The Worst Weather Ever

The amount of H2O in the atmosphere definitely does equate to what comes down in rain and snow.

To argue otherwise is pathetically stupid...
Moisture in the atmosphere must precipitate into rain, snow, dew, or frost. Otherwise, it's just moist air.

Yes ... it does ... water continually evaporates ... therefore, it must continually condense back out ... the water cycle ... high temperatures allow more water to be evaporated which in turn means more water is rained back out ... 7% more per degree Celsius at surface temperatures ... not near enough to solve the world's drinking water problems ... but it will help ...

Yes, there are other conditions that must be met, the ones you mentioned are commonplace ... all that's left is uplift ... again, something commonplace in our atmosphere ... the warmer world is a wetter world ...

Not entirely true, scientists have been studying the long term climate cycles and they alternate between cold/wet to warm/dry to cold/dry to warm/wet.

Not entirely true, scientists have been studying the long term climate cycles and they alternate between cold/wet to warm/dry to cold/dry to warm/wet.

If you PARROT on this issue, you get NOTHING RIGHT...

Is a warmer Earth a wetter or drier place??

If you PARROT on this issue, you get NOTHING RIGHT...

Is a warmer Earth a wetter or drier place??

It depends on which climate cycle you are in.

Let's take an imaginary island in an imaginary sea on an imaginary planet whose average temperature is, say, 12.5C. Under those conditions, the odds of a catastrophic fire tell us that one should take place every 200 years. Now lets dial up the imaginary planet's temperature to 14C. The odds of a fire under those conditions tell us that one should take place every 150 years. So, a fire takes place. Did the temperature increase CAUSE the fire? Obviously not. It simply increased the odds of it taking place.

You think Maui was a wildfire?!! 🤡

Thought you were the science guy in here?:abgg2q.jpg:

Let's take an imaginary island in an imaginary sea on an imaginary planet whose average temperature is, say, 12.5C. Under those conditions, the odds of a catastrophic fire tell us that one should take place every 200 years. Now lets dial up the imaginary planet's temperature to 14C. The odds of a fire under those conditions tell us that one should take place every 150 years. So, a fire takes place. Did the temperature increase CAUSE the fire? Obviously not. It simply increased the odds of it taking place.
Let's also pretend an imaginary dragon started the fires.
Children and their imaginations. Lol.

Climate change is real

This is always their answer when busted for being full of shit. Your "theory" is Global Warming, and Co2 is the "cause."

Climate change is a science. On Earth, Co2 has nothing to do with Earth climate change...

It does NOT.
Warming Earth makes Earth wetter.
There is no "cycle."

There's the diurnal cycle ... that's extremely important to weather, however we "average" this effect out in climatology ... same with the season cycles, El Nino cycles, Arctic oscillations, orbits, solar cycles, waves ...

Not that I agree with Westwall ... but ... I have nothing to say he's wrong either ... his idea works theoretically, so it's worth pursuing ... if it fits known history, then his ideas could well be right ... that's how scientific research works ...

There's the diurnal cycle ... that's extremely important to weather, however we "average" this effect out in climatology ... same with the season cycles, El Nino cycles, Arctic oscillations, orbits, solar cycles, waves ...

Not that I agree with Westwall ... but ... I have nothing to say he's wrong either ... his idea works theoretically, so it's worth pursuing ... if it fits known history, then his ideas could well be right ... that's how scientific research works ...

Confusing climate with weather again, part of your "job" no doubt...

If you increase atmospheric H2O, which is what warming does exponentially, do you get more or less rain and snow on planet Earth?

Confusing climate with weather again, part of your "job" no doubt...

If you increase atmospheric H2O, which is what warming does exponentially, do you get more or less rain and snow on planet Earth?

Logarithmically ... here's the graph from Engineer's Toolbox ... don't confuse that "7%" number with actual scientific knowledge ... I've only agreed to use this at surface temperatures ... the horizontal line at 101.3 kPa ...

A warmer Earth means a wetter Earth ... just not enough to solve our drinking water problems ... the upcoming US Civil War starts in the Colorado River Basin ... our political climate is changing, read the IPCC report, I dare you ...

Logarithmically ... here's the graph from Engineer's Toolbox ... don't confuse that "7%" number with actual scientific knowledge ... I've only agreed to use this at surface temperatures ... the horizontal line at 101.3 kPa ...

A warmer Earth means a wetter Earth ... just not enough to solve our drinking water problems ... the upcoming US Civil War starts in the Colorado River Basin ... our political climate is changing, read the IPCC report, I dare you ...

From your link

"Water tends to evaporate or vaporize by projecting molecules into the space above its surface. If the space is confined the partial pressure exerted by the molecules increases until the rate at which molecules reenter the liquid is equal to the rate at which they leave"

I do not know if I believe your test here accurately "models" the atmosphere. I do not accept, for the moment, that the atmosphere is "confined." Why should I?

From your link

"Water tends to evaporate or vaporize by projecting molecules into the space above its surface. If the space is confined the partial pressure exerted by the molecules increases until the rate at which molecules reenter the liquid is equal to the rate at which they leave"

I do not know if I believe your test here accurately "models" the atmosphere. I do not accept, for the moment, that the atmosphere is "confined." Why should I?

The atmosphere is confined by gravity ... the balloon data very clearly demonstrates this, we see both adiabatic and pseudoadabatic processes, usually all in the same trace ... very easy to duplicate this in the lab as well the theoretical calculations and all this data matches up ... again and again ... it's a vector thing ... you wouldn't understand ...

I'm glad you read that part and quoted it ... at the same time, water molecules in the vapor state are colliding with the water surface and re-incorporating herself into the liquid water ... when these two rates are equal, we say the system is saturated ... at 100% RH, as much water is leaving the oceans, lakes or rivers as is entering back into these bodies of water ...

"Woe are they that ignore the energy involved in evaporation ... for they will always be wrong until they do ..." -- Somewhere in the Bible or maybe it was a textbook or SciAm article I kinda forget ...

The atmosphere is confined by gravity

Earth's atmosphere is not physically confined by a barrier like a plastic enclosure you use in a lab. It is subject to gravity, duh, but if we had two polar oceans, the atmosphere would physically expand as well as increase surface pressure. Your lab may not simulate that correctly. An enclosure would increase surface pressure more than a planet atmosphere increased with more gas molecules, assuming same/proportionate - lab vs planet.

Your simulation takes the physical growth, the volume growth, of Earth's atmosphere and packs it back inside a barrier.

FAIL

Forum List

Back