The Word Police Are At It Again. We Can't Monkey Around Anymore

This week was the first time in 6 decades I've heard the idiom "monkey up". Not familiar with the candidate and have spent less than a week of my life in Florida so I don't know how common it is as a idiom down there. Given that, its use struck me as uncomfortably strange when these ears are used to: "screw up", "f----up", "mess up" to express such thought. I refer to hearing these alternative expressions in the third person, of course.

Been used plenty of times before. Here's one who used it that you may know:

Obama in 2008: Both Parties 'Have Monkeyed Around With Elections'

This thread, and many other threads and post like it on USMB and elsewhere, is the reason why Republicans will never have any capital with blacks in America, as long as they continue on this vein.

That is all.

Well Trump has been gaining support with blacks due to the economy. It seems like they don't care about Democrats Monkeying around with stupid allegations.

I actually got one of these as a child and gave it to my first serious GF. She was FBI, full blooded Italian. :p

s-l500.jpg

This thread, and many other threads and post like it on USMB and elsewhere, is the reason why Republicans will never have any capital with blacks in America, as long as they continue on this vein..
A contributing factor to this, of course, is the fact that those on the Left who don't want Republicans to make gains with minorities keep screaming RACIST at every last damn thing that moves, knowing how effective it is in instigating anger and keeping us divided.

Much of the Left doesn't want real racial healing. That would be bad politics.

So, as usual, both ends are choosing to contribute to this mess.

So a guy says something racist
He gets called a racist
And you blame the people calling him a racist for the controversy.

Do you also blame victims of family violence for staining the carpet with their blood?

I know, I’m “making your point for you” or whatever your stock retort is nowadays.

What he said was racist? Only a racist would have construed his words that way.
ok

So, of all the phrases this guy could have used…”monkey up” is the one he chose. I have to admit, “monkey around with” was a phrase I have heard quite often. Never “money up”… It’s easy to see what he was trying to do.

What is offensive is that this may work with Trump supporters.

What he did was compliment the guy on several levels, and then said (as a verb) not to monkey up the system. It was in no way a reference to anything but the system.

:113:

A contributing factor to this, of course, is the fact that those on the Left who don't want Republicans to make gains with minorities keep screaming RACIST at every last damn thing that moves, knowing how effective it is in instigating anger and keeping us divided.

Total nonsense Mac.

If you're going to make such spacious claims, you're gonna have to start identifying and naming some of these people who so-called "don't want Republicans to make gains with minorities."

BTW, I'm talking specifically black people here. I can't vouch for any other minority. Most of the time they side with whites.

Getting him to be specific...yeah...good luck with that.

That is why Fox News scolded Desantis for his word choice. Everyone knew what he meant.

I don't agree with you. But supposing DeSantis did call his chickenshit leftist snowflake opponent a monkey. Who gives a shit? If this is what you think is racism, who really gives a shit about racism? It's totally meaningless.

This thread, and many other threads and post like it on USMB and elsewhere, is the reason why Republicans will never have any capital with blacks in America, as long as they continue on this vein.

That is all.

And that is why a majority black city or state will always be a shithole.

Any day now you won’t be able to say “You’re making a monkey out of a molehill” anymore.

joau3zwrckirquwq1ij4.jpg

We need an entire dictionary to identify words the left thinks are out of bounds or racist.

Now we can't use Monkey anymore.

We aren't supposed to use vagina anymore. Instead we must use "Front Hole".
We can't mention Planet of the Apes, because clearly, that's racist as Hell.

Maybe we need the left to give us a list of words or phrases they're gonna use to attack people with, then maybe we can avoid them.

That would save all of the hassle in the future.

images

So what? still use it whenever and when they call you racist, say, "I reject your label" and shrug. What are they really gonna do?

Cry?

Maybe we need the left to give us a list of words or phrases they're gonna use to attack people with, then maybe we can avoid them.
I have long advocated for a website we could all visit every morning for an update on words we are not allowed to say.

But the PC zealots want to keep that list a secret, and fluid, so that they can just make it up as they go, opportunity by opportunity.

So forget it, we're not getting that website.

Ok this was at 8:03 AM, but at 11 you started a thread that seemed to imply you couldn't believe the racial slur that was used. I guess this is what comes of living on a mountaintop in Switzerland, huh?

This thread, and many other threads and post like it on USMB and elsewhere, is the reason why Republicans will never have any capital with blacks in America, as long as they continue on this vein..

So a guy says something racist
He gets called a racist
And you blame the people calling him a racist for the controversy.

Do you also blame victims of family violence for staining the carpet with their blood?

I know, I’m “making your point for you” or whatever your stock retort is nowadays.
Who knows if you really believe what he said was racist.
Who knows if you really believe you are not a member of a tribe.

You folks are going to scream it no matter what, so keep screaming.
And you’ll keep being a hypocrite no matter what so keep up with the hypocrisy.
Cool, thanks!

Total nonsense Mac.

If you're going to make such spacious claims, you're gonna have to start identifying and naming some of these people who so-called "don't want Republicans to make gains with minorities."

BTW, I'm talking specifically black people here. I can't vouch for any other minority. Most of the time they side with whites.
Yeah, I know better, first hand.

I realize the game is going to be played, but I don't have to play it.

I have long advocated for a website we could all visit every morning for an update on words we are not allowed to say.

But the PC zealots want to keep that list a secret, and fluid, so that they can just make it up as they go, opportunity by opportunity.

Ok this was at 8:03 AM, but at 11 you started a thread that seemed to imply you couldn't believe the racial slur that was used. I guess this is what comes of living on a mountaintop in Switzerland, huh?
"...seemed to imply..." Perfect. Your perception. I'll say it again:

Unlike you, I happily take incoming from both ends of the spectrum every day here. This thread has been a perfect microcosm of that.

Unlike you, I don't have a nice, big, warm, soft, comfy, cozy ideological "Safe Space" in which I can hide and from which I can fling poo.

Unlike you, I don't need one.

But thanks for your rapt, if a little creepy, attention.

Unlike you, I happily take incoming from both ends of the spectrum every day here. This thread has been a perfect microcosm of that.

Unlike you, I don't have a nice, big, warm, soft, comfy, cozy ideological Safe Space in which I can hide and from which I can fling poo.

Are you okay? Seriously. Because you responded to one thread saying the PC police were at it again, and then three hours later, STARTED a thread saying "Holy Sh1t, you can't make this stuff up" about the VERY SAME INCIDENT.

I am not trying to find these posts of yours, I don't even know you and don't care. I was perusing the Politics and Current Events forum and came upon them.

THat's just....weird.

Unlike you, I don't have a nice, big, warm, soft, comfy, cozy ideological Safe Space in which I can hide and from which I can fling poo.

Are you okay? Seriously. Because you responded to one thread saying the PC police were at it again, and then three hours later, STARTED a thread saying "Holy Sh1t, you can't make this stuff up" about the VERY SAME INCIDENT.

I am not trying to find these posts of yours, I don't even know you and don't care. I was perusing the Politics and Current Events forum and came upon them.

THat's just....weird.
I've made myself quite clear multiple times for the wingers here, but just for you, once again.

I thought his abject tone-deafness was absolutely hilarious and a little astonishing.

I thought the Regressive Left's faux outrage was absolutely predictable.

The two conditions can exist in the same universe. They really can.

I can't make it simpler for you than that.

Last edited:

THat's just....weird.
I've made myself quite clear multiple times for the wingers here, but just for you, once again.

I thought his abject tone-deafness was absolutely hilarious and a little astonishing.

The two can exist in the same universe. They really can.

I say if you think it's "abject tone deafness", you're edging toward outrage. Especially with the exclamation "Holy sh1t". How else do you express outrage if not "Holy sh1t"?

That is an expression of outrage. You can't "call someone out" for something that you are doing yourself--being outraged. Dude, you're all wet!!

THat's just....weird.

The two can exist in the same universe. They really can.

I say if you think it's "abject tone deafness", you're edging toward outrage. Especially with the exclamation "Holy sh1t". How else do you express outrage if not "Holy sh1t"?

That is an expression of outrage. You can't "call someone out" for something that you are doing yourself--being outraged. Dude, you're all wet!!
Too funny. Standard winger myopia - All you "see" is that which triggers you.

Okay, keep humping my leg, I've made this as simple as I can for you.

Forum List

Back