Zone1 There is no "GOD", deal with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Creation is proof.

Assuming it is a creation or caused by a divine intelligence or person. You a priori, presuppose that it is a creation or that an intelligence caused the big bang, without a shred of evidence. It's just you saying it, hence supposedly that's "evidence". That's ding-donkey thinking.

So what?

Doctors only act by their own observations and not what they wish for.

Would you rather a Dr wave a rattle over your kids to cure cancer because he has faith in his rattle?

Well they started with that, because of all the sciences, medicine has always been the most empirical and the least theoretical.

Well they started with that, because of all the sciences, medicine has always been the most empirical and the least theoretical.
But you don't want a doctor to work on faith alone do you?

And yet you say a decision based on faith alone makes one person better than another or at least makes believers better people than atheists.

you don't see the contradiction there?

And I'm saying you are wrong.

Theists believe in something bigger than themselves Atheists cannot.

Atheists can believe in a mission, purpose, and community, that is greater than themselves, to the point of giving their lives to it. Your view of atheism and humanity, in general, is quite shallow and silly.

But you don't want a doctor to work on faith alone do you?

And yet you say a decision based on faith alone makes one person better than another or at least makes believers better people than atheists.

you don't see the contradiction there?

No, because one can have faith and accept the empirical methods and procedures of medicine, even if one believes the world is only 10,000 years old and made by God.

To me it does make them better people, judging by how miserable the most militant Atheists are.

And I'm saying you are wrong.

Theists believe in something bigger than themselves Atheists cannot.
Sure they can.

They can believe are are a small part of the human race and an even smaller part of the universe as a whole. They can work to reduce the suffering of their fellow man or to make the planet a better place to live for others.

There is no need to believe in any gods in order to believe you are part of a bigger world and universe.

Atheists can believe in a mission, purpose, and community, that is greater than themselves, to the point of giving their lives to it. Your view of atheism and humanity, in general, is quite shallow and silly.

It all comes back to them in the end. AGW isn't about Earth, it's about their own fear of damage done to themselves, and it gives them a spiritual replacement for a godhead.

No, because one can have faith and accept the empirical methods and procedures of medicine, even if one believes the world is only 10,000 years old and made by God.

To me it does make them better people, judging by how miserable the most militant Atheists are.

You're just projecting your own miserable feelings on atheists.

Sure they can.

They can believe are are a small part of the human race and an even smaller part of the universe as a whole. They can work to reduce the suffering of their fellow man or to make the planet a better place to live for others.

There is no need to believe in any gods in order to believe you are part of a bigger world and universe.

It sure does help. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, all had Atheism as a core part of their philosophies and look what they did.

CommieFront even applauds them for it.

you think they are miserable because you think people need to worship a god to be happy.

I don't worship any gods am I am not "miserable" in fact I am humbled by how good my life is

It sure does help. Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, all had Atheism as a core part of their philosophies and look what they did.

Irrelevant.

People were tortured in the Inquisition too but do I paint ALL religions with that very broad brush? no.

Irrelevant.

People were tortured in the Inquisition too but do I paint ALL religions with that very broad brush? no.

Not even close to the level of those big 3.

Add Hitler, who was a religious opportunist at best and the various other Rooskie leaders and they got a sizable lead.

you think they are miserable because you think people need to worship a god to be happy.

I don't worship any gods am I am not "miserable" in fact I am humbled by how good my life is

I think being unable to acknowledge something larger than you in the universe makes you miserable.

If it wasn't for Stalin you would be speaking German now and saluting a flag with a Swastika.

You're just resorting to cheap capitalist rhetoric against Stalin and Mao. Pol Pot was funded by the US, and his philosophy was a mix of Marxism with local, Cambodian folk magic. The Vietnam war, started by the US, placed Pol Pot in power. Capitalist colonialism and American imperialism have killed more people than Stalin, , Mao, and all of the communist revolutions combined so you shouldn't resort to death toll arguments. Capitalism has a mountain of dead corpses under its feet. You have no moral high ground upon which to stand and point your crooked, feculent finger at communists.

Add Hitler, who was a religious opportunist at best and the various other Rooskie leaders and they got a sizable lead.
Still irrelevant.

You are holding all atheists to account for the deeds of a few men.

Slavery was condoned for how long because it was considered acceptable by a god? How many people were tortured and killed in all the centuries that slavery existed?

Hitler explicitly identified himself as a Christian.

I think being unable to acknowledge something larger than you in the universe makes you miserable.

That is naught but your opinion and as I said an atheist can acknowledge he is part of the larger human community and part of the universe without having to believe gods exist.

It is you who think that a god and the worshipping of a god is necessary and you are projecting your beliefs and needs onto other people.

If it wasn't for Stalin you would be speaking German now and saluting a flag with a Swastika.

You're just resorting to cheap capitalist rhetoric against Stalin and Mao. Pol Pot was funded by the US, and his philosophy was a mix of Marxism with local, Cambodian folk magic. The Vietnam war, started by the US, placed Pol Pot in power. Capitalist colonialism and American imperialism have killed more people than Stalin, , Mao, and all of the communist revolutions combined so you shouldn't resort to death toll arguments. Capitalism has a mountain of dead corpses under its feet. You have no moral high ground upon which to stand and point your crooked, feculent finger at communists.

Nothing but lies except for Russia doing most of the Nazi killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back