Things Trump left out of his speech. Curious.

A smart friend from my college days sent me searching through the speech transcript to verify her observations and add a couple of my own:
  • The world "science" appears once in the speech: "Americans fill the world with art and music. They push the bounds of science and discovery."
  • "Medicine" doesn't appear. Neither does "health care" or "healthcare," which is an enormous part of the economy and an important driver of better paying jobs.
  • "Education" appears twice, but only in the contexts of someone investing in the education of his daughters and in one of the requirements for a path to citizenship for so-called dreamers, who were brought here without official authorization.
  • "STEM," for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, doesn't appear at all.
  • Neither do engineering or mathematics
  • "Technology" doesn't appear at all
  • "Research" and "R&D" are also absent.
As I've said before, higher education in STEM cannot be the only path to better paying jobs and reduced economic inequality.

State Of The Union's Jobs Rapture Needs Hard Reality Checks
------------------------------------------
Right wingers just don't understand that there is isn't enough good paying jobs that require no education or training. They don't exist.

That's why you have such large areas of poor whites. Look at Appalachia.

White wingers whining how things aren't fair when they are too lazy to learn something of values doesn't help anyone. And they haven't figured that out yet. They are crying for jobs and there are 6 million unfilled.

There is a reason that Trump loves the low education voters. He is not going to talk about things they cannot understand.

Ahh this is a gift that keeps on giving. You simply don't get it do you? So long as you keep insulting the electorate, the less inclined they are to vote for you.

But go ahead, keep calling us uneducated, we'll keep kicking your liberal butts in elections.

A smart friend from my college days sent me searching through the speech transcript to verify her observations and add a couple of my own:
  • The world "science" appears once in the speech: "Americans fill the world with art and music. They push the bounds of science and discovery."
  • "Medicine" doesn't appear. Neither does "health care" or "healthcare," which is an enormous part of the economy and an important driver of better paying jobs.
  • "Education" appears twice, but only in the contexts of someone investing in the education of his daughters and in one of the requirements for a path to citizenship for so-called dreamers, who were brought here without official authorization.
  • "STEM," for science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, doesn't appear at all.
As I've said before, higher education in STEM cannot be the only path to better paying jobs and reduced economic inequality.

Right wingers just don't understand that there is isn't enough good paying jobs that require no education or training. They don't exist.

White wingers whining how things aren't fair when they are too lazy to learn something of values doesn't help anyone. And they haven't figured that out yet. They are crying for jobs and there are 6 million unfilled.

There is a reason that Trump loves the low education voters. He is not going to talk about things they cannot understand.

Ahh this is a gift that keeps on giving. You simply don't get it do you? So long as you keep insulting the electorate, the less inclined they are to vote for you.

But go ahead, keep calling us uneducated, we'll keep kicking your liberal butts in elections.
Remember, these are the same idiots who thought Trump directly gave the go ahead for Russia to hack Hillary’s deleted emails in one of his speeches.

I don’t care how “educated” they are, they are much lacking intelligence.

Did not Trump emphasize the need for vocational training? seems to me that would be a good place to start in Appalachia. Seems to me he's also talking about bringing investment back to Detroit areas. All this would be light years beyond the scope of Obama's vision. He brought nothing to poor and forgotten areas in the country. The only people you see these days crying about something not being fair are the ultra libs

You know, if you're gonna try to act like you're smarter than other people, you might want to avoid making basic grammatical errors while you're thus posturing.

You should have said, "There aren't enough good-paying jobs. . . ." You see, the word "jobs" is plural, so you can't use "isn't," which is singular, to modify it. You know, basic noun-verb agreement? And, of course, "good paying" is a unit modifier for "jobs," so it should he hyphenated.

Did you skip basic English in high school and college?

Remember, these are the same idiots who thought Trump directly gave the go ahead for Russia to hack Hillary’s deleted emails in one of his speeches.

I don’t care how “educated” they are, they are much lacking intelligence.
You are quite correct. Education and intelligence are two completely different things.

In a country with 6 million unfilled jobs, if Republicans were actually qualified, they would get jobs.

that there is isn't enough good paying jobs
How after 8 years of Obama, you know the 1/2 white community agitator, could President Trump inherit such a mess?

Mess??? An economy adding 214,000 jobs per month for 6 years, tripling the stock market is your definition of a “mess”.

Obama inherited a stock market that had lost half its value and was shedding jobs at the rate of 500,000 per month. That’s a mess.

In a country with 6 million unfilled jobs, if Republicans were actually qualified, they would get jobs.
During those 8 years of Obummber, who was pushing college education on everyone, once he took over the College Tuition grants, why on Earth would there be 6 million unfilled jobs? Doesn't having a college degree mean anything any more?

During those 8 years of Obummber, who was pushing college education on everyone, once he took over the College Tuition grants, why on Earth would there be 6 million unfilled jobs? Doesn't having a college degree mean anything any more?

Obama never pushed college education on Republicans.

He knew better. Would have been a waste of time.

Obama and Hitlery have the low education voters --the blacks who graduate at lower levels high school and college
remember not hate--just facts

Obama and Hitlery have the low education voters --the blacks who graduate at lower levels high school and college

Donald J Trump....We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated

Donald J Trump....We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated

Yes, Donald loves them and Hillary calls them Deplorables.

The Republicans that want those jobs will get qualified to get those jobs. Maybe the Democrats should do the same????

Forum List

Back