The Women's March is Global

I hope, so hope, he can hear the roar from 1600 Pennsylvania. It was discouraging to me that Trump's popularity wasn't affected in the least by his "Grab 'em by the Pussy" comments or peeking into the dressing rooms at Miss Universe, or some of the other snatch and grab rudeness that was reported by other women. The March today is making me feel a little better. Maybe things aren't quite as bad as I thought.

Yeah, those women are so, so concerned with women's rights - so much so that they haven't uttered a peep in 6 years while 1 MM syrian women were massacred by russia and iran.
Or when ISIS was raping and killing women who refused to submit to them.

Is anyone defending ISIS? I must have missed that.
Feminists sure haven't been speaking out about it.

Because ISIS is so far beyond the pale. Why protest Hitler? You don't. You just fight it. ISIS is not amenable to protests.

lol, the right wing spin machine in full effect. You guys have to be shaking in your boots by now....this is just the beginning.

Well, people should be scared of a movement who asks one Madonna to speak... when she says things like "I have thought many times how I wanted to blow up the White House" or something to that effect.

I wouldn't take anything Madonna says seriously. She's been desperate for attention for some time now.

Then why was she at this march? That speaks volumes.

I have no idea what she said, and I don't particularly care. But she has a right to be there, as any American does.
She said the F word at least 4 times, said Trump should suck c**k, and that she'd though about bombing the Whitehouse or something similar. This with an audience with children in it. Of course there were a great many vulgar placards and walking vaginas too. And these women complain they aren't treated with respect.
They don't deserve respect. Respect is earned.

And they are an embarrassment to their gender.

Aha!

But that was the wrong way to get it.

True...but - do you seriously think Madonna has EVER had good judgement? :lol:

No, and poor judgement is no excuse for such vile rhetoric. But this also speaks to the judgement of the organizers of this event too. While I think there a hundreds of thousands of well meaning women out there participating, this movement has lost all credibility with me when they allow someone like that out there. Yeah, this is a movement I no longer take seriously.

Imagine if Trump said he thought about blowing up a bunch of abortion clinics. Think about that.

I think they caught Madonna saying something off the cuff much as Trump tends to.

Now that's interesting. When Trump says stuff like this, most of the time liberals like you are taking him seriously. But now when Madonna says it at a movement you support?

Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that a double standard?
Plus Madonna was reading from notes. I don't think it was off the cuff.

Do you have proof of this? If she was, whoever wrote those notes should be investigated too.

Aha!

But that was the wrong way to get it.

No, and poor judgement is no excuse for such vile rhetoric. But this also speaks to the judgement of the organizers of this event too. While I think there a hundreds of thousands of well meaning women out there participating, this movement has lost all credibility with me when they allow someone like that out there. Yeah, this is a movement I no longer take seriously.

Imagine if Trump said he thought about blowing up a bunch of abortion clinics. Think about that.

I think they caught Madonna saying something off the cuff much as Trump tends to.

Now that's interesting. When Trump says stuff like this, most of the time liberals like you are taking him seriously. But now when Madonna says it at a movement you support?

Was Madonna reading from notes? I thought she was talking out of her buttocks :smoke:

Do you have proof of this? If she was, whoever wrote those notes should be investigated too.

She could have written her own notes :dunno:

Was Madonna reading from notes? I thought she was talking out of her buttocks :smoke:

or...her .... tatood area...

I hope, so hope, he can hear the roar from 1600 Pennsylvania. It was discouraging to me that Trump's popularity wasn't affected in the least by his "Grab 'em by the Pussy" comments or peeking into the dressing rooms at Miss Universe, or some of the other snatch and grab rudeness that was reported by other women. The March today is making me feel a little better. Maybe things aren't quite as bad as I thought.

Yeah, those women are so, so concerned with women's rights - so much so that they haven't uttered a peep in 6 years while 1 MM syrian women were massacred by russia and iran.

Because ISIS is so far beyond the pale. Why protest Hitler? You don't. You just fight it. ISIS is not amenable to protests.
When have feminists advocated fighting terrorism?

Are they supposed to?

You're kind of (or deliberately?) obfuscating here.

When a Joe Blow says something it is taken less seriously then when the POTUS says something. When Madonna talks - do the stock markets tremble? Do nations perk up? Do sabers rattle?

Methinks you are obfuscating by trying to downplay the seriousness of her remarks, Coyote. Frankly, by using some of the same excuses as some of the rightists on this board used for Trump's not so bright remarks.

Last edited:
Whatever rattles when Madonna squawks...ok might be sabres...they might perk...or tremble...but it's of a different sort.

But you should take comments and statements like that seriously. The fact you aren't is rather concerning. I don't find this funny in the slightest.

raw

Last edited:

Are they supposed to?
You tell me...since this protest is "global" and you just said ISIS raping girls was a waste of time to protest.

Whatever rattles when Madonna squawks...ok might be sabres...they might perk...or tremble...but it's of a different sort.

But you should take comments and statements like that seriously. The fact you aren't is rather concerning. I don't find this funny in the slightest.

Why Etherion? Do you take EVERY statement against the POTUS seriously? I agree they should all be investigated, but I don't take them all seriously and I don't understand why you think I should.

When I hear them I think about whether they could carry it out or inspire others to carry it out. Not sure Madonna fits either category, so my view is - by all means check it out, but I am not too concerned.

Edited to add:

Here are another example...should you or I be seriously concerned?

Fox analyst apologizes for Obama assassination joke - - POLITICO.com

Are they supposed to?
You tell me...since this protest is "global" and you just said ISIS raping girls was a waste of time to protest.

Nice way of totally misrepresenting my position.

Explain to me this: does ISIS care who protests? Will protests DO anything to change their behavior?

Why Etherion? Do you take EVERY statement against the POTUS seriously? I agree they should all be investigated, but I don't take them all seriously and I don't understand why you think I should.

When I hear them I think about whether they could carry it out or inspire others to carry it out. Not sure Madonna fits either category, so my view is - by all means check it out, but I am not too concerned.

"Do you take EVERY statement against the POTUS seriously?"

This is different, even people in the MSM are hinting and obviously trying to incite someone to assassinate The Donald some in the MSM have openly called for him to be assassinated on their Twitter page.

And we all know that if The Donald was assassinated then 80% of Leftists across the world would have a collective orgasm and then throw a big street party and get drunk and celebrate the murder of this man, don't say they wouldn't because they would.

The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Women's Marches Go Global: Postcards From Protests Around The World

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity

Stupidity is also global

These marches prove it.

Are they supposed to?

Nice way of totally misrepresenting my position.

Explain to me this: does ISIS care who protests? Will protests DO anything to change their behavior?

Yes, it will embolden them.

Did you really not know this?????

Seriously?

The popular meme is that the Women's March is simply an anti-Trump march. But it isn't. It's a march for the recognition of issues important to women, that are being buried under the onslaught of anti-PC rhetoric that legitimizes "pussy grabbing" as no big deal and is chipping away at women's reproductive rights and freedoms. Trump is the first modern president who openly demeans women as sexual objects - and supporters find that acceptable.

The marches global - there are marches in all states and in countries around the world where women face far more serious issues, then we do here. It's a worldwide sisterhood.

Women's Marches Go Global: Postcards From Protests Around The World

Sister marches have been organized in all 50 states, and in countries around the world. They have been organized to express solidarity with the aims of the original march: opposition to President Trump's agenda, and support of women's rights and human rights in general.

Given the quirks of time zones, many of those marches kicked off before the event that inspired them. In Paris, London, Berlin, Amsterdam, Mexico City, Bangkok, Delhi, Cape Town, and other cities, protesters have already broken out their signs and pink hats in solidarity

Stupidity is also global

These marches prove it.

My God!

Beautifully said!:clap:

raw

And I would be responding the same way if Ted Nugent had ever said something similar during Obama's presidency.

Forum List

Back