There is systemic racism we are unable to discuss calmly

So again King was murdered by a white person which shows just how much what he was doing was appreciated by whites such as yourself.
To be fair, all that really proves is what ONE white man, and any possible accomplices, thought of what Dr. King was doing. That said, there were (and still are) those who believe that James Earl Ray did a great service to the nation. I disagree in the strongest terms. However, the race of the person who shoots someone is no more proof of a larger sentiment than my standing in a garage proves that I am a car. It is evidence, but no more. Evidence that requires further fact to confirm or refute a claim.

That's your opinion, but the jailing, the stabbing the threats on his life and his families he constantly faced are evidence of how large the opposition to him was. I also think that what those ho were with him suffered are also plenty of evidence. There really is no more evidence that needs to be proven These excuses get old.
All of this evidence does point to a larger issue, true. That is all I was getting at. One part of it was the assassination of MLK, that is not the whole story though.

Blacks don't want to talk about how racist they are towards White people.

And whites don't want to talk about this:

There has never, ever, ever been a national set of laws or system put in place to systematically oppress white people or push them to a status that is 'less than,'" "Not once. Ever. So 'reverse racism' can truly never exist."

Alexia LaFata
They never want to address that. Considering the success of many Blacks one would love to see how whites would fare after 400 years of systemic oppression.

There has never, ever, ever been a national set of laws or system put in place to systematically oppress white people or push them to a status that is 'less than,'" "Not once. Ever. So 'reverse racism' can truly never exist."

Alexia LaFata
They never want to address that. Considering the success of many Blacks one would love to see how whites would fare after 400 years of systemic oppression.
See? You also don't want to talk about black racism. So if you don't want to talk about black racism, why the fuck should I want to talk about white racism?

I happen to appreciate his efforts. Without them a lot of people would not be alive today. Deliberately stirring the pot and increasing tensions is the exact opposite of what he stood for. I stand by my earlier post and suggest you educate yourself.

I'm 56 years old. I don't need to educate myself on what I saw. King stirred the pot and "increased the tension." You don't think the march on Selma stirred the pot? How about he Bus Boycott? The March on Washington? His speeches? The sit ins? Hw about when they visited Birmingham and got hosed and bit by dogs. He got put in jail. But he didn't stir the pot, I guess. He just sat at home dreaming and begging whites so see his children by the content f their character, He visited my hometown about two weeks before he died. I was 7 yeas old. He met with my father and other black ministers,. I got to shake his hand. As part of his visit, he went to a white barbershop on purpose because that barbershop had a long history of discrimination. The owners in that business district bitched and moaned to such an extent, that on the Sunday after he was gone the president of the university located in our town had an op ed in the local paper chewing them out for their racism. That's how much King stirred pots buddy. Your earlier statements were incorrect and ignorant. I suggest you educate yourself because you have made up a King that never existed. You don't know shit about Martin Luther King Jr.

While you were a child of 7 I was in my 20s and actually paying attention and understanding what was going on. Yes, he demonstrated for civil rights but he was a strong voice for non-violence. It was the violent riots that stirred the pot and increased tensions. Again, educate yourself.

Well since I was a black child, I was part of what was going on and like I said you know nothing about King. He was about non violence but not non confrontation. Understand the difference and educate yourself. King was stabbed, in his marches people got beaten and killed. You apparently did not pay attention to this which are the types of things that created the riots and that is what increased the tensions. But in usual ignorant white fashion you ignore what whites did and try blaming blacks for how they retaliated basically in self defense.. So again King was murdered by a white person which shows just how much what he was doing was appreciated by whites such as yourself.

Your racist bullshit gets old really quick.
And if you want a discussion you really need to address what I actually write instead of what you imagine or wish I wrote. I did not say that he was non-confrontational. Or that there was never any violence surrounding his demonstrations. Nor did I attempt to assign blame for violence and riots.
And, no, our respective races neither earns any points or proves anything about either of us.
The fact that MLK was murdered by a white guy proves absolutely nothing about anything.
Before you go making wild assumptions based on race you apparently need to be reminded that whites also marched with blacks-and some died- for civil rights and that their support was critical in getting civil rights legislation passed. You slander their accomplishments along with MLK's. Educate yourself.

Ok. Lets look at what you said,

Insisting that minorities are not part of the "ruling class" is untrue and only serves to exacerbate this Nations' problems. You seek to further divide rather than unite. You belittle the efforts of great men like MLK when you deny their accomplishments. You increase the anger. You are not part of the solution; you are part of the problem.

Blacks aren't part of the ruling class. A black person talking about that is not trying to divide an already racially divided nation. The person you talk about is not belittling King, he is carrying on Kings tradition. The fact King was murdered by a white guy is evidence that what you say is completely wrong. The fact King got murdered shows he never got to finish his work.

I know what whites did. But you are white and like the other whites of your age you want to give yourself extra credit for being in a crowd marching. I don't need to educate myself on what I already know. What you need to do is understand that your opinion of King just doesn't matter all at much to me. Name me a time when this nation has ever been united on race. You can't. So then why in the hell are you telling a black person they are further dividing something by the mention of racism. The anger has never left, so what anger is this person creating? You make no sense. Maybe you need the education.

"Blacks aren't part of the ruling class"
I disagree.
"A black person talking about that is not trying to divide an already racially divided nation."
A black person but not a white person? And I said " serves to" not "trying".
"...divide an already racially divided nation."

Didn't claim that the Nation doesn't remain somewhat racially divided. However it should be obvious to anyone who cares to look that it is much less divided than it once was. The races unified as just people and just Americans was MLK's stated goal and he was well aware that that could not be accomplished through hate and violence.

“I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls.”
Martin Luther King Jr., I Have A Dream

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

You seem determined to judge me by the color of my skin but you can't fight bigotry by becoming a bigot.

The fact King was murdered by a white guy is evidence that what you say is completely wrong.
Untrue as I already pointed out.

"So then why in the hell are you telling a black person they are further dividing something by the mention of racism"
I'm not and I didn't and you are just off on another of your flights of fancy. Dr. King's support of the Civil Rights Act was largely responsible for it's adoption was a hugh accomplishment put blacks on an equal legal footing with everybody else.
.No proof or even evidence has been presented to show that blacks do not participate in whatever you imagine to be a "ruling class" (the existence of which is also unproven) or that racism is in any way involved.

Alexia LaFata
See? I told you that blacks don't want to talk about their own racism.

Because we don't have the racism you have been shown in that quote. Whites do and that's the problem because it continues. That's the racism we are talking about. You are talking about how terrible it is for someone to call you a white boy, Well you being called a white boy hasn't cost you anything. But that national system of laws or system has done that to us..

Alexia LaFata

Because we don't have the racism you have been shown in that quote. Whites do and that's the problem because it continues. That's the racism we are talking about. You are talking about how terrible it is for someone to call you a white boy, Well you being called a white boy hasn't cost you anything. But that national system of laws or system has done that to us..

Now that quote is truly hilarious. That isn't a definition; it's an altogether transparent excuse to whine and play the victim and blame your woes on things that happened to your distant ancestors. Exactly what laws or systems absolve you of responsibility for your own actions or lack thereof?

Alexia LaFata

Well, after 1,000 years of systematic oppression for Estonia, it's now #1 in Europe's educational PISA scores, and producing tech like Kazaa, and Skype.

Last edited:
I'm 56 years old. I don't need to educate myself on what I saw. King stirred the pot and "increased the tension." You don't think the march on Selma stirred the pot? How about he Bus Boycott? The March on Washington? His speeches? The sit ins? Hw about when they visited Birmingham and got hosed and bit by dogs. He got put in jail. But he didn't stir the pot, I guess. He just sat at home dreaming and begging whites so see his children by the content f their character, He visited my hometown about two weeks before he died. I was 7 yeas old. He met with my father and other black ministers,. I got to shake his hand. As part of his visit, he went to a white barbershop on purpose because that barbershop had a long history of discrimination. The owners in that business district bitched and moaned to such an extent, that on the Sunday after he was gone the president of the university located in our town had an op ed in the local paper chewing them out for their racism. That's how much King stirred pots buddy. Your earlier statements were incorrect and ignorant. I suggest you educate yourself because you have made up a King that never existed. You don't know shit about Martin Luther King Jr.

While you were a child of 7 I was in my 20s and actually paying attention and understanding what was going on. Yes, he demonstrated for civil rights but he was a strong voice for non-violence. It was the violent riots that stirred the pot and increased tensions. Again, educate yourself.

Well since I was a black child, I was part of what was going on and like I said you know nothing about King. He was about non violence but not non confrontation. Understand the difference and educate yourself. King was stabbed, in his marches people got beaten and killed. You apparently did not pay attention to this which are the types of things that created the riots and that is what increased the tensions. But in usual ignorant white fashion you ignore what whites did and try blaming blacks for how they retaliated basically in self defense.. So again King was murdered by a white person which shows just how much what he was doing was appreciated by whites such as yourself.

And if you want a discussion you really need to address what I actually write instead of what you imagine or wish I wrote. I did not say that he was non-confrontational. Or that there was never any violence surrounding his demonstrations. Nor did I attempt to assign blame for violence and riots.
And, no, our respective races neither earns any points or proves anything about either of us.
The fact that MLK was murdered by a white guy proves absolutely nothing about anything.
Before you go making wild assumptions based on race you apparently need to be reminded that whites also marched with blacks-and some died- for civil rights and that their support was critical in getting civil rights legislation passed. You slander their accomplishments along with MLK's. Educate yourself.

Insisting that minorities are not part of the "ruling class" is untrue and only serves to exacerbate this Nations' problems. You seek to further divide rather than unite. You belittle the efforts of great men like MLK when you deny their accomplishments. You increase the anger. You are not part of the solution; you are part of the problem.

Blacks aren't part of the ruling class. A black person talking about that is not trying to divide an already racially divided nation. The person you talk about is not belittling King, he is carrying on Kings tradition. The fact King was murdered by a white guy is evidence that what you say is completely wrong. The fact King got murdered shows he never got to finish his work.

I know what whites did. But you are white and like the other whites of your age you want to give yourself extra credit for being in a crowd marching. I don't need to educate myself on what I already know. What you need to do is understand that your opinion of King just doesn't matter all at much to me. Name me a time when this nation has ever been united on race. You can't. So then why in the hell are you telling a black person they are further dividing something by the mention of racism. The anger has never left, so what anger is this person creating? You make no sense. Maybe you need the education.

I disagree.
"A black person talking about that is not trying to divide an already racially divided nation."

Didn't claim that the Nation doesn't remain somewhat racially divided. However it should be obvious to anyone who cares to look that it is much less divided than it once was. The races unified as just people and just Americans was MLK's stated goal and he was well aware that that could not be accomplished through hate and violence.

“I have a dream that one day little black boys and girls will be holding hands with little white boys and girls.”

“I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

You seem determined to judge me by the color of my skin but you can't fight bigotry by becoming a bigot.

The fact King was murdered by a white guy is evidence that what you say is completely wrong.

"So then why in the hell are you telling a black person they are further dividing something by the mention of racism"
I'm not and I didn't and you are just off on another of your flights of fancy. Dr. King's support of the Civil Rights Act was largely responsible for it's adoption was a hugh accomplishment put blacks on an equal legal footing with everybody else.
.No proof or even evidence has been presented to show that blacks do not participate in whatever you imagine to be a "ruling class" (the existence of which is also unproven) or that racism is in any way involved.

I don't care what you don't agree with. I know I am right and you are not. Martin Luther Kings goals was to ensure equal rights for blacks. By doing that perhaps the nation would become more unified. Not what you say. Dr. King did not just not support the Civil Rights Act. Dr. King made the civil rights act and still today blacks do not have equal footing. There is no disputing this from a white man who doesn't have to live as a non white and never has.

Those like you are why we can't have this conversation. You are white and yet you think you cam tell us as blacks what our leaders stand for, what we experience, and how things are for something you've never been. The when we say not so, then we are the bigots.

The races never have unified at any time. This is why I tell you to educate yourself about Dr. King. You post up two lines from I have a dream, but there is a little more than that to things he has said.

The MLK White Supremacy Wanted Silenced

Don't try telling me shit about King. King was murdered by a white guy. King faced years of threats against his life by whites. Kings family faced threats. His children. And yet you sit on your white ass trying to give me your opinion.

This film shows you what happened after King was killed. His work was NEVER completed. He was murdered as he was planning a poor mans march on Washington.

This is the last speech he gave. I believe this was the night before he was killed. At that time he was planning a sanitation workers march in Memphis.

Martin Luther King's Last Speech that got him killed

There is plenty of proof blacks are not part of the ruling class and there is also plenty more proof that racism is the cause.

There is no bigotry here my man. None whatsoever. I am speaking the truth. You can't handle the truth.

Alexia LaFata

The oppression of Ireland, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, etc.was pretty nasty too.

Alexia LaFata

Now that quote is truly hilarious. That isn't a definition; it's an altogether transparent excuse to whine and play the victim and blame your woes on things that happened to your distant ancestors. Exactly what laws or systems absolve you of responsibility for your own actions or lack thereof?

That quote is a fact. What actions absolve you of your responsibility to recognize the 241 years of continuing white racism and the damage it has caused? Because this quote has nothing to do with my long lost ancestors idiot given the fact I was born when blacks were fighting for civil rights. And YOU, well your ass was born during legalized racial discrimination. So that's not so distant pod nuh.

I happen to appreciate his efforts. Without them a lot of people would not be alive today. Deliberately stirring the pot and increasing tensions is the exact opposite of what he stood for. I stand by my earlier post and suggest you educate yourself.

Blacks are hardly ever part of the ruling class, Jews on the other hand......

Alexia LaFata

The oppression of Ireland, Poland, Ukraine, Lithuania, etc.was pretty nasty too.

The go to those places and advocate. Because no one black did that.

I disagree.

Martin Luther King Jr.

I don't care what you don't agree with. I know I am right and you are not. Martin Luther Kings goals was to ensure equal rights for blacks. By doing that perhaps the nation would become more unified. Not what you say. Dr. King did not just not support the Civil Rights Act. Dr. King made the civil rights act and still today blacks do not have equal footing. There is no disputing this from a white man who doesn't have to live as a non white and never has.

Those like you are why we can't have this conversation. You are white and yet you think you cam tell us as blacks what our leaders stand for, what we experience, and how things are for something you've never been. The when we say not so, then we are the bigots.

The races never have unified at any time. This is why I tell you to educate yourself about Dr. King. You post up two lines from I have a dream, but there is a little more than that to things he has said.

Don't try telling me shit about King. King was murdered by a white guy. King faced years of threats against his life by whites. Kings family faced threats. His children. And yet you sit on your white ass trying to give me your opinion.

This film shows you what happened after King was killed. His work was NEVER completed. He was murdered as he was planning a poor mans march on Washington.

This is the last speech he gave. I believe this was the night before he was killed. At that time he was planning a sanitation workers march in Memphis.

There is plenty of proof blacks are not part of the ruling class and there is also plenty more proof that racism is the cause.

There is no bigotry here my man. None whatsoever. I am speaking the truth. You can't handle the truth.

The actual truth is that MLK would find your divisiveness misunderstanding and whining shameful and pathetic just as I do.

Last edited:

Alexia LaFata

Kind of like how 300,000 Blacks have been killed by other Blacks in the U.S since the 1970's?

I disagree.

Martin Luther King Jr.

The actual truth is that MLK would find your divisiveness misunderstanding and whining shameful and pathetic just as I do.

No that's not the actual truth. I don't give a damn what you think and MLK would be proud of those like me.

What I find pathetic are old white men who don't really know what King was about trying to pimp King into some conservative sellout Ben Carson styled punk.

Alexia LaFata

Kind of like how 300,000 Blacks have been killed by other Blacks in the U.S since the 1970's?

Kinda like show us a link to whites and blacks killed since 1970 from the department of justice.

Alexia LaFata

Thank Quincy Jones for this. He was awesome!

Alexia LaFata

Kinda like show us a link to whites and blacks killed since 1970 from the department of justice.

Far more civilian murderers were wrong, than cop ones.

Funny, you make a claim, then when asked to back it up with facts, you get all defensive and pretentious. Interesting. All I was asking for was actual data to support your claim. Simple, yet it took offending you to get it, apparently.
The source provider was included in the original posting. The image is linked from their website.
From your original posts' link:
"Implication #1: In order to truly understand the causes and consequences of massive racial disparities in student debt, we need to be able to track debt and repayment patterns by race."
"Implication #2: Research and policy focusing on undergraduate borrowing alone will address only a fraction of overall racial disparities in student debt."
"Implication #3: New repayment options such as the Revised Pay-As-You-Earn (REPAYE) plan may alleviate the worst consequences of racial debt disparities, while failing to address underlying causes."
So, there you have it. The authors of the study you cited aren't even making the clams you are.
There I have what? I'm making claims based on the that research and other research. The source is just providing the statistics. For example, a source could say that 100% of Fords fail while being driven causing crashes, while only 1% of GMs fail this way. From that statistic I can make the claim that Fords are more dangerous than GMs. A source could say that negroes score much lower on IQ tests than any other racial group. From that I can make the claim that negroes are generally dumber than others. The source is not required to make every possible conclusion for you.
True. Being as this is a discussion, I thought it prudent to inquire as to why you make the claims you do. As of yet, you have not made a convincing argument.
I make claims based on evidence. It's called critical thinking. You should try it.

Forum List

Back