The Women's March is Global

True...but - do you seriously think Madonna has EVER had good judgement? :lol:

No, and poor judgement is no excuse for such vile rhetoric. But this also speaks to the judgement of the organizers of this event too. While I think there a hundreds of thousands of well meaning women out there participating, this movement has lost all credibility with me when they allow someone like that out there. Yeah, this is a movement I no longer take seriously.

Imagine if Trump said he thought about blowing up a bunch of abortion clinics. Think about that.

I think they caught Madonna saying something off the cuff much as Trump tends to.

Now that's interesting. When Trump says stuff like this, most of the time liberals like you are taking him seriously. But now when Madonna says it at a movement you support?

Hmmm. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't that a double standard?
Plus Madonna was reading from notes. I don't think it was off the cuff.

Do you have proof of this? If she was, whoever wrote those notes should be investigated too.
I saw it on sky news. I imagine she wrote the notes herself.

Whatever rattles when Madonna squawks...ok might be sabres...they might perk...or tremble...but it's of a different sort.

But you should take comments and statements like that seriously. The fact you aren't is rather concerning. I don't find this funny in the slightest.

Why Etherion? Do you take EVERY statement against the POTUS seriously? I agree they should all be investigated, but I don't take them all seriously and I don't understand why you think I should.

When I hear them I think about whether they could carry it out or inspire others to carry it out. Not sure Madonna fits either category, so my view is - by all means check it out, but I am not too concerned.

"Do you take EVERY statement against the POTUS seriously?"

This is different, even people in the MSM are hinting and obviously trying to incite someone to assassinate The Donald some in the MSM have openly called for him to be assassinated on their Twitter page.

And we all know that if The Donald was assassinated then 80% of Leftists across the world would have a collective orgasm and then get throw a big street party and get drunk and celebrate the murder of this man, don't say they wouldn't because they would.

Lucy...it may surprise you to hear this (I'm a leftist after all) - but I'd rather have Trump then Pence.

Other then that - risks need to be evaluated and reacted to accordingly. I'm not going to have heart palpitations at every threat. Someone like Madonna making an offhand remark like that is not someone I take seriously. I trust the SS to look into all of this approriately. Foxnews joked about killing Obama - tasteless, like Madonna - but not a serious threat.

Whatever rattles when Madonna squawks...ok might be sabres...they might perk...or tremble...but it's of a different sort.

But you should take comments and statements like that seriously. The fact you aren't is rather concerning. I don't find this funny in the slightest.

raw

And I would be responding the same way if Ted Nugent had ever said something similar during Obama's presidency.

I guess I would look at what was said in it's context and react accordingly. If Nugent said something in the same way as Madonna, I'd blow it off :dunno:

Why Etherion? Do you take EVERY statement against the POTUS seriously? I agree they should all be investigated, but I don't take them all seriously and I don't understand why you think I should.

When I hear them I think about whether they could carry it out or inspire others to carry it out. Not sure Madonna fits either category, so my view is - by all means check it out, but I am not too concerned.

Edited to add:

Here are another example...should you or I be seriously concerned?

Fox analyst apologizes for Obama assassination joke - - POLITICO.com
Why not? She is a loon with unlimited funds.

Because ISIS is so far beyond the pale. Why protest Hitler? You don't. You just fight it. ISIS is not amenable to protests.
When have feminists advocated fighting terrorism?

Are they supposed to?
You tell me...since this protest is "global" and you just said ISIS raping girls was a waste of time to protest.

Nice way of totally misrepresenting my position.

Explain to me this: does ISIS care who protests? Will protests DO anything to change their behavior?

Yes, it will embolden them.

Did you really not know this?????

Seriously?

Are you saying protests against ISIS serves to embolden them?

I suppose that is possible.

However, what Blue Gin was saying was that women SHOULD be protesting ISIS.

Because, I spent the past 18 months being told I should take Trump and his comments seriously.

But hey...I guess the standards change from president to president.

Feminists sure haven't been speaking out about it.

Because ISIS is so far beyond the pale. Why protest Hitler? You don't. You just fight it. ISIS is not amenable to protests.

Are they supposed to?
You tell me...since this protest is "global" and you just said ISIS raping girls was a waste of time to protest.

Explain to me this: does ISIS care who protests? Will protests DO anything to change their behavior?
So who exactly cares about your soiled panties protests right now?

Because such remarks could inspire someone to actually try it (and fail miserably in the process, I might add). This is why you should be concerned.

Edited to add:

Here are another example...should you or I be seriously concerned?

Fox analyst apologizes for Obama assassination joke - - POLITICO.com
Why not? She is a loon with unlimited funds.

She is indeed. But loon or not - has she ever acted in a violent way - blown up stuff? Tried to kill someone?

The SS and all, they know how to evaluate threats.

Are they supposed to?

Yes, it will embolden them.

Did you really not know this?????

Seriously?

Are you saying protests against ISIS serves to embolden them?

I suppose that is possible.

However, what Blue Gin was saying was that women SHOULD be protesting ISIS.
So in other words we should just ignore it.

This is different, even people in the MSM are hinting and obviously trying to incite someone to assassinate The Donald some in the MSM have openly called for him to be assassinated on their Twitter page.

And we all know that if The Donald was assassinated then 80% of Leftists across the world would have a collective orgasm and then get throw a big street party and get drunk and celebrate the murder of this man, don't say they wouldn't because they would.

Lucy...it may surprise you to hear this (I'm a leftist after all) - but I'd rather have Trump then Pence.

Other then that - risks need to be evaluated and reacted to accordingly. I'm not going to have heart palpitations at every threat. Someone like Madonna making an offhand remark like that is not someone I take seriously. I trust the SS to look into all of this approriately. Foxnews joked about killing Obama - tasteless, like Madonna - but not a serious threat.

But most of them would rather Pence than Trump and that's the problem, it's Trump they hate him so much they want him dead, they don't call for Pence to be murdered, they only call for Trump to be murdered.

Anyone calling for Trump's assassination should just be immediately thrown into Gitmo, period.

Because such remarks could inspire someone to actually try it (and fail miserably in the process, I might add). This is why you should be concerned.

That would be the only reason I would be concerned - she's a loon but that is it. However - in all honesty, is she responsible for what others might do? She made an off hand remark - it's not like she's standing there exorting someone to blow up the White House.

It's not like I want to defend her, she's a nut and I don't even like her music, but I'm trying to be realistic here.

And lest we forget Ashley Judds nonsense:

"I am not as nasty as a swastika painted on a pride flag. And I didn't know devils could be resurrected but I feel Hitler in these streets. A mustache traded for a toupee," Judd said. "I am not as nasty as racism, fraud, conflict of interest, homophobia, sexual assault, transphobia, white supremacy, misogyny ignorance.

"We are not here to be debunked. We are here to be respected. We are here to be nasty. I'm nasty, like my blood stains on my bedsheets."

:cuckoo:

Stupid bunch of hypocritical loons playing at being victims. Not in my name, thanks.

But most of them would rather Pence than Trump and that's the problem, it's Trump they hate him so much they want him dead, they don't call for Pence to be murdered, they only call for Trump to be murdered.

Anyone calling for Trump's assassination should just be immediately thrown into Gitmo, period.

:lol: No...you're wrong about that.

Pence is a known quantity and Pence knows how to work with Congress and he and the rightwing Congress are on the same page. Trump isn't. Trump has his own ideas. We'd risk Trump over Pence. Pence's agenda would be far worse.

That would be the only reason I would be concerned - she's a loon but that is it. However - in all honesty, is she responsible for what others might do? She made an off hand remark - it's not like she's standing there exorting someone to blow up the White House.

Hitler inspired millions with his evil. And we brand him as a mass murderer, even though he didn't directly participate in the slaughter. Words have power. Words can move people to do terrible things.

Just ask Joseph Goebbels.

:lol: No...you're wrong about that.

Pence is a known quantity and Pence knows how to work with Congress and he and the rightwing Congress are on the same page. Trump isn't. Trump has his own ideas. We'd risk Trump over Pence. Pence's agenda would be far worse.

I agree. Ayatollah Pence would be bad.

Because, I spent the past 18 months being told I should take Trump and his comments seriously.

But hey...I guess the standards change from president to president.

Don't you think there is a difference between a President (and Presidential candidate) and an entertainer? A difference in how seriously you take their statements, in your expectations?

It's not standards from president to president.

Hitler inspired millions with his evil. And we brand him as a mass murderer, even though he didn't directly participate in the slaughter. Words have power. Words can move people to do terrible things.

Just ask Joseph Goebbels.

Are you seriously comparing Madonna to Hitler, Etherion? Seriously?

And lest we forget Ashley Judds nonsense:

"I am not as nasty as a swastika painted on a pride flag. And I didn't know devils could be resurrected but I feel Hitler in these streets. A mustache traded for a toupee," Judd said. "I am not as nasty as racism, fraud, conflict of interest, homophobia, sexual assault, transphobia, white supremacy, misogyny ignorance.

"We are not here to be debunked. We are here to be respected. We are here to be nasty. I'm nasty, like my blood stains on my bedsheets."

:cuckoo:

Stupid bunch of hypocritical loons playing at being victims. Not in my name, thanks.
Ashley clearly has serious mental health issues. That rant was way out there.

Forum List

Back