This can't possibly be a coincidence.

The 50 most violent cities in the world

Gotta be the blacks, or the Democrats, according to the Hitler Youth.

Seeing as the top 8 murder capitals are in the Americas

List of cities by murder rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Only one of the top 40 in outside of America. Apparently it's blacks that do it. If this were the case, then Africa would be more dangerous, right? Seeing as many Africans cities have higher number of blacks than American cities

Caracas, number one in the murder rate, is in a country with a 16% Black population.
San Pedro de Sula, a country with a 3% black population.

I'm thinking you're not onto something here.
You are making the mistake of implying that I, or someone else, said that skin color was to blame. I do not believe that anyone said that. However, the black culture, which votes democrat, are responsible for what's happening in these cities. Do you see the difference? Probably not. SIGH!

No, I'm not the one shouting you're a racist here.

Black culture? What is black culture? South African culture is different to Ghanaian culture, in fact there are many cultures within South Africa and maybe Ghana. And these are different to cultures in the Americas, and US black culture is different to black culture in other American countries and no doubt southern Black culture is different to northern or western Black culture.

"Black culture" doesn't exist.

However, take a look at history.

"All men are created equal" was stated in 1776. Slavery existed until 1865. Segregation existed until 1954. Even beyong slavery and segregation black people have suffered at the hands of some white people, especially in the South.

Moving on from there, many black people were under educated, or not educated at all. They moved to cities like Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore from the South. Others moved to New Orleans. Some stayed and worked for money in the South. The problem was opportunities for black people were not as good as for white people, education wasn't as good, separate and definitely not equal until 1954 and no doubt afterwards too.

The racist and bigoted whites (I'm not saying all whites were racist or bigoted) managed to keep things as they liked it. Restricting voting so white politicians always remained in charge, having education which was based on house prices, ie, black people were poor and then went to poor schools and found it difficult to move upwards.

A place like Detroit was car manufacturing. Jobs were in that industry and it wasn't a job that required amazing academic skills, so the people stayed, followed their fathers and grandfather and education wasn't pushed. It was about getting a job and working.

So it's hardly a surprise that when the auto industry had a massive downturn that a city like Detroit would deteriorate. Many have got out, many stay and crime is their only way of surviving.

Ghettos exist, a cycle of poverty and crime and single parent families and gangs and it's very, VERY hard to get out of that. You don't get educated then you have no options and so you stay and do what you have to do.

Black people have had a raw deal in the USA. The expression "everyone can make it in the USA" forgets that in a country only a certain number of people can actually "make it" and the powers that be want a cheap labor force and the blacks ended up as that and the rich had no desire to see this change, so kept as many as they could where they were.

Blacks are not the only people getting the "raw" deal. Anyone who did not continue with their education and acquire a trade or degree for a profession have had a hard time. And it is not going to stop if family units are fractured and the "easy way out" appeals to the underdog. Stop looking for hand outs and look for some business to give you a hand UP.

NAFTA and other trade deals have had major impacts on the middle class. If Trump is successful in bringing those jobs back to the US, we will see prices rising but more people would be employed and paying taxes. Let's make sure those getting these jobs are citizens and this may help keep the family unit intact.

Add another racist to the board... Not very Christian of you.
And why didn't your reply speak to the impropriety of his remarks?

Because it was obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. He listed three cities in the top most violent countries in the world, and then the very first thing he mentioned was that they had large Black populations. It doesn't take a Mensa member to connect the dots there.

Then say so. Cite the statistics depicting the causal factors of crime in each of the cities. State the state of the economy, the unemployment rates of whites, blacks, Spanish. Are gangs more prevalent in cities or rural areas?
What is the make up of the Mayor, Council and Police and Fire chief.

Read the thread...I did.

Only one of the top 40 in outside of America. Apparently it's blacks that do it. If this were the case, then Africa would be more dangerous, right? Seeing as many Africans cities have higher number of blacks than American cities

Caracas, number one in the murder rate, is in a country with a 16% Black population.

You are making the mistake of implying that I, or someone else, said that skin color was to blame. I do not believe that anyone said that. However, the black culture, which votes democrat, are responsible for what's happening in these cities. Do you see the difference? Probably not. SIGH!

C'mon dood. You start out with a title gasping "this can't be a coincidence" and then proceed to cherrypick your way into the "coincidence" you want it to go to. No, there are no "coincidences" in cherrypicking.
Even if what you say is correct...it isn't, but just pretend...How is stating the truth racist? I presented the facts, then asked for comments. I then get called a raaaaaaaaaaaaaacist! Puhleeeeeese. I can only laugh so much before I hyperventilate. LOL!
No, you didn’t ‘present facts,’ you presented a premise that fails as a fallacy.

You incorrectly inferred that because democrats ‘controlled’ these cities for decades they must be ‘responsible’ for all that’s wrong with the cities, which is a logical fallacy, an example of poor reasoning, given the fact that there are many other factors that contribute to the problems cities face having nothing to do with ‘democrats.’

Or you knew that democrats aren’t ‘responsible’ for the problems but attempted to propagate your lie anyway in bad faith for some perceived partisan advantage.

In any event, your premise fails as either a confusion of correlation and causation fallacy or a straw man fallacy – take your pick.

Neither you or Lutroo gave any proof that a certain party is responsible for the economy of any city. What seems to be the reason for failing cities are the lack of jobs. We need to bring manufacturing back.

C'mon dood. You start out with a title gasping "this can't be a coincidence" and then proceed to cherrypick your way into the "coincidence" you want it to go to. No, there are no "coincidences" in cherrypicking.
Even if what you say is correct...it isn't, but just pretend...How is stating the truth racist? I presented the facts, then asked for comments. I then get called a raaaaaaaaaaaaaacist! Puhleeeeeese. I can only laugh so much before I hyperventilate. LOL!
No, you didn’t ‘present facts,’ you presented a premise that fails as a fallacy.

You incorrectly inferred that because democrats ‘controlled’ these cities for decades they must be ‘responsible’ for all that’s wrong with the cities, which is a logical fallacy, an example of poor reasoning, given the fact that there are many other factors that contribute to the problems cities face having nothing to do with ‘democrats.’

Or you knew that democrats aren’t ‘responsible’ for the problems but attempted to propagate your lie anyway in bad faith for some perceived partisan advantage.

In any event, your premise fails as either a confusion of correlation and causation fallacy or a straw man fallacy – take your pick.
NO, because his premise is correct, the democrat run cities have done nothing in many cases for four plus decades on the local level. And its a direct reflection of democrat spending on social issues and NOT jobs or infrastructure.

And why didn't your reply speak to the impropriety of his remarks?

Because it was obvious to anyone with half a brain cell. He listed three cities in the top most violent countries in the world, and then the very first thing he mentioned was that they had large Black populations. It doesn't take a Mensa member to connect the dots there.

Then say so. Cite the statistics depicting the causal factors of crime in each of the cities. State the state of the economy, the unemployment rates of whites, blacks, Spanish. Are gangs more prevalent in cities or rural areas?
What is the make up of the Mayor, Council and Police and Fire chief.

Read the thread...I did.
You are right. I did not read the entire thread. Sorry.

Let's say, for a moment, that you are correct about the other problems. It is equally fallacious to claim that these other problems are responsible, and not democratic policies. There is also the fact that the top ten worst cities are controlled by democrats. That is not a fallacy. It's a pattern. It's an epidemic. And you're full of it. You can swallow, or spit it out. Your choice.

How is stating the facts racist? Please explain your reasoning for this belief. I have stated the facts. Nothing else. You must be a liberal. You're pretty handy with that race card.

Well the fact that the one stat you state is that they have high black populations, instead of things about the jobless rates, or low incomes, or low education scores... that shows you are racist.
That merely shows that you are quick to play the race card. Once again, how am I racist for stating the facts? You are also falsely accusing me of blaming the cities woes on blacks. I did not say that. In fact, I believe that the root cause of it all is democratic policies. The only way blacks figure into the equation is that there are a lot of them, and they almost always vote Democrat. Now, I believe you owe me an apology.

dude, there might be some stupid people on this forum, but I'm not one of them. When you say the U.S. has three of the most violent cities in the world and then say they have high black populations... YOU ARE BLAMING it on the Blacks. You are worse than any non-Christian believer that you talk so badly about. You are a paper Champion Christian hypocrite. For a true Christian, God is blind and sees everyone as his children no matter what the color of their skin is. You ARE a revolting human being.
That is what happens to a city when you have an overload of f#cking faggoty ass hobos. In this case San Francisco. Loaded with the flea bitten drug induced drunken street crapping sh#t for brains like "Tommy "the faggot" Tooter.

The city has to hire crews for Christs sake to clean hobo sh#t off the sidewalks.
That is f#cking disgusting and the idea that this lower life form of Tooter turds can even walk the streets is wrong.

Those ignorant mother f#ckers should be BEAT within an inch of their life simply when spotted. NO city or state should even have to give a reason. We are talking FAG sh#t on Americas streets FAG SH#T.
San Francisco Steps Up 'Poop Patrols' - Breitbart
San Francisco reaps what it sows. Sanctuary cities are bringing cities down and I have no sympathy for them.

Yeah you seem to have some kind of rhetorical asthma. Or prolly just .... gas.

I don't know if you're a racist or not -- all I know is you went and cherrypicked some random association fallacies carefully designed to malign both "blacks" and "Democrats", and then tried to present it as "coincidence".
I never claimed it was coincidence. Quite the opposite, in fact. Liberal policies destroy cities. This is a fact. Blacks predominantly vote democrat. Another fact. You cannot refute either one. And I'm a racist for pointing them out? Once again, I ask you. What racist comment did I make to set you off? Be specific.

Which liberal policies destroy cities? You say it's a "fact", so present those facts.

Blacks vote Democrats. Why do you think this is? Could it be because 25% of blacks are in poverty? That Republicans don't represent black people?

If Republicans ran these cities, would these cities be better? How? What evidence do you have to suggest this?

Republicans run large cities too, Miami, for example, is run by a Republican Mayor, it has a violent crime rate over 1,000, whereas San Jose in California is Democrat run, has a population more than double Miami's and has a violent crime rate of 321.

NO, because his premise is correct, the democrat run cities have done nothing in many cases for four plus decades on the local level. And its a direct reflection of democrat spending on social issues and NOT jobs or infrastructure.

Lots of people are making a lot of points that they are saying are facts, but how many people in this thread have actually provided links or data to back them up? Lutroo said St. Louis was one of the cities that had large black populations, when in fact is almost a 50/50 split with whites. Others have said that Democrats destroy cities. Well here is a list of the top 10 cities in the United States...here is the links and it shows who is the mayor of each city. Guess how many are Republicans?

Here is the top 10 cities of the Top 50 cities to live in the U.S. for 2015.

2015 Ranking of Top 100 Best Places to Live in America | Livability | Best Small to mid-sized U.S. Cities to Live

#1- Madison, Wisconsin - Mayor Paul Soglin (D)

Madison, Wisconsin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#2- Rochester, Minnesota - Mayor Ardell Brede (I)

Rochester, Minnesota - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#3- Arlington, Virginia- County no Mayor

Arlington County, Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#4- Boulder, Colorado- Mayor Suzanne Jones (Unspecified)

Boulder, Colorado - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#5- Palo alto, California- Mayor Patrick Burt (Unspecified)

Palo Alto, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#6- Berkeley, California- Mayor Tom Bates (D)

Berkeley, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#7- Santa Clara, California- Mayor Lisa Gillmor (Unspecified)

Santa Clara, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#8- Missoula, Montana- Mayor John Engen (D)

Missoula, Montana - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#9- Boise, Idaho- Mayor David H. Bieter (D)

Boise, Idaho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#10- Iowa City, Iowa- Mayor Jim Throgmorton (Unspecified)

Iowa City, Iowa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, I'm not the one shouting you're a racist here.

Black culture? What is black culture? South African culture is different to Ghanaian culture, in fact there are many cultures within South Africa and maybe Ghana. And these are different to cultures in the Americas, and US black culture is different to black culture in other American countries and no doubt southern Black culture is different to northern or western Black culture.

"Black culture" doesn't exist.

However, take a look at history.

"All men are created equal" was stated in 1776. Slavery existed until 1865. Segregation existed until 1954. Even beyong slavery and segregation black people have suffered at the hands of some white people, especially in the South.

Moving on from there, many black people were under educated, or not educated at all. They moved to cities like Detroit, St. Louis, Baltimore from the South. Others moved to New Orleans. Some stayed and worked for money in the South. The problem was opportunities for black people were not as good as for white people, education wasn't as good, separate and definitely not equal until 1954 and no doubt afterwards too.

The racist and bigoted whites (I'm not saying all whites were racist or bigoted) managed to keep things as they liked it. Restricting voting so white politicians always remained in charge, having education which was based on house prices, ie, black people were poor and then went to poor schools and found it difficult to move upwards.

A place like Detroit was car manufacturing. Jobs were in that industry and it wasn't a job that required amazing academic skills, so the people stayed, followed their fathers and grandfather and education wasn't pushed. It was about getting a job and working.

So it's hardly a surprise that when the auto industry had a massive downturn that a city like Detroit would deteriorate. Many have got out, many stay and crime is their only way of surviving.

Ghettos exist, a cycle of poverty and crime and single parent families and gangs and it's very, VERY hard to get out of that. You don't get educated then you have no options and so you stay and do what you have to do.

Black people have had a raw deal in the USA. The expression "everyone can make it in the USA" forgets that in a country only a certain number of people can actually "make it" and the powers that be want a cheap labor force and the blacks ended up as that and the rich had no desire to see this change, so kept as many as they could where they were.

Blacks are not the only people getting the "raw" deal. Anyone who did not continue with their education and acquire a trade or degree for a profession have had a hard time. And it is not going to stop if family units are fractured and the "easy way out" appeals to the underdog. Stop looking for hand outs and look for some business to give you a hand UP.

NAFTA and other trade deals have had major impacts on the middle class. If Trump is successful in bringing those jobs back to the US, we will see prices rising but more people would be employed and paying taxes. Let's make sure those getting these jobs are citizens and this may help keep the family unit intact.

No, blacks aren't the only ones getting raw deals.

Trump wants to bring back low paid jobs, it won't make the US a better place. He wants the US to be like China, and China has a lot of people with not much money.

Lots of people are making a lot of points that they are saying are facts, but how many people in this thread have actually provided links or data to back them up? Lutroo said St. Louis was one of the cities that had large black populations, when in fact is almost a 50/50 split with whites. Others have said that Democrats destroy cities. Well here is a list of the top 10 cities in the United States...here is the links and it shows who is the mayor of each city. Guess how many are Republicans?

2015 Ranking of Top 100 Best Places to Live in America | Livability | Best Small to mid-sized U.S. Cities to Live

You really love twisting things around to make yourself look better. When looking at how well a city is doing, you have to go back a few decades to decide which party is responsible, as different parties can be elected from year to year. The ten cities I mentioned have been under exclusive control of liberals for decades. There is no one else to blame it on. They own this mess. No one else. Their LIBERAL policies have destroyed these cities economically.

You really love twisting things around to make yourself look better. When looking at how well a city is doing, you have to go back a few decades to decide which party is responsible, as different parties can be elected from year to year. The ten cities I mentioned have been under exclusive control of liberals for decades. There is no one else to blame it on. They own this mess. No one else. Their LIBERAL policies have destroyed these cities economically.

What is there to twist? They are the top 10 cities in the U.S. and most are run by Democrats. End of story. You are just full of excuses and facts that you just come up with off the skin of your ass. You have provided absolutely no sources in this entire thread. Congratulations. While at the same time you have done absolutely nothing to refute the FACTS I have given you including the one showing you were wrong about the Black population of St. Louis.

Which "LIBERAL policies" destroyed their cities?

All of this takes place in a state and in a country. Could it be that the policies of both of these undermine what goes on in the cities?

How is stating the facts racist? Please explain your reasoning for this belief. I have stated the facts. Nothing else. You must be a liberal. You're pretty handy with that race card.

The implication that a large black population or Democrats are the cause of these cities being dangerous, when neither is true. That you think this is true, makes you a racist.

ALL of the largest cities in America have liberal governments. There are no large conservative cities in the US. The biggest is Jacksonville, Florida, with a population in excess of 800,000. Oklahoma City is next largest with 600,000. The rest in the top 10 list are at just over 400,000, or less.

The 10 most conservative (and liberal) cities in America

What I saw in when I was in Baltimore was poverty. Poor people are desperate people, and where you have desperation, you have drugs and violence.

Here's what the Business Insider had to say about Baltimore:

These maps show the depth of Baltimore's inequality problem

and another take on it:

City Observatory - Baltimore’s problems belong to 2015, not 1968

I sure opened up a can of worms, didn't I? I figured I'd get a reaction, but nothing like this. Must have hit a nerve. :)

No, you didn't hit a nerve. We're just sick of all of the racist scum that have joined this board recently, and we're going to kick your asses until you find another board to troll.

All of this takes place in a state and in a country. Could it be that the policies of both of these undermine what goes on in the cities?
Forty G-d damn years the city of Flint paid taxes for infrastructure improvement. Where did that tax money go? Did it just f#cking disappear? NO, democrats there STOLE tax money from the utility fund to pay for pet projects INSTEAD of what the money was collected for.

And democrats do that in every city they control. Now the cities are going broke because they can't meet their debt loads because of union contracts.

Democrats kept kicking the can down the road. Well guess what you moron? That road was a dead end. And citizens are dying because you democrats are outright stupid about money and BASIC social need.

I sure opened up a can of worms, didn't I? I figured I'd get a reaction, but nothing like this. Must have hit a nerve. :)

No, you didn't hit a nerve. We're just sick of all of the racist scum that have joined this board recently, and we're going to kick your asses until you find another board to troll.
Guess what slut? YOU are not god.

Forty G-d damn years the city of Flint paid taxes for infrastructure improvement. Where did that tax money go? Did it just f#cking disappear? NO, democrats there STOLE tax money from the utility fund to pay for pet projects INSTEAD of what the money was collected for.

And democrats do that in every city they control. Now the cities are going broke because they can't meet their debt loads because of union contracts.

Democrats kept kicking the can down the road. Well guess what you moron? That road was a dead end. And citizens are dying because you democrats are outright stupid about money and BASIC social need.

So you just gave one example of a crappy group of politicians running one city. Do you want me to list all the Republican run cities with scandals where they stole money from the citizens or improperly ran their city?

The implication that a large black population or Democrats are the cause of these cities being dangerous, when neither is true. That you think this is true, makes you a racist.

ALL of the largest cities in America have liberal governments. There are no large conservative cities in the US. The biggest is Jacksonville, Florida, with a population in excess of 800,000. Oklahoma City is next largest with 600,000. The rest in the top 10 list are at just over 400,000, or less.

The 10 most conservative (and liberal) cities in America

What I saw in when I was in Baltimore was poverty. Poor people are desperate people, and where you have desperation, you have drugs and violence.

Here's what the Business Insider had to say about Baltimore:

These maps show the depth of Baltimore's inequality problem

and another take on it:

City Observatory - Baltimore’s problems belong to 2015, not 1968
LOL! Why do you think these cities are poor in the first place? It is because of being run into the ground by liberal democrats. In fact. You cannot point to one city, that has been controlled by democrats for several decades, that is not a financial ruin. Show me one. Just one. You can't. Or, at least, I'll be very surprised if you can.

#1- Madison, Wisconsin - Mayor Paul Soglin (D) - The racial makeup of the city of the population.78.9% White, 7.3% African American, 0.4% Native American, 7.4% Asian, 2.9% from other races, and 3.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.8% of the p

The racial makeup of the city was 82.0% White, 6.3% African American, 0.3% Native American, 6.8% Asian (1.3% Indian, 1.2% Cambodian, 1.0% Chinese, 0.9% Vietnamese, 0.6% Laotian, 0.4% Korean, 0.4% Filipino, 0.2% Hmong, 0.1% Japanese, 0.1% Thai, 0.1% Pakistani), 2.0% from other races, and 2.6% from two or more races. Hispanic orLatino of any race were 5.2% of the population (3.7% Mexican, 0.3% Puerto Rican).

• 63.8% non-Hispanic White
  • 8.9% Non-Hispanic Black or African American
  • 0.8% Non-Hispanic Native American
  • 9.9% Non-Hispanic Asian (2.0% Indian, 1.7% Chinese, 1.1% Filipino, 0.9% Korean, 0.7% Vietnamese, 2.7% Other Asian)
  • 0.1% Pacific Islander
  • 0.29% Non-Hispanic other races
  • 3.0% Non-Hispanics reporting two or more race
  • 15.4% of the population was Hispanic or Latino of any race (3.4% Salvadoran, 2.0% Bolivian, 1.7% Mexican, 1.5% Guatemalan, 0.8% Puerto Rican, 0.7% Peruvian, 0.6% Colombian)
  • 28% of Arlington residents were foreign-born as of 2000.

88.0% White, 0.9% Black or African American, 0.4% Native American, 4.7% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 3.2% some other race, and 2.6% from two or more races. 8.7% of the population are Hispanic or Latino of any race.[19]

(64.2%) White, 17,461 (27.1%) Asian, 1,197 (1.9%) African American, 121 (0.2%) Native American, 142 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 1,426 (2.2%) from other races, and 2,697 (4.2%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 3,974 persons (6.2%).

The racial makeup of Berkeley was 66,996 (59.5%) White, 11,241 (10.0%) Black or African American, 479 (0.4%) Native American, 21,690 (19.3%) Asian (8.4% Chinese, 2.4% Indian, 2.1% Korean, 1.6% Japanese, 1.5% Filipino, 1.0% Vietnamese), 186 (0.2%) Pacific Islander, 4,994 (4.4%) from other races, and 6,994 (6.2%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 12,209 persons (10.8%). 6.8% of the city's population was of Mexican ancestry.

9 (45.0%) White, 3,154 (2.7%) African American, 579 (0.5%) Native American, 43,889 (37.7%) Asian (13.6% Indian, 6.9% Chinese, 6.2% Filipino, 3.9% Vietnamese, 3.0% Korean, 1.5% Japanese), 651 (0.6%) Pacific Islander, 9,624 (8.3%) from other races, and 6,212 (5.3%) from two or more races.Hispanic or Latino of any race were 22,589 persons (19.4%); 14.6% of Santa Clara's population was of Mexican ancestry.

92.1% White, 0.5% African American, 2.8% Native American, 1.2% Asian, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.5% from other races, and 2.8% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.9% of the population.

The racial makeup of the city was 89.0% White, 1.5% African American, 0.7% Native American, 3.2% Asian, 0.2% Pacific Islander, 2.5% from other races, and 3.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 7.1% of the population.

The racial makeup of the city was 82.5% White, 5.8% African American, 0.2% Native American, 6.9%Asian, 2.1% from other races, and 2.5% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 5.3% of the population.

The political party of the mayor was mentioned in the previous post. Here are Some of the demographics.

Forum List

Back