wrong? How about 10?

No?

Oklay, I give up.

Tell us, please.

How many able bodied, sane, adult Americans are refusing to work an available job in favor of maintaining a living off of government assistance?

... problem is... there's MILLIONS of Americans that are waking up to this BULL SHIT and saying NO, THIS HAS TO STOP, this is NOT what I voted for when I voted for the kenyan...

...Sincerely... I will SURPRISED if obama survives his second term without being impeached, or at the end, totally hated by a massive majority of Americans. Because soon they're going to find out just how BAD he's fucking them in every way but Sunday. People are waking up...

Y'know, I believe that you really do believe this stuff, down to your very core.

I also suspect that the stuff you're discussing really concerns and bothers you, non-stop. Here's the good news: I would humbly suggest that you have the ability to calm your own nerves, to bring your anger and frustration down a few notches, if not more. My (admittedly unsolicited) advice, absolutely honest and sincere, would be to consider the following actions:

1. Take a vacation from the radio talk shows. Give it at least one month. Levin & Savage & Hannity & Limbaugh will be there when you get back. This is a great time to try this, as we're in between election seasons and the gun issue sure as hell isn't going anywhere for a while. Do the same with Fox and the conservative sites. I can damn near guarantee you that this act alone will bring down your blood pressure. You'll be going back, just take a vacation for a bit.

2. During this time (at least one month), expose yourself to writers and sites with whom you disagree. I'm not for a moment suggesting that you change your mind on anything, all I'm suggesting is that you make the effort to consider the possibility that those who disagree with you in fact are not trying to destroy the country. They just disagree with you. Allow your defenses to come down a bit (you don't have to admit to anyone that you're doing this) and actually consider their points.

3. When the month is over, go back to those radio and sites if you want to. But do yourself a huge favor: Now that you have, with a truly open mind, exposed yourself to and sincerely considered the opinions of other Americans with whom you don't agree, ask yourself a few questions while you're listening or reading, such as:
  • "Is this person really giving me the full story here?"
  • "What is this person leaving out that could be pertinent to whether I fully agree with them?"
  • "When these guys use terms like tyranny and dictator and communism and Marxism, is it possible they're overdoing it a bit? And if so, why are they doing that?"
  • "Is this person being intellectually honest or just trying to make me angry for the sake of their ratings?"
Again, I'm not trying to get you to change your mind on the issues. My suggestion is that your goal may be to take what you hear from these people with a grain of salt, and consider the possibility that those they're attacking might also want a better America, that they just have a different approach. My guess is that this process may take the edge off your anger.

Just my two cents, worth every penny.

Last edited:
Mac 1958 what did you learn from Conservatives when you did this ?

Unfortunately I'm cursed with a gene that forces me to do it as a matter of second nature.

When you see me immersed in the standard partisan hyperbole, diversion, distortion and outright lies, please feel free to point it out.

Now, was there something I said that you disagree with?

Never really recognized your posts.

But I knew somehow you're answer is you're smarter, more enlightented and just plain better than needing your own medicine.

Last edited:

Never really recognized your posts.

But I knew somehow you're answer is you're smarter, more enlightened and just plain better than needing your own medicine.

That's okay, I wasn't expecting a straight answer.

I never do!

About as straight as it comes hotrod.

You share sage wisdom about looking at other views only to say you have risen above such advice yourself and give no examples of heeding your own advice.

Forum List

Back