🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

There was no letter on the bed

Watching Republican Senator's this morning on Morning Joe talking about this situation.

There was no letter on the bed. Senators asked the military and they said it had been fully investigated. It never existed.

One GOP Senator said that Bergdahl looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and appeared to be "coerced", but didn't seem to be in any imminent danger (huh"?). This from a 90 second video shown to all Senators.

And they were asked if the White House called them and apologized for any misunderstanding and they had the hardest time saying "yes".

Joe Scarborough attacked the parents of this kid while others at the table told him to leave the kid's parents alone. Joe said the parents should have called the Pentagon and demanded care for their son (after VA funding has been cut - like that's gonna happen).

What isn't clear is whether Republicans understand that it was al Qaeda that attacked the US. To an outside observer, after 9/11, the US then attacked Iraq and the Taliban but let the leader of al Qaeda go. I never could understand that.

And finally, isn't leaving an American in the hands of Islamic Extremists what Republicans accused Obama of doing?

I think in their zeal to attack the president, Republicans are setting themselves up for very difficult explanations. How do you think they will respond?

Republicans will continue to respond in all the wrong ways since they suffer from Obama Derangement Syndrome.

If Bergdahl is left in Afghanistan you'd have Republicans then pivoting to say that Obama "lets our heroes die!".

It is perplexing to any thinking person how it is that Saudi Arabian Al Qaeda dudes attacked us and we responded by capturing Taliban guys and attacking Iraq while Al Qaeda skipped town and went to Pakistan.

Republicans will continue to conflate two separate issues, that being our policy on POWs and the circumstances of individual POWs and their mindset or intentions, good or bad.

It may turn out that he deserves to be court martialed, but it doesn't change the fact that our policy is to bring our people home.

Personally, I think he was a deserter who felt our mission was deeply flawed. I don't believe he left to become a member of the enemy. But given those things, it's still better that we get him back so we can get closure on this stuff.

And it's better that the Taliban people who we can't charge with anything to release them and then drone their asses since we now have connections to the Afghan government and will no doubt help them take them out the minute they start doing things that go against reconciliation with their country's government.

It's win-win all around. We get to the bottom of the Burgdahl case. We empty and close Gitmo. We get to do away with some baddies who are returning to a landscape where almost all of their buddies have been killed by drones.

I'm pretty sure this was the same GOP Senator that was on Morning Joe. He said this kid looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and was being coerced, but didn't look like he was any imminent danger. I mean, come on. What do they mean by "imminent danger"? Head in a guillotine?

---------------------------------

“It appeared that he was drugged, and that he was barely responsive in the video itself,” said Sen. Saxby Chambliss, the ranking Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee. Critical of the Bergdahl swap, Chambliss told reporters, “I don’t think from a health standpoint there was any issue that dictated the release of these five nasty killers in exchange for Bergdahl.”

Bowe Bergdahl Had Left Unit Twice Before, Probe Shows - ABC News

While training for his unit’s deployment to Afghanistan, Bergdahl had briefly walked away from his unit while it was conducting training at the National Training Center at Fort Irwin, California, located in the Mojave Desert, according to a U.S. official briefed on the contents of that investigation said.
The investigation also found that Bergdahl had wandered away from his unit while deployed to eastern Afghanistan prior to his eventual disappearance on June 30, 2009, the official said.
Concluded in August 2009, the investigation determined that Bergdahl had likely walked away on his own from his unit’s remote outpost. It was also critical of discipline and security practices within in his platoon.

----------------------------------------------------------

So he wondered away twice before? And the military kept him? Who was he? Forrest Gump?

The more we find out, the worse it makes right wingers look.

Well as I posted in another thread the MSM is on the same page for this story. CNN, FOX, CBS and the rest. One would think that this would frustrate the Obama defenders but no they clog on. Blaming FOX only while ignoring the rest. Really quite amazing.

Its hilarious, forget Democrats are saying the same thing as Republicans, in fact one Democrat said much of what was in the OP to include ' the deal was TOTALLY ILLEGAL" and somehow its just the repubs and Fox. Its laughable. Forget the facts in the articles written years before the trade, we are only going to focus on what is said today and scream its all lies. Whatever.

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Facts reveled in 2012

Fact: He stated he would desert BEFORE ever arriving in Afghanistan.

Fact: His parents received his uniforms and equipment he mailed to them only 2 weeks into his tour, telling them they could use it as they saw fit as he would no longer need it.

Fact: He was upset after being denied entry into the French Foreign Legion and settled on joining the ARMY.

Fact: His father and mother got emails from him stating he hated America and the ARMY and his platoon leaders were 'stupid'.

He deserted and somehow those facts above which point to his state of mind and desire to leave his unit are BS today, why?

Like what? Other people on this thread saw the same show. They already backed it up.

bullshit. where is the link. if it was on a show, there is a link.

liar

saved rdean lie

SEE IT: Joe Scarborough spars with Chuck Todd over Bowe Bergdahl's parents - NY Daily News

I love making morons look like the morons they are. They demand a link to something you can find in 30 seconds because they don't know how to use Google. I suspect I post more links than any right winger at the USMB. The only time I don't post one, they call me a liar. They call me that anyway because they refuse to go to the links I do post. And they hate seeing what I post, even if it's from Fox or the Christian Science Monitor.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FwNeF68FXQ#t=49[/ame]

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSST:

we are talking about the letter on the bed

your video proved nothing, once again you show you are a liar

the reason rdean didn't give a link is because his OP is a LIE

saved rdean lie

Dean always leaves links....just ask him he will tell you.....except when he says something he cant back up....

Like what? Other people on this thread saw the same show. They already backed it up.

am i talking this show?.....or just your bullshit in general?....how about this one you posted a couple of years ago....."Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"......you could not back that one up.....you just gave your opinion of why YOU think that....and of course you got kicked on that one......how about when you claim Republicans hate minorities just because some far right bigots say something that you attribute to every Republican......and of course when i ask you a question about that....you did the famous Dean 2 step around it or just left the thread,something you are good at doing when you cant answer a question...most people here know you Dean....they know what i am talking about....

negotiations were in the works since december. does that fit your narrative that his release was manufactured to cover anything up?

Dean are you going to ask this guy for a link?...you do when a Righty makes statements like this.....just sayin....

I just watched a show where this administration was in negotiation with the Taliban about these five Taliban and Bergdahl began all the way back in 2011. The talks stalled because the negotiation became public and was printed in the main stream press. Names and everything.

but if a righty here would have said something like that,you would be saying..."typical Republican....says something with nothing verifying it,you guys are good at making things up".....you told me a long time ago,hearing something or seeing something aint shit unless you can back it up.....so i am holding you to the shit you preach here....

bullshit. where is the link. if it was on a show, there is a link.

liar

saved rdean lie

SEE IT: Joe Scarborough spars with Chuck Todd over Bowe Bergdahl's parents - NY Daily News

I love making morons look like the morons they are. They demand a link to something you can find in 30 seconds because they don't know how to use Google. I suspect I post more links than any right winger at the USMB. The only time I don't post one, they call me a liar. They call me that anyway because they refuse to go to the links I do post. And they hate seeing what I post, even if it's from Fox or the Christian Science Monitor.

The only time I don't post one,

the only time?......if you say so Dean.....you act like no one is ever in your threads....

The f..ing truth is that it was the left leaning NYT that reported there was a note and it has been reported there was but not in the official report. Now one must ask why did the left leaning NYT post sometime they knew was not true? Or did they believe it to be true and it was not? If the latter then where did they get the idea there was a note?

Never the less the emails he sent his parents is damning enough. Whether or not there was a note is just another left wing diversion. Can we start talking about how Obama f..ed over the Vets in VA hospitals?

Chambliss on Bergdahl swap: 'al-Qaida got its new board of directors'

NEW YORK, June 5 (UPI) --Appearing on MSNBC's Morning Joe, Georgia Senator Saxby Chambliss became the latest to condemn President Obama's prisoner swap, saying al-Qaida is celebrating the return of its most powerful commanders.

"There was nothing in that file relative to any letter he left," Chambliss said, alluding to reports that claim Bergdahl left a "resignation" letter upon his alleged desertion. "So when I saw the article in the press the other day about that I was really surprised by it because the army doesn't play games with us on something like this. Yesterday in the hearing we did get confirmation that there was in fact no letter that they're aware of." When asked if he knew of any military casualties incurred during efforts to rescue Sgt. Bergdahl, Chambliss said he did not.

------------------------------------------------

This idiot Republican may be pissed at Obama for bringing this guy home, but he shot down Fox and Republican talking points every time he opened his mouth.

And these dumbass right wingers like Yurt and Harry, when they call me a liar, they need to say about what so I can quickly show the world what fools they are.

The f..ing truth is that it was the left leaning NYT that reported there was a note and it has been reported there was but not in the official report. Now one must ask why did the left leaning NYT post sometime they knew was not true? Or did they believe it to be true and it was not? If the latter then where did they get the idea there was a note?

Never the less the emails he sent his parents is damning enough. Whether or not there was a note is just another left wing diversion. Can we start talking about how Obama f..ed over the Vets in VA hospitals?

You mean you haven't heard? Obama wasn't president in 2005. In fact, Republicans held both houses and the Presidency.
The way these right wingers rewrite history. Is it any wonder the entire world laughs at them?

----------------------------------------------

“The issues identified in current allegations are not new. Since 2005, the VA Office of Inspector General (OIG) has issued 18 reports that identified, at both the national and local levels, deficiencies in scheduling resulting in lengthy waiting times and the negative impact on patient care.”

VA OIG Report - The Report that Brought Down a VA Secretary | Veterans for Common Sense

Dean always leaves links....just ask him he will tell you.....except when he says something he cant back up....

am i talking this show?.....or just your bullshit in general?....how about this one you posted a couple of years ago....."Republicans HATE Education and want to END it"......you could not back that one up.....you just gave your opinion of why YOU think that....and of course you got kicked on that one......how about when you claim Republicans hate minorities just because some far right bigots say something that you attribute to every Republican......and of course when i ask you a question about that....you did the famous Dean 2 step around it or just left the thread,something you are good at doing when you cant answer a question...most people here know you Dean....they know what i am talking about....

Remember, Republicans wanted to make this guy president. What does that tell you?

And "some" far right bigots? You mean like delegates at the GOP Presidential Convention?

GOP delegates throw nuts at African American CNN camerawoman: "This Is How We Feed Animals"

Last edited by a moderator:

You mean you haven't heard? Obama wasn't president in 2005. In fact, Republicans held both houses and the Presidency.
The way these right wingers rewrite history. Is it any wonder the entire world laughs at them?

“The issues identified in current allegations are not new. Since 2005, the VA Office of Inspector General (OIG) has issued 18 reports that identified, at both the national and local levels, deficiencies in scheduling resulting in lengthy waiting times and the negative impact on patient care.”

VA OIG Report - The Report that Brought Down a VA Secretary | Veterans for Common Sense

OMG you are a faithful one aren't you? Obama promised to clean up the VA, he failed. He was taking heat for it and created another controversy that he thought would make him untouchable. He sent Susan Rice out to lie for him. Never the less he ran on saying how he was going to fix the VA, he did not. What happened before him is immaterial.

I suppose you missed the FACT in that report the 2005 issue was the only one under Bush. Issues 2-18 were from 2007 forwards under the democratic controlled congress and Obama.

1 verses 17 is pretty freaking horrible.

You also forgot to mention the 2012 VA report showed Obama and company were AWARE of the deaths at the Phoenix Hospital.

"Three days ago, the New York Times cited a “former senior military officer” for the claim that Bergdahl had left a note behind in his tent the night he disappeared saying “he had become disillusioned with the Army, did not support the American mission in Afghanistan and was leaving to start a new life.” Pretty strong evidence of desertion; in fact, it’s the only hard evidence of Bergdahl’s motives that allegedly exists. The same day, Fox News reported that two unnamed former members of Bergdahl’s unit also claim that he left a note, and that the note suggested not only desertion but an intent to renounce his citizenship. All of this came as a shock to Saxby Chambliss, the ranking GOP member on the Senate Intelligence Committee, who had read the classified file on Bergdahl and saw nothing in there about a note.
That’s when things started to get weird."

"Asked about what appeared to be a disconnect, the retired officer insisted that he remembered reading a field report discussing the existence of such a letter in the early days of the search and was unable to explain why it is not mentioned in the final investigative report."

"...watch Newsmax’s interview with retired Special Ops Maj. Rusty Bradley, who helped search for Bergdahl, below; the key bit comes at around 5:45. Like the Times’s source, he claims that a report issued within 24 hours of Bergdahl’s disappearance mentioned a note."

"...where’s the note? And why is the White House telling Congress it doesn’t exist?"

Former Special Ops officer: Report issued within 24 hours after Bergdahl disappeared said he left a note « Hot Air

There was a note.

And now there's not.

Interesting.

and fakey just dismisses this out of hand and relies on rdean's post...but he is a republican

:lol:
Just like you dismiss the FINAL report which has no mention of the note, which exists ONLY in the "memory" of some unknown official. Also the Hastings article on Bergdahl has no mention of a note and points out that no one in his troop knew what happened to him at that time, which they would have known if there was a note!

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/06/w....html?emc=edit_na_20140605&nlid=58318537&_r=0

Bergdahl Walked Away Before, Military Report Says

A classified military report detailing the Army’s investigation into the disappearance of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in June 2009 says that he had wandered away from assigned areas before — both at a training range in California and at his remote outpost in Afghanistan — and then returned, according to people briefed on it.

The report is also said to cite members of his platoon as saying that he may have taken a shorter unauthorized walk outside the concertina wire of his combat outpost in eastern Afghanistan before he left for good, in an incident that was apparently not reported up the chain of command. The Military Times on Wednesday first reported that claim, also citing officials familiar with the military's report.

But the report is said to contain no mention of Sergeant Bergdahl having left behind a letter in his tent that explicitly said he was deserting and explaining his disillusionment, as a retired senior military official briefed on the investigation at the time told The New York Times this week.

Asked about what appeared to be a disconnect, the retired officer insisted that he remembered reading a field report discussing the existence of such a letter in the early days of the search and was unable to explain why it is not mentioned in the final investigative report.

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

At 9:00 that morning, the acting platoon leader, Sgt. 1st Class Larry Hein, called in over the radio to report a missing soldier. According to sources in the battalion, this was the last thing Hein needed, given all the scrutiny the unit had been under. The men needed a break. Instead, they had to find a member of their platoon. "That was a shitty week for all of them," says one soldier in the unit.

By 11:37 a.m., a Predator drone was on station, monitoring the area with a call sign of VOODOO. At 2:10 p.m., a Pathfinder and a team of tracking dogs arrived at the small outpost. Five minutes later, another Predator drone began circling the area. At 2:42, Guardrail – an electronic intercept plane run by the same clandestine Army agency that killed Pablo Escobar – captured low-level voice intercepts picked up from radio or cellphone traffic. An American soldier with a camera was reportedly looking for someone who spoke English.

The search quickly escalated. No one knew whether Bowe was a deserter,* a prisoner or a casualty. At that point he was simply listed as DUSTWUN – short for "Duty Status: Whereabouts Unknown."

Watching Republican Senator's this morning on Morning Joe talking about this situation.

There was no letter on the bed. Senators asked the military and they said it had been fully investigated. It never existed.

One GOP Senator said that Bergdahl looked undernourished, drugged, was mumbling and appeared to be "coerced", but didn't seem to be in any imminent danger (huh"?). This from a 90 second video shown to all Senators.

And they were asked if the White House called them and apologized for any misunderstanding and they had the hardest time saying "yes".

Joe Scarborough attacked the parents of this kid while others at the table told him to leave the kid's parents alone. Joe said the parents should have called the Pentagon and demanded care for their son (after VA funding has been cut - like that's gonna happen).

What isn't clear is whether Republicans understand that it was al Qaeda that attacked the US. To an outside observer, after 9/11, the US then attacked Iraq and the Taliban but let the leader of al Qaeda go. I never could understand that.

And finally, isn't leaving an American in the hands of Islamic Extremists what Republicans accused Obama of doing?

I think in their zeal to attack the president, Republicans are setting themselves up for very difficult explanations. How do you think they will respond?

This is why the Repubs are circling the drain as a party.

What they DID know is that he was suppose to be at his post and was not. The details need to be filled in by we do know he was not taken captive because of hostile action. Thus, even to the brain dead flying monkeys he is the cause of his going over to the Taliban. Unless of course everyone is lying which seems to always be the liberal flying monkey excuse.

OMG you are a faithful one aren't you? Obama promised to clean up the VA, he failed. He was taking heat for it and created another controversy that he thought would make him untouchable. He sent Susan Rice out to lie for him. Never the less he ran on saying how he was going to fix the VA, he did not. What happened before him is immaterial.

U.S. Senate Republicans block veterans' health bill on budget worry | Reuters

Obama never imagined Republicans would fuck over the veterans. Course, I always thought they would. Mean bastards is who they are, and proud of it.

Forum List

Back