Think There's No Blue Wave Coming?

A groundswell of overwhelming support!!! This is YUGE!!

"She won by 31 votes"
You missed something:

A year ago, Democrats threw $200,000 and a first-tier candidate at Senate District 37, trying to unseat incumbent Republican Dan Newberry.

They lost the conservative west Tulsa County district by 15 percentage points.

A year go, a heavily conservative district could not be flipped even with a lot of Democratic cash and a heavyweight candidate thrown at it.

This year, it was flipped with little effort by a complete unknown.

You missed the fact that this was a SPECIAL ELECTION with ridiculously low turnout.

Complete but unofficial results showed Ikley-Freeman with 2,234 votes to 2,203 for O’Hara. As is usual with special elections, low voter turnout was an important fact — only 4,437 people voted in this election, compared to almost 32,000 in last year’s regular general election.

The area’s other special legislative election, in House District 76, produced no drama or surprises. Republican Ross Ford took nearly 70 percent of the vote to defeat Democrat Chris VanLandingham.
Dude, that's what he said. LOL

No he didn't.
Yeah, I did.

The Republican voters didn't give enough of a shit to put up a fight.

Elections these days are decided by how many of your opponent's voters you can convince to stay home on election day.

Fla, Ind, Missouri, Montana, ND are all very possible gop senate pickups in 18, Jmo. And I may be conservative in figuring the gop chances. But those particular states don't seem to me to have much of an anti-Trump wave. Jmo

United States Senate elections, 2018 - Wikipedia

I think the dems have a decent shot at taking the House, esp if the gop fails to get it's pig budget bills passed.

There might be one coming neither party holds the Presidency and both chambers of Congress for very long. Obama and the Democrats only held them for two years so it wouldn’t be unprecedented for Trump and the Republicans to only hold them for two years we will see.

"She won by 31 votes"
You missed something:

A year ago, Democrats threw $200,000 and a first-tier candidate at Senate District 37, trying to unseat incumbent Republican Dan Newberry.

A year go, a heavily conservative district could not be flipped even with a lot of Democratic cash and a heavyweight candidate thrown at it.

You missed the fact that this was a SPECIAL ELECTION with ridiculously low turnout.

Complete but unofficial results showed Ikley-Freeman with 2,234 votes to 2,203 for O’Hara. As is usual with special elections, low voter turnout was an important fact — only 4,437 people voted in this election, compared to almost 32,000 in last year’s regular general election.

The area’s other special legislative election, in House District 76, produced no drama or surprises. Republican Ross Ford took nearly 70 percent of the vote to defeat Democrat Chris VanLandingham.
Dude, that's what he said. LOL

No he didn't.
Yeah, I did.

The Republican voters didn't give enough of a shit to put up a fight.

Elections these days are decided by how many of your opponent's voters you can convince to stay home on election day.

Gtard5000, stop drinking your own piss.....You never mentioned turn out.

Read your own words...

Yup. They expect a blue wave here to.

D5B04A15-0411-4E71-B24A-D173184E516B.jpeg

A-OK in Oklahoma: Democrats flip their 14th special election from red to blue on Tuesday

Democrats just flipped yet another deep red seat in Oklahoma. This brings the total of Democratic pickups in contested special elections to 14 this cycle—and four of those pickups have been in super-Republican Oklahoma.

Tuesday’s flip was in Senate District 37, a seat just west of Tulsa that went 67-27 for Donald Trump in 2016 and 69-31 for Mitt Romney in 2012. Last fall, Democrats spent $200,000 to try to win this seat, only to lose to the GOP by 15 points. This time, Democrat Allison Ikley-Freeman, a therapist at a non-profit community mental health agency who campaigned on ending Oklahoma’s education crisis and expanding access to health care, won 50.3 to 49.7—performing 40 points better than the presidential results just a year ago to secure this victory.

This flip follows special election pickups for Democrats in Washington and Georgia just last week, flips in Florida, New Hampshire, and Oklahoma in September, and two more pickups in Oklahoma in July. In May, Democrats flipped another state House seat in New Hampshire and a state Assembly seat in New York. In almost all of these races, the Democrat not only won but also over-performed the presidential numbers in their districts by double digits, by margins that range from 11 percent all the way to 48 percent. And let’s not forget Democrats’ epic wins in Virginia on Nov. 7—15 and counting—as well as at least two pickups in New Jersey.

This feels like old news at this point, but it bears repeating: Republicans at every level of the ballot have been in danger all year and have everything to fear in 2018.

A-OK in Oklahoma: Democrats flip their 14th special election from red to blue on Tuesday

Catch the Democratic Tsunami!

One of the greatest thrills of my life was running into Brian Wilson at a restaurant in Maui around ten years ago and sharing a bottle of wine.

His abusive father Murry Wilson beat the snot out of him as a kid and he's had a rough life, but man - total musical genius and boyhood idol ever since i started surfing in SoCal at age 9.

"She won by 31 votes"
You missed something:

Are you getting excited?

Fla, Ind, Missouri, Montana, ND are all very possible gop senate pickups in 18, Jmo. And I may be conservative in figuring the gop chances. But those particular states don't seem to me to have much of an anti-Trump wave. Jmo

United States Senate elections, 2018 - Wikipedia

I think the dems have a decent shot at taking the House, esp if the gop fails to get it's pig budget bills passed.
Rick Scott is not going to beat Bill Nelson.

So?

You won't win enough to override a veto so it'll be no different than it is now. Status quo even if you win back enough for control

I just want the Dems to have one more vote than the Republicans in the Senate to put a stop to these awful judiciary appointments Trump is making. Bring a blogger that supports Trump is not a qualification for a life time judgeship

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back